FedEx Happy Holiday delivery issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ScramMan2, Nov 26, 2021.

1. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hundreds of FedEx packages found in Alabama woods

On a personal note I had 2 bad delivery attempts by FedEx Ground this week. One was two blocks away, the driver came to my door and I turned him away. Second one was dropped at my doorstep, it was for my neighbor across the street. Must be seasonal employees that they just hired.

2. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

In my experience, Fedex Ground has always been the worst of the major delivery services.

johnny q and ScramMan2 like this.
  3. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Christmas seasonal employees are a problem with every delivery service.

In my opinion, FedEx Ground is the best of the basic delivery services.

Yesterday I ordered from Walmart some COVID antigen home test kits. They were scheduled to arrive via FedEx next Tuesday. Instead, an hour ago they were left by FedEx on my front stoop. I'm glad they emailed me that they had been delivered. I certainly wasn't looking for them and would not have seen them until later.

I don't know who to thank for this rapid delivery, Walmart or FedEx. Certainly, both were on the ball.

Classic Car Guy and chazz101s like this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

FedEx Home Delivery, which is the low-cost FedEx service, is the sketchy one, sometimes let down by the last mile freelancers who do the deliveries.

FedEx Ground is fine.

5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

as a former fedex employee i used to feel their strong security measures & strict internal guidelines made them the best across express, ground, home delivery, etc. but lately i think they have been hit with the same labor shortage that almost every company has.

for months, fedex ground had been leaving my deliveries in the middle of my somewhat longer-than-average driveway and applying a "left at gated driveway" scan on them. there is no gate. there are no obstructions. sometimes just sitting in the middle or sometimes leaning against my car.

needless to say it was very upsetting to me given the various states of extreme weather we've had. i don't have a clear vantage point to catch the driver in the act and i didn't want to complain given how stressful their jobs are right now, so i left a polite note taped to the fence in the general area asking them to please leave deliveries on my front porch. so far, so good but having to ask for something that's common sense is a brand new one for me.

chazz101s likes this.
  6. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

Fedex is my friend and I know youre gonna do a wonderful, careful with non Fut-Bol shipping with no delays.
    That's its baby and come to Papa.. Merry X'mas.:nauga:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    johnny q likes this.
  7. Valkenburg

Valkenburg Forum Resident

8. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

9. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

With the bad weather here in the USA over the last week, Fedex deliveries have been horrendously delayed!

10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Nobody asked for this weather.

Shocked to find a Keurig warranty replacement coffeemaker show up the very next day after being told it was being shipped, and due three days from then. UPS must have been moving heaven and earth to get things around the country ahead of the worst of the weather this week. Not necessarily because they care, but because lags in delivery while things pile up in frozen distribution centers further north, can gum things up a lot more.

When UPS, DHL, FedEx, USPS, Amazon and others know they have stuff going down those same frozen roads, and have to get them from hub-to-hub before they can even aim them at the right towns. that's got to be a nightmare in a weather event like this. Be sure and thank your delivery person whenever you can this holiday...you have no idea what they've been through!

I mean, seriously - warm greeting; look them in the eye; tell them they are appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  11. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

After FedEx, UPS and of course, the USPS all left packages on my doorstep last Christmas season that belonged to various neighbors on my street, only the USPS continued to screw up this year. I don't know what it is so hard for them to read street numbers, but it has happened all too often.

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I have three UPS deliveries to family that were supposed to be delivered on Dec 20-21 that are in various parts of the country doing nothing. (Including one in CA waiting to be delivered to CA, so not a weather issue, and another that was in CA ready for final delivery to CA and instead got sent to Kentucky for reasons that are known only to UPS).

FedEx is hardly alone in dropping the ball.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  13. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I only mentioned FedEx because I have two outstanding orders that were supposed to have been delivered on Christmas Eve! The one album from Dusty Groove in Chicago left Chicago on December 20th, sat in Cedar Rapids, Iowa from December 23rd, and then yesterday it seemed that my package was back in Chicago and is now due to be delivered tomorrow!

I'm sure all of the couriers have been having issues... it's just surprising because generally FedEx -- in my experiences -- is pretty reliable.

Surprisingly I also had two orders sent via the USPS and they arrived with no problems or delays!

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

fedex ground guy loves to leave my deliveries on the hood of my car in the driveway. takes a photo and scans as "left at front door". front door is 20' away. i guess he's banking on no one at corporate actually reviewing the new proof of delivery photos?

15. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

You could go down to your local hub (you do have one for sure) with a photo to talk to someone, but that's a lotta trouble...

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah, i could. and i know where it is and who manages it. but as a former fedex employee i don't think that sorta complaining will bode well for my future deliveries.