Hendrix - Electric Lady Studios Box Set - MONTH DAY, 202?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Jan 4, 2022.

1. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

I do like the latter stuff so this will be interesting, even more if it's by Bernie Grundman.

Wouldn't mind having the Dagger stuff re released too.

Judge Judy likes this.
  2. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Looks like not. There's a WHOLE thread about the slight differences. And they are slight, but numerous

Hendrix "Steppin' Stone"--TWO Buddy Miles mixes!!

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Yes, I am sure the Board Of Directors at Amazon decided this Hendrix release is going to make so much money that out of the millions of products it lists every week they picked a Jimi Hendrix box to take the time to list and then remove.

Or…someone from the record company that is responsible for sending the Amazon data (probably in a batch file dump with other titles so easy to miss), made a mistake and sent it before Sony wanted it sent out.

Which do you think is more plausible?

Classicrock, ARK, pscreed and 13 others like this.
  4. Experiencereunited

Experiencereunited Forum Resident

Thanks I see the breakdown between the original 45 and Voodoo Child discussed. Ut I dont see a comparison between the original 45 and the 45 on the singles boxset (which is advertised as the original single mix in the box). I may have to compare prof stoned and the 45 singles box mixes myself. Unless I missed something in the other thread.

5. A Local Bloke

A Local Bloke Forum President

I. Can't. Wait. For. The. Announcement.

6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I think many of those photos are B&W and EH want some a bit flashy. I thought only the couple Kramer photos of Jimi were it of him actually working at ELL, don't think he did any photo session in there.

7. Swansong

Swansong From Planet Earth

Even BLURAY.COM had an announcement a couple of days ago, and they are connected to Amazon, now it's gone as well. Acoustic Sound are the ones who press all the Hendrix vinyl, and they haven't posted anything yet either. I think Amazon just jumped the gun by mistake, and I don't buy into the whole conspiracy of an intentional jump for sales, it was just a mistake. After all, Amazon is run by humans, and all humans are flawed, one way or another.

frightwigwam likes this.
  8. John Harchar

I have the Prof. Stoned one as well, at least we know for sure that one is the original single mix. Considering the threads were 2008 and later, I have to think they’re the same as the Voodoo Child ones and used the OSM designation to let people know these aren’t the ones from War Heroes. But maybe they slipped by us.

9. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

Nice way to start off 2022. Run time supposedly is under six hours. Wow.

Hep Alien, Pesus, DTK and 1 other person like this.
  10. dryjoy

dryjoy Brother In Sound

I think there are very few shots of Hendrix working in the studio in 1970, leaving little option but to fill it out with live shots of the era.

ARK, DTK and Smokin Chains like this.
  11. I’ve worked out the 3cds/5 lps should come to around 3 1/2 hours which leaves 2 1/2 hours for the Bluray.

12. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

Oh no, no no! It was very .u h a fact that the folk at the very top of Amazon were requested by the folk at the very top of EH and Sony to put this up for a short while for no other reason than to tease the Hendrix members of this thread. No question.

Acoustic Sounds in the US. Not in tbe EU. This is a general release not licenced to AP/AS/QRP.

The announcement can and seemingly has come from one of the global sellers. Not for the first time either.

Swansong likes this.
  13. sleeptowin

sleeptowin Forum Resident

this box set makes a lot more sense than the last 3 studio albums.
    im looking forward to seeing what has and hasnt been released already.

Hep Alien, andrewskyDE, DTK and 3 others like this.
  14. jymy

jymy Senior Member

Probably Blu-ray: 20 tracks @75min., x 2 resolutions (highres? 2.0, 5.1?) = 150min. / 2 1/2 hrs

Alan57 likes this.
  15. Aren't they all still available from the Hendrix website? I ordered the one I was missing this past summer.

905 likes this.
  16. Poke

Poke Forum Resident

They have let some of the releases go out of stock/out of print at times.

Brett44 and E.Baba like this.
  17. Pesus

Pesus Forum Resident

amazing! McDermott finally pulled his head out of his proverbial;)

ranasakawa likes this.
  18. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

I think there's like 3 b&w photos from Electric Lady - two of Jimi at the mixing desk with Kramer and one of his doing a vocal overdub.

19. John Harchar

I just looked yesterday out of curiosity, didn't see Burning Desire.

E.Baba likes this.
  20. Pesus

Pesus Forum Resident

Pretty excited for this release especially the 6/24/1970 medley as first read in McDermott’s Sessions book. Hoping the vinyl is complete and matches the cd track list. Cheers fellow Hendrix lover men(and women)!

21. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

How are you all seeing track listing, etc?

22. John Harchar

It's on post #23 on this thread, at least the one that was up on Amazon before it was pulled.

ARK and Natural E like this.
  23. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Just had a look thanks. Just after the Baggy's, which isn't there.
    Would like them more widely available too. Last time I ordered anything from EH is was a complete ****fight that took most of a year, or 18 months, depending on how you count it, to finalise. Not to mention no factual USPS First Class to AU these days.

Thus if this new box appears I'll not be getting it direct from EH. Don't ever want to deal with them again!

24. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

The general description of the Electric Lady session work sounded pretty tantalizing in McDermott's book and that is why a number of fans have been clamoring for this kind of collection for years. Let's hope when the official announcement comes down and the details behind the track listing are revealed, that this collection lives up to its potential.

Pesus, Hep Alien, Natural E and 2 others like this.
  25. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

I keep hoping for a vinyl release of "Baggy's Rehearsals". I dumped all of my Hendrix CD's a few years ago, replacing them with vinyl because the CD's were too poorly mastered for my liking, I've never regretted doing this but I do miss hearing the Baggy's stuff.

E.Baba likes this.