uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

thank you. there have been so many mergers i lost track of fell under what umbrella

GentleSenator likes this.
  2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

hutlock and Patanoia like this.
  3. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

This is a vinyl version of disc 4 included in the Velvet Underground & Nico 45th Anniversary Box Set. This and the Martix Box are only being sold at uDiscover at retail price. Amazon wants $600 for the Matrix Vinyl Box sold by an alternative seller and some eBay and Discogs sellers want big money also.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    hutlock likes this.
  4. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

For Apple collectors, I think this Billy Preston lp is a sleeper.
    Jump on it for 19 bucks, imho. (With 30%.)

quicksrt, GentleSenator and mrjinks like this.
  5. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

I received my box today, it comes in a separate factory sealed box and is in perfect condition. The vinyl cardboard inserts are not glued very well, all of them were apart. A little glue and a sponge and they are like new again. The vinyl condition is very good.

6. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

I bought two box sets when they had the 40% off sale they were packaged very well. They arrived in only a few days. I would buy again from them.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

I got my Matrix box yesterday. Despite the outer box and the factory box both showing damage, they did their job and the box itself was unharmed.

Mike H. and JorgeGvb like this.
  8. jazzsurfer

jazzsurfer Forum Resident

no sale for Ornette Coleman box.....

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Correct—mentioned upthread. Somewhere (maybe on the uDiscover site itself or in one of their emails for the sale) there was a list posted of all the stuff that was not included in the sale, and that was on it.

I bought a bunch of other stuff and plan to cash in my points to get a nice discount on the Ornette. Seems to be about the only way to get a good deal on it!

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

Between the 30-40% off over the past couple of months and the $143 in points I was able to cash in, it feels like deals like this will never come along again. I hope I'm wrong, because it sure was fun.

I'm still a little shocked, considering how the price and availability of LPs have changed so much recently. It's like they're trying to give this stuff away while the rest of the market has gone the other direction.

dee, Oatsdad, GentleSenator and 4 others like this.
  11. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

With udiscover and sound of vinyl, universal probably still makes more money selling direct than they do selling wholesale to other shops and distributors. I’ve gotten some fantastic deals in sales plus points I’ve accumulated. The matrix box set only cost me $100 after points. The only issues I’ve had have been on preorders for BN titles being oversold and having to wait to get them.

dee, aoxomoxoa, Buggyhair and 2 others like this.
  12. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

Funny you mention the Matrix box. I was going to spend my points on that, and it was still available as of a few days ago. I held out because I was hoping they would restock some things before the sale was over. I went on last night and it was sold out.

I'm still happy with what I got.

Mike H. likes this.
  13. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

If their deals during discount periods like this weren’t so good, I’d never buy from these people again. Their customer service is the absolute worst. They shorted me 4 different albums and have been passing me around in email messages for over a month. Each time it takes about 7-10 days before I get a canned response. Is there a damn phone number anywhere?

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

been there myself. not much you can do. pretty sure all the customer service folks work remotely and cover every single store that ume runs. the last time they jerked me around for a month with weird, passive-aggressive insinuations the damaged album i wanted replaced went out of stock and they finally just refunded me 100% to get me to stop blasting them with angry e-mails.

mrjinks and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I've had no bad experiences over many purchases in the past few years. Everything has arrived complete and on time in great shape. That doesn't discount your problems with them, I just want to let people know it's not all bad news.

Of course, now that I've said that, I've probably jinxed myself.

16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

just order more. lots more. you're nothing if not diamond, baby.

hutlock, aoxomoxoa and superstar19 like this.
  17. FWatty

So right after they give a 40% discount code followed by a site-wide 30% discount followed by damaged/undelivered items that remain unresolved, they send me a 20% discount code that works on none of their items because it "[l]ooks like you didn't reach the minimum order amount to use this discount" (even though I tried everything from $35 to $1,000 in my cart).

:shake:

GentleSenator and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. aoxomoxoa

Any working codes ??:help:

19. FWatty

I had to send something back because it had a brutal deep corner bend. They provided me a shipping label last week and and I promptly packaged it, mailed it back, and informed them of same.

Today they asked me for a tracking number. :shrug:

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

...of which there isn't one! hell, my return labels have been barely legible due to the odd choice to use maximum jpeg compression. you gotta love it.

Matthew Tate and FWatty like this.
  21. FWatty

I'll never order from them again ... until the next sale. :doh:

jmadad, aoxomoxoa, kenbefound and 5 others like this.
  22. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Has anyone ever received the $10 coupon when doing the referral? I sent it to two of my emails and neither has shown up.

23. aoxomoxoa

You have to purchase something from the other account I believe

hutlock likes this.
  24. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Hmm, well, this is the popup i get after "redeeming" it in the account it was sent to

[​IMG]

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I notice I received a couple of "prize wheel spins" for discounts today on both UDiscover and SoundofVinyl (US sites). Are these as rigged as the last prize wheel spins, or are people actually getting decent discounts?