The Sound of Vinyl - 40% Off Sitewide.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by TxRangersFan, Nov 29, 2021.

1. TxRangersFan

TxRangersFan Senior Member Thread Starter

40% Off Sitewide. Some Exclusions Apply. Discount Applied at Checkout.

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  2. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Now doing a 30% sale, with free U.S. shipping, but a warning for international customers:

DHL just sent me a bill for $20+tax for "processing fees" on top of the (expected) $23 in taxes! (And US$25 for shipping.)

So that more than eats up any savings I got in the sale. That was my first order from SoV, and now likely my last.

That said, for those in the free shipping zone, that's a nice deal on the Grateful Dead St. Louis box, plus a number of the Blue Note reissues (but it's really hit and miss what they have).

black sheriff likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's a pity the canada version of SOV/Udiscover doesn't seem to be doing sales anymore, but considering the charges you were hit with it may be beneficial to check MusicVaultz out anyway:
    Shop | MusicVaultz

4. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Thanks for the suggestion, @GentleSenator! Yes, I do check MusicVaultz from time to time, but they don't seem to carry much that I'm interested in. I've occasionally been tempted by a deal on a box set, but nothing I felt I needed.

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. hype

hype Forum Resident

It's crazy how cheap the Beatles Mono box was there for so long.. I remember biting finally at about $150 (USD) but I believe it ended up getting as low as 120-30 with a coupon that came out after I bought it. I got a few other box sets as well shortly after but I think it's been a good 2-3 years since I bought anything now. They def. used to have some pretty insane deals.

black sheriff and GentleSenator like this.
  6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I dropped an order for a few albums earlier this week when they were 40% off. Supreme finds at a great price if you ask me.

[​IMG]
    Signing Off (Translucent Red Limited Edition) × 1
    40% OFF SITEWIDE BF + CM (-$14.39) $35.98
    $21.59

[​IMG]
    Dead Man's Party (Orange Limited Edition) × 1
    40% OFF SITEWIDE BF + CM (-$15.99) $39.98
    $23.99

[​IMG]
    Damn the Torpedoes (Red Limited Edition) × 1
    40% OFF SITEWIDE BF + CM (-$11.19) $27.98
    $16.79

GentleSenator and black sheriff like this.
  7. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I regret not jumping on the 40% off sale but they didn't post an end date so thought it might go through the week. What I had in my cart is now about $100 more than I would have paid at the 40% off level so I decided to pass.

8. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for the GD heads up. I just picked up the Grateful Dead St. Louis box. It came out to $97.36USD total. :cool::thumbsup:

Fractured likes this.
  9. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Experienced some amazing customer service from sound of vinyl this week.

Last saturday, i saw that Tom Waits, Bad as Me, was not getting the current 30 percent off deal. Emailed them expecting a reply in a few days. In a few minutes they get back to me and say they are working to get it discounted. An hour later they email again saying they got the discount working for this record. I go in and order, applying credit points to knock down the price even more. Yesterday, just 3 days later, the record shows up here in Pebble Beach (free shipping of course). That's good service.

Fractured, GentleSenator and SJP like this.
  10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that is really quick and totally unlike them! you just inspired me to send them another message about an issue as they haven't responded to the one i sent almost a week ago.

hutlock and TerpStation like this.
  11. gklainer

gklainer Forum Resident

Be careful purchasing from The Sound of Vinyl.

I purchased a few LPs for gifts on December 8 that stated "In Stock". I got a confirmation of my order but they never shipped. After an inquiry a few days later they stated they were on backorder and I could cancel for a full refund. Once I sent the cancellation and refund email they quit responding to me. Three emails later and December 29 and they still have not responded to multiple emails and the address they provided.

Obviously, I won't be purchasing from them in the future. I hope everyone else has had a much better experience than I have had.

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

That sucks. Seems you might have some recourse by filing a claim via your method of payment, be it Paypal or a credit card company. That usually gets a seller's attention.

hutlock and gklainer like this.
  13. Dunedin

Dunedin Forum Resident

US Site: The Specials Encore LP is $13.00 with free US shipping

Encore

grouploner likes this.
  14. throwingthings

throwingthings Well-Known Member

have folks been actually getting their orders from this site? i'm waiting on a couple that haven't moved in weeks despite my following up...

15. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

I had a 2 album order late February, they finally got around to shipping it a few weeks to a month later, but for some reason they only sent one. I reached out, they responded quickly and put in another order for me, now I'm waiting for that one.

They were both in stock when I ordered, and are still in stock now, I don't know what's going on.

16. hype

hype Forum Resident

They have a notice at the top of there website saying they are experiencing delays so not sure exactly whats going on over there but I have absolutely noticed it as well.. One order recently shipped after probably 5-6 weeks.. I have another that's a good month old that's still Unfulfilled. Then I have a third order sandwiched in the middle and that shipped within 2-3 days so it's a mystery to me as well.

Udiscover otoh have been pretty quick on the few things ordered over the last few months.

17. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I haven't ordered recently but was doing some searching since I have a 20% off coupon and they have a lot of reggae and obscure jazz.
    I was having trouble getting their web page to load, but figured it was something local. Was a PIA so I finally gave up.

18. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

I wanted to see if there was anybody out there experiencing the same thing.

I had to send another message about not receiving this order. This time I was told it was backordered at the time of the 1st reorder, and it didn't go through. They gave me a tracking number through the Route app for the third attempt to send, but I couldn't get it to show up. This was 3 days ago, original order was made late February.

19. throwingthings

throwingthings Well-Known Member

Just received a shipping notification for a record I ordered on Dec. 31 :laugh:

hutlock and DapperGentleman like this.
  20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

HAHAHAHA DAMN! Well, better late than never I guess.

Unless you lost patience and just bought it somewhere else. Lol.

21. GingerHoly

GingerHoly Well-Known Member

So here's an odd one... I made a big purchase from the 40% off sale the day it went live in November, and every album arrived within a few weeks.

Today (7 months later) I opened my front door, and there were several packages sitting there.

SoV just re-sent everything I ordered that night in November, and I mean everything. About $350 worth of albums. :pineapple:

Considering I went on to spend another $500 on that sale in the following weeks, I'm really wondering if there are more surprise packages on the way.

22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

wow. but i have to ask: are you sure those dopes didn't charge you for it all again??

23. GingerHoly

GingerHoly Well-Known Member

Yeah, positive. I used PayPal, and haven't had any charges. Just double checked.

They included a shipping receipt, and the order number is the exact same one from November!

:shrug:

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

outstanding!

here's hoping others might get blessed with good fortune like you did.

25. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

That’s awesome.