Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

2. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

croquetlawns likes this.
  3. Big Swifty

westcj, Frightwig and croquetlawns like this.
  4. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Box Set likes this.
  5. croquetlawns

Is it some weird algorithm thing? It noticed that there was a huge surge of interest in King Crimson boxes, so it's now offering a few at slightly discounted rates?

6. Big Swifty

I'm putting it down to coincidence and maybe my tendency to focus on KC after the ShopAbroad disappointment!

westcj and croquetlawns like this.
  7. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

Easy-E and croquetlawns like this.
  8. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

Mylene, ispace, Easy-E and 2 others like this.
  9. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

WTF.
    Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

10. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

King Crimson?

Big Swifty likes this.
  11. Aussie pressing

I contacted them via chat.
    Two of my orders were placed in the same shipping box and the box was too big to fit into the Amazon locker so they are returning it.
    No two ways about it. Cannot be redirected to my house or anything, it's going back for a refund.
    This has never happened to me before. Even the person on the chat was puzzled. They said the system should not have let the packer use that size box to ship to a locker.
    It was the Bear Family box, Pilot's Of The Purple Twilight and the Caught Beneath The Landslide box.
    Only the last one is available to order again, but much more expensive.

Total crock if you ask me. Absolute fail on their behalf, and they were absolutely helpless on the chat.

westcj, Big Swifty and croquetlawns like this.
  12. croquetlawns

Well that's a first! What's the point of Amazon lockers then? I hope that they at least gave you some extra store credit for your inconvenience?

westcj likes this.
  13. Big Swifty

14. Eskimo Chain

Eskimo Chain Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed....

Been holding off on this with the reviews etc but that price is half retail so it's worth a shot!

croquetlawns and Big Swifty like this.
  15. Aussie pressing

They offered nothing. They said someone will get in touch today, but that was was clearly just to get rid of me from the chat.
    I told them I was very dissatisfied with the outcome of this, and they said there is nothing they can do.

croquetlawns likes this.
  16. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Did you try the email jeff bezos option or threaten to?

westcj likes this.
  17. croquetlawns

It's things like that which make me think I'll stop using Amazon, but then the next glut of bargains come and....

westcj and scobb like this.
  18. ispace

ispace Senior Member

I'm confused. Both ShopAbroad AND Amazon AU are using the same excuse not to deliver a KC box set?

19. Aussie pressing

My order was for the Bear Family box, Pilot's Of The Purple Twilight and the Caught Beneath The Landslide box.
    Two orderes were placed into the same shipping box, which turned out was too big for the Amazon parcel locker, so the shipping company are returning it to Amazon.

20. Aussie pressing

Also JB HiFi sent me two high priced box sets in Toll Priority thin shipping bags only and no other protection.
    I should have learned my lesson after the last time, but I thought given the low prices over Christmas I'll give them another chance.
    No hope. How in all conciousness can you stick an expensive box set into a thin plastic bag and think it's going to get to the other side of Australia in good condition?
    Seriously. They shouldn't be in the business of online sales if they can't provide basic packing service (bubble wrap or at least pretend like Amazon does with the scrunched up paper).

Jimmy Agates, ispace and westcj like this.
  21. Aussie pressing

It does seriously make me think that maybe my collection is pretty adequate and I should give up buying online.
    Save up a bit and get things locally from a bricks and mortar. My collection won't be expanding at such a rapid rate, but at least I won't be scratching my head where to store it all, won't have to hide things from the other half, and I will have items in pristine condition (or close to it).

iloveguitars, siveld, Easy-E and 5 others like this.
  22. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Good point, I still feel a little guilty buying from a corporation like Amazon, I always feel better when I buy something from my local record shop

23. croquetlawns

My wife bought a new iPad Pro from JB HiFi and I was really worrying about the packaging. It arrived yesterday in its Apple box inside another outer box. If they can take this much care for some products, it's annoying that they can't do it for everything!

Aussie pressing, ispace and westcj like this.
  24. Big Swifty

Take some time out from purchasing, Aussie. Do some listening and appreciating, get your teeth into a band or a genre, save some money.

In a few months the stock will have renewed, there will be new bargains and you'll feel refreshed and ready to rock!

25. croquetlawns

Agreed - sometimes it's nice to just listen to and appreciate what you have for awhile. Currently I'm so busy getting through all of the new music I've purchased (those 30+ CD classical music box sets kill me!) that I rarely listen to the 1000s I already have, which is a bit stupid really!

ispace and siveld like this.