Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by omikron, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

That scene is a good example of how weak the script for Mandalorian was. The gang of heroes watch a cloaked figure eliminate hoards of killer robots with a light sabre and the Force. When the mysterious warrior gets to the bridge of the vessel, Mandalorian says "Are you a Jedi?". :rolleyes::doh:

2. CantonJester

CantonJester Lost faces say we adore you…

Yeah, we should have a drink together. :laugh:

Purple Jim likes this.
  3. CantonJester

Also it was sort of hilarious how these super powerful (and expensive) robot warriors charging pods were built into a room that empties out into space should someone break the glass and pull down the airlock switch.

Purple Jim likes this.
  4. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Episode 2 was better, enough to make me want to see how 3 is. And yes, that is one bad-ass wookie.

JohnK

5. Weaviewonder

Weaviewonder Well-Known Member

Well, your wish was granted. 2 Huts appeared in Episode 2.

omikron likes this.
  6. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Very enjoyable episode.

Han solo is going to show up

7. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I've heard that. I would be *very* surprised, though considering the Mandalorian finale...well, we'll just have to see.

That said, in some of the Legends stories, Boba Fett did run into [rumored character] not long after the events of Return Of The Jedi, so anything's possible.

8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

So thankful for spoiler tags as I have no idea what or who you are talking about! If it comes to fruition I'll figure it out. If it doesn't I'll come back and check the thread to see what might have been.

jeffd7030 likes this.
  9. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I'm so glad I phrased it to avoid spoilers :D was worried I wasn't being vague enough.

MikeInFla likes this.
  10. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

really enjoyed the first two/thirds of the episode but it went downhill quick after the lizard appearance

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

god i sure hope not. disney needs to let this stuff evolve.

David Campbell likes this.
  12. Looking for story and script flaws like this in a Star Wars product is like shooting fish in a barrel. I just accept the show for what it is, flaws and all, and have some fun with it.

superstar19, jeffd7030, Shawn and 4 others like this.
  13. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I enjoy this and the Mandolorian. I am not the biggest Star Wars fan. In fact, I'd say I hate a good 50% of their films. Probably even more than that. That said, these television programs are decent entertainment. I watched the Boba Fett and never once checked my watch. I enjoy the program while I am watching it. I don't care enough to reflect upon it afterwards or look for flaws. It distracted me for 45 minutes and that's all I'm really asking for.

I think I'm finding I enjoy these shows more when there are no jedi involved. I'm all for Order 66.

14. Michel_LeGrisbi

Michel_LeGrisbi Far-Gone Accumulator ™

Having a hard time staying interested in this show, tbh

15. jvc444

jvc444 Are you a 1099er?

So does anyone know where on the Stars Wars timeline does Boba Fett take place?

16. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

In the years after Return of the Jedi, many years before The Force Awakens

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  17. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

Specifically. the Tusken Raider flashback sequences are set not long after Return of the Jedi, while the Jabba’s Palace sequences are set a few years later, following Season 2 of The Mandalorian.

Shawn, Robert C and BeatleJWOL like this.
  18. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

The 2nd episode had a decent pace and showed how the Sand People can be violent warriors. This is what Obi Wan meant. We'll likely see more of them in action.

Shawn and MikeInFla like this.
  19. CantonJester

A lot to unpack here in E3: The Streets of Mos Espa.

I need to stew a bit on it. First thoughts: his new eyes-on-the-street toughs he hires smacks of a boy band colliding with the Teenage Mutant Turtles, Borg outcasts and scenes from Quadrophenia.

20. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account Thread Starter

I've noticed in the Mandalorian and now in Boba that there is a distinctive lack of conceptualization about what the Force is or that it even exists.

On one hand you have to remember that the Jedi were "all but extinct" for years and no one would have seen or heard of such things, particularly in the outer rim.

On the flip side, you'd think the galactic news wires would have been blasting the exploits of Luke Skywalker all over the place after blowing up Death Stars and helping kill Emperors. AND surely Darth Vader's shenanigans would have been fresh in lots of people's minds. AND if Cara Dune was a Rebel shock trooper, all we ever saw in the films were Rebels never missing a chance to say "May The Force Be With You" to each other. Were they never taught what that meant?

So should Mando really have known what the Force was and what it did? Maybe but it seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

21. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Sheesh, talk about slow ....... three episodes in, and ........ can somebody wake up, please, when the story actually starts ?

22. omikron

Fun thoughts on Ep 3. . .

Telly Savalas could have done this show 60 years ago with time warping in a bunch of Pee-Wee Herman bikes.

23. omikron

I felt those characters and that chase scene smacked of prequel movie writing and scenery. Totally lame.

What is happening to Boba Fett? He's becoming a softie! Why isn't he out collecting bounties and vaporizing people standing in his way?

24. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Watched the first two eps. Very snoozy imo. Boba's just not a very interesting character to me. Now Ming-Na Wen...there's someone I'd watch reading a newspaper :love:

Anthrax, GrahamBW and omikron like this.
  25. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

Stephen Root!

Leviethan, GeetarFreek and ssmith3046 like this.