Amazon shipping issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Derrell Gore, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Derrell Gore

Derrell Gore Forum Resident Thread Starter

Read about it…not sure if it happened.

2. Amazon shipping...
    they now have this new thing on their cheapest substitute for envelopes saying on the outside:

THIS PACKAGING
    IS LIGHTER
    THAN OUR SMALLEST BOX

What a bad omen to see that.
    I've had two packages come damaged from them sending it *proudly* in their lightest, thinnest substitute for an envelope (this is genuinely much thinner than their usual white and blue "Prime" mailers).
    Pathetic. Like Bezos can't afford for them to use boxes anyway. Plus, they probably LOSE more on returns with this s*** than if they just uses boxes. Cheap ******* in charge.
    I have one more thing coming from them, then I'm never buying from them again.

3. AJH

AJH Senior Member

The Jewel Case for every CD that I ordered from Amazon for the past six or seven years had arrived either cracked or totally destroyed. The reason is simple- they either put the CD in just a thin poly shipping envelope, or in a box with some other heavy object that rolls around during shipping and subsequently destroys the case. I don't get too upset because I have plenty of extra CD Jewel cases on hand, and as long as the CD itself isn't scratched or damaged so it doesn't play, I'm not going to bother with an exchange or refund. It is interesting to note however, that during the past six months or so, I ordered three CD's from Amazon UK and all three CD's arrived with much better packaging and absolutely no damage to the case or CD itself.

4. KazJY

KazJY Well-Known Member

I wish more CDs still came in jewel cases. I never win on the cardboard digipaks. Always banged up.

5. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Yesterday I received the SHM-CD of Van Der Graaf Generator’s Aerosol Grey Machine (UK tracklist), for which I’ve paid $32, and it came in a flimsy bubble envelope.

The item itself was in fine shape, no complaints about that, but the fact that I pay top price for it and receive it in such a careless fashion ticks me off to no end.
    From now on I’ve decided to order such imports from CDJapan. For just a couple of dollars more I think there’s better service and care being taken with shipping such items.

ex_mixer likes this.