Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by omikron, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

An interesting look at Episode 1:

ssmith3046 likes this.
  2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I liked episode one and I'll be watching episode two tonight.

Shawn likes this.
  3. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account Thread Starter

Boba sure is Tripping The Live Fettastic in ep 2.

polchik, Nightfly68 and fuzzface like this.
  4. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Loved ep 2

polchik and Shawn like this.
  5. CantonJester

CantonJester Lost faces say we adore you…

That was a great episode.

When can we talk about it? :wave:

omikron likes this.
  6. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I believe somebody said something about the Hutts would have to get involved and the fact that they hadn't was bothering them?

Almost like this show is a slow burn. How about that?

:shh:

Also, shoutout to Camie and Fixer from the deleted scenes of Episode IV!?

Just a small little moment for fans to do their best Leonardo DiCaprio Pointing impression.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  7. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I just wanna know when will we get a show where a character joins up with the Jawas so we can learn their ways as well? Is an R5-D4 spinoff in the cards? "He may have had a bad motivator, but damn did he give it his all to save the galaxy..."

polchik and omikron like this.
  8. Liked episode 1, LOVED episode 2!

MikeInFla, SRC and CantonJester like this.
  9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Oh. That one went over my head. I wondered who those people were.

Leviethan and omikron like this.
  10. BeatleJWOL

I would have missed it without subtitles, but the subtitles mentioned "Camie" and a single brain cell went *ping* :laugh: Confirmed the other person with Wookiepedia.

omikron and Daniel Plainview like this.
  11. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

There was a (non-canon) Star Wars Tales comic called “Skippy, the Jedi Droid,” in which R5-D4 (aka “Skippy”) was Force-sensitive inasmuch as he could see into the future, and he saw a future in which R2-D2 didn’t connect up with Luke, and the whole Galaxy went to hell, so Skippy deliberately sprung his motivator to ensure the “right” future happened.

12. BeatleJWOL

See, everybody who's like "doh ho ho wouldn't it be funny if [insert background character here] gets a show" was not paying attention to any of the Expanded Universe stuff from the 1990s. Case in point:
    The guy in the BACKGROUND carrying a REAL LIFE ICE CREAM MAKER in The Empire Strikes Back has a backstory.

And now that real life ice cream maker has made an onscreen CANON appearance in the Mandalorian.
    [​IMG] The Mandalorian episode 3 answers one of Star Wars fans’ oldest questions

And no, it's not a coincidence or an accident.

omikron likes this.
  13. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

There were containers like that in the loot from the train in this weeks episode, too.

omikron and BeatleJWOL like this.
  14. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Ep.2 was..."fun" but like with Mando, there is a terrible lack of dialogue, plot and strong actors. Perhaps because this was done for the Disney Plus they took the decision to write it for 8 year olds. It's basic comic book fun from that perspective but it's very far removed from the SW movies in terms of its depth.

robertawillisjr, ex_mixer and omikron like this.
  15. omikron

Just use spoilers!

How can baldy Boba not get burned up to a crisp in those Tatooine twin suns for days on end?

CoachD likes this.
  16. omikron

Well, he was with a tribe of Sand People for most of the episode. There was plenty of "dialogue" just not anything we are used to.

Not sure a story about assassins is going to be for 8 year olds?

Something I'm noticing is each episode of Mando just like with what appears to be Boba is essentially an homage to old film. One episode is a train robbery. One episode is a stagecoach hijacking. One episode is a shootout in a cantina, one episode is like an old samurai film, etc. Boba might be shaping up to be like a sheriff in a corrupt town kind of figure. It's all like old west stuff, just with modern weapons and features. I find that I am enjoying that aspect of the show far more than I would dialogue. It's a nice, stylized homage to these old film themes.

17. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Interesting episode. Man that was an evil looking Wookie!

18. BeatleJWOL

A transplant from some of the 2010s Marvel comic stories. This fearsome lookin' fella has a history with Obi-Wan as well as Boba Fett.

Black Krrsantan | Wookieepedia | Fandom

Dayfold, DeeThomaz, MikeInFla and 2 others like this.
  19. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

The design of the "long speeder" in episode 2 had me thinking about Supertrain (1979).

kouzie, Shawn and CantonJester like this.
  20. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Yes, like Mandalorian, it's all very similar to the lightweight TV western series of the 70s like Kung Fu and Alias Smith & Jones (which I loved at the time). At least Kung Fu brought in a bit of philosophy.
    It's just that I expect better scripts, dialogue and actors in the SW universe. The upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series with Ewan McGregor sounds more promising.

ianuaditis and omikron like this.
  21. BeatleJWOL

From the universe that famously brought you a young Darth Vader talking about how much he hates sand, no less. :D

omikron likes this.
  22. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

OK, a detail but there was all the rest.

ianuaditis and omikron like this.
  23. BeatleJWOL

You're not wrong, just appreciating the irony :D

omikron likes this.
  24. CantonJester

I’m sorry, but there is absolutely no depth in IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, & IX. Even Solo lacked it. Rogue One was OK. The Prequels were OK with it, but then you also had to deal with almost an hour of 8 year old Anakin Skywalker in that tradeoff.

So, as you put it: comic book fun. So what?

misterbozz and Shawn like this.
  25. CantonJester

I wanted to throw my shoe at the TV when Luke Skywalker saved the day at the end of season 2 of the Mandalorian.

The problem with what you wish for is what the Star Trek franchise has been trying to get away from. Better scripts means less $. That’s the driver behind the whole Kelvin Timeline.