Rough Trade Sale coming May 21 ...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DapperGentleman, May 18, 2021.

1. TxRangersFan

TxRangersFan Senior Member

Wow! Thanks, I think. :rolleyes: just ordered up this bunch, most of them at 50% off.

A Sense of Place, John Mayall
    Wide Open, Michael McDonald
    Wouldn't It Be Great, Loretta Lynn
    Mad Lad: A Live Tribute to Chuck Berry, Ronnie Wood and His Wild Five
    First Rose of Spring, Willie Nelson
    Population: Me, Dwight Yoakam
    Dreamcatcher, Lee Ritenour
    Mr. Wonderful, Fleetwood Mac
    Young Shakespeare, Neil Young
    Oddities & Extras, The Zombies
    Free Up, The Surprise Package
    Voyage, ABBA

mur likes this.
  2. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

Not sure if it was mentioned, but the Super Deluxe of Abbey Road (3cd, Book, Blu Ray) is $55. Picked it up last night with Live at the Ryman by Margo Price (excellent live album!)

*edit* Abbey Road sold out, went to check

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    GentleSenator likes this.
  3. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Starting to feel like Deep Discount. Now getting separate cancellation notices. Ferrer and Brubeck denied!

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm seeing widespread news of this. so far they only canceled one item from my >$200 order. i would have definitely spent more than that had things not kept going OOS while i was still loading my cart.

i'll say it again: their website is terrible. i'm sure that's part of this.

hutlock and ATMP like this.
  5. The Vinyl Lover

The Vinyl Lover Forum Resident

Three items cancelled out of 10. And it keeps going, the first item was cancelled two days ago, the second yesterday and I just received a cancellation notice for the third. Buying from Rough Trade has always been a somewhat disappointing experience, looks like this time things will not change.

6. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident Thread Starter

My experience has been a little better than most (so far). I placed 8 different orders, because I remember the shopping cart problems from past sales. As soon as I reached free shipping I completed that order and checked out before continuing to shop.

And, remember, I posted the sale here the day before Rough Trade went public with it, so it was easy to shop at a leisurely pace that first day.

So far, of the 8 orders I placed, only 2 show 'shipped', and they were shipped in their entirety (23 items total). However, the USPS tracking information supplied is not updated to show any actual shipment started yet.

Of the remaining 6 orders I placed, I've been advised of 2 cancelled items (weird titles too, not popular ones).

Rough Trade does not seem to be going in any kind of 'first-come, first-served' order. My earliest order has not been shipped yet, for example, and it contains popular titles. I guess I'm worried about that one most.

samwisefan and GentleSenator like this.
  7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, I only placed two orders of around 10-12 items each. I’ve had 2 things officially cancelled so far, The Specials’ Ghost Town RSD 12” and Donnie & Joe Emerson’s Dreamin Wild on blue vinyl (friend of mine and my partner did the liners so I figured I should support the cause LOL).

8. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Bend Sinister deluxe sold out while I was dithering adding other stuff to my cart, but thinking about it I already have most of the bonus stuff anyway so I’ll try not to lose sleep. I added two Disques de Crepuscule CDs, Ghosts of Christmas Past and Virna Lindt, hopefully the unpopularity of CDs means I won’t be on the receiving end of cancellation notices.

9. TxRangersFan

Only 1 of 12 cancelled; Mr. Wonderful, Fleetwood Mac. The rest do not show as shipped yet. Fingers crossed.

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. hutlock

If you haven’t heard Virna Lindt before, you are in for a treat. I have the old single CD version that I got for $3.99 from Deep Discount’s Blowout Bin when the Crepsecule reissue came out. Love it to pieces.

SJP likes this.
  11. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

The orange cover one? Yes, I had that, but it irked me that it messed with the track listing; I think it might have been slightly remixed, too. Still great stuff, obviously! It looks like the 2CD restores “Groom” but shunts it onto disc 2, so still not quite true to the original :/

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    hutlock likes this.
  12. hutlock

That’s the one. I tried to order the Crepescule as well to compare and contrast (and to get the extra singles) but it sold out before I placed the order. Bummed.

13. TxRangersFan

Number 2 of 12 cancelled; Wouldn't It Be Great, Loretta Lynn. The remaining 10 "Will be shipped soon". Fingers still crossed. :winkgrin:

hutlock likes this.
  14. UHLawdog

UHLawdog Forum Resident

I bought some items on Thursday afternoon (the Flowers in the Dirt SDE and a couple of a-ha 2CD reissues).

Since then, I've heard nothing either way - no shipment notice, no cancellation. The website only says "Will be shipped soon by Standard Shipping."

This is my first time to order directly from Rough Trade - is this a normal delay? When should I begin to get concerned? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

15. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

My Super Deluxe Abbey Road was canceled.

16. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

I've also had 2 out of 12 cancelled. Must be a DFW thing :)

First Peggy Lee, "World Broadcast Recordings", now Coltrane, "Blue World". As @DapperGentleman said, they seem to be processing these in a weird order, because the Peggy Lee email advised Coltrane was still shipping. My guess is that they've programmed a Roomba to check for availability as it wanders randomly around the floor of their warehouse.

samwisefan and DapperGentleman like this.
  17. hutlock

It is fairly normal during these giant sales, yeah. I’d say if you don’t hear anything after a week, reach out to them. You can call them during business hours (12-8 Eastern time) and talk to a live human and all that for instant answers.

18. hutlock

Just got a cancellation notice on the Otis Redding Soul Manifesto 12 CD set.

Ouch—that one hurts.

19. TxRangersFan

I just jumped into the lead. :rolleyes: Cancellation #3, Young Shakespeare, Neil Young.

20. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

We’re now tied. Goodbye Coltrane…

21. TxRangersFan

Death by a thousand cuts…

ATMP and Patanoia like this.
  22. UHLawdog

UHLawdog Forum Resident

Thanks for this.

Naturally, I just checked my email and found a cancellation notice for one of the CDs.

The FITD SDE is still allegedly shipping soon.

I almost ordered that Otis Redding set myself, I guess it would’ve been for naught anyway.

hutlock likes this.
  23. The Vinyl Lover

The Vinyl Lover Forum Resident

Cancellation #4 for me today, out of a 10 item order. It’s taken them 5 days so far to check a single order, and I think this is far from being over. Embarrassing to say the least.

Patanoia likes this.
  24. ithinkyracontra

ithinkyracontra Forum Resident

No cancellations here yet, but also no indication that my order has shipped!

25. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

4th Cancellation out of a six item order. Down to the two things I wanted least…

DapperGentleman likes this.