Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Very true!

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  2. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

Bonddm likes this.
  3. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Box Set likes this.
  4. Eskimo Chain

Eskimo Chain Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed....

Has any one been refunded their money from the Shop Abroad King Crimson fiasco!? I still don't seem to have mine and we are now almost a month after the order was placed!!! It was only meant to be 3-5 days

croquetlawns likes this.
  5. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Haven’t logged into Facebook for 4 days for the first time in yonks. My newsfeed used to be full of music stuff, but is now 98.9% Covid and politics!

[​IMG]

westcj, Jimmy Agates and iloveguitars like this.
  6. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

Yep horrendous...and even the ads are all covid....

Bonddm and iloveguitars like this.
  7. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

Last time I got a refund from a 3rd party seller it was really quick. A couple of days. Not sure if they process it or amazon process it.

8. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

So I contacted Amazon Support about the ShopAbroad stuff, and they said they can't see refund messages attached to either order, and are contacting the seller regarding the refund.

In my Orders area both KC boxes still show as shipped, so I think they're being a bit dodgy and not processing the refund yet.

croquetlawns, Easy-E and westcj like this.
  9. ispace

ispace Senior Member

I wonder if they’re using these fake sales as a short term interest free loan?

siveld, westcj and Glam77 like this.
  10. sleeptalker

sleeptalker Forum Resident

Mylene and Easy-E like this.
  11. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Aussie pressing and Frightwig like this.
  12. Big Swifty

13. Big Swifty

Bonddm and Jimmy Agates like this.
  14. Big Swifty

westcj and siveld like this.
  15. Big Swifty

Bonddm and westcj like this.
  16. Eskimo Chain

Eskimo Chain Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed....

I am still trying to sort out the refund for the two King Crimson sets because the sets were apparently sent (yeah right) I was charged but there still had been no refund to my personal account. I asked Amazon about it and they got in touch with Shop Abroad who claim that "Upon checking, it shows that your order has been cancelled and refunded via Amazon." Do we now have to wait to get money back from Amazon? Am I missing something? I don't have a financial account with Amazon and nothing has gone into my personal account or my PayPal account.... This is really starting to piss me off

croquetlawns and westcj like this.
  17. siveld

siveld Forum Resident

I'm still expecting (yeah, right) my cheap Starless box to arrive in February. I have had no correspondence to say it has been cancelled, damaged or returned. It does say that it might be late due to covid blah blah, however. Will wait and see.

18. westcj

I contacted ShopAbroad through Amazon regarding the KC boxset, as I had heard nothing , and got the usual computer generated generic letter

"Thank you for your enquiry at ShopAbroad

We can confirm that your order has been dispatched from our fulfillment warehouse and it is due for delivery by 26 Jan 2022.

If a tracking number becomes available, we will notify you via email.

Our orders are delivered by the local postal service and we have no control over your delivery schedule or customs procedures. For these reasons, we cannot confirm the exact delivery date of your order.

Please rest assured that we have a great track record of delivering tens of thousands of products to customers on time. However, if your order does not arrive by the expected due date, let us know and we will further assist you."

Kind regards
    Madel

Customer Services Team
    ShopAbroad

19. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

Exact same thing as me. I'm going to contact Amazon Support again to say that the orders were not cancelled, nor refunded and that ShopAbroad just saying that over and over isn't good enough.

croquetlawns and westcj like this.
  20. westcj

Now six days without an Amazon purchase - but trouble on the horizon; a CD box set I have been watching for months has now started to gradually drop its price , however it still needs a further 20% price decrease before I swoop!

Mylene, siveld and ispace like this.
  21. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Does anyone know who ShopAbroad actually are? I assume they’re a US or Europe-based dropshipper who hold no stock & just order from wholesalers when orders are received.

westcj likes this.
  22. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

In this down time from bargain shopping I’ve taken the opportunity to do the discogs thing with my vinyl. About half way thru so far.

definitely a few surprises in values. Even some purchased within the last 12 months on Amazon that have skyrocketed to 10x the price.

Easy-E and croquetlawns like this.
  23. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Which ones? I might have some of them too!

24. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

I'm up to 'S' on my CDs on Discogs and I was also shocked at some of the prices - I've told my wife that if I die she needs to check my collection on Discogs before just dumping everything at an Op Shop! :D

westcj, ispace and Glam77 like this.
  25. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

Greta Van Fleet 12” EP. US press.
    Going rate is $200+ now
    Was going for $18 from memory

Easy-E and croquetlawns like this.