Hendrix - Electric Lady Studios Box Set - MONTH DAY, 202?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Jan 4, 2022.

1. dryjoy

dryjoy Brother In Sound

I’m feeling really impatient for more details now!

DTK, Christopher B, 905 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cokelike-

Cokelike- Forum Resident

Jimi packed a lot of work into these last sessions. So it's definitely possible for the majority to be unheard early takes, rejected takes, unheard overdubs, etc.

Although I'm personally hoping that the blu ray is all the familiar CoL, RB stuff newly mixed in stereo and 5.1. There's no need to present unheard stuff in 5.1 before we get the 'finished' stuff in 5.1.

tedhead, Jon-A and bluedemon25 like this.
  3. Cokelike-

Cokelike- Forum Resident

supernaut and All Down The Line like this.
  4. dryjoy

dryjoy Brother In Sound

There’s absolutely loads of potential for it to be all previously unheard material… but will Experience Hendrix be able to resist the urge to throw in some already released recordings across the 3CDs? Personally, I’m feeling somewhat optimistic that falling back to previously released stuff will be kept to a minimum, or even that they may not resort to this at all, but we’ll see!

5. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

No preorders yet?
    Cra Cray.
    Beave@11!

6. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Stars is the mono version and the download version of that didn't sound that good.

7. Vintage1976

Vintage1976 Way Out West

This is a good concept, hopefully the execution is concise. His final studio recordings should have been better cataloged years ago in a set like this.

8. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

You know, I think I’ve purchased every official posthumous Hendrix release since the original Cry Of Love album was released.
    Through imports like Loose Ends and War Heroes, the Douglas years, EH, and the two major box sets.

But I skipped getting People, Hell and Angels and Both Sides of the Sky.

It was a combination of feeling I have plenty of Hendrix releases I can listen to that I don’t get around to, and annoyance with EH for releasing a hodge podge of tracks under the guise of a new Hendrix “album” or whatever .

But, this release looks pretty interesting because it seems like a logical collection of tracks so I guess I’ll have to take the plunge into the Hendrix pool at least one more time. :D

9. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

This forum, encapsulated.

Roberto899, ARK, Judge Judy and 9 others like this.
  10. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

I'm streaming People, Hell, and Angels after not listening to it for years. While not classic or essential, it's a very enjoyable listen.

11. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

Essential for the full 'Power Of Soul' :edthumbs:

supernaut, DTK, Hep Alien and 6 others like this.
  12. John Harchar

As well as Cherokee Mist. PHA doesn’t add anything too major to the essential catalog, but is a good listen except for that one song I beat into the ground.

supernaut, DTK and Hep Alien like this.
  13. Experiencereunited

Experiencereunited Forum Resident

imo those 2 (PHA and BSOS) are both essential more so than some of the other posthumous releases. Certainly better than most of the Dagger releases. But then again I can't get enough live stuff either so I get all of those too even the lesser Sound Quality ones.

I have gotten all the post humous releases as well. The only one I ever really skipped besides compilations and Curtis Knight type stuff was Voodoo Soup. I finally got Voodoo Soup about 25 years after original release and couldn't believe I waited that long to get that one. I really enjoyed it 25 years late and still do for that matter.

Taxman, SteveM, Christopher B and 3 others like this.
  14. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Perhaps the best of those last three studio thingies.

Jimi Bat and DTK like this.
  15. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Well, inspired by this thread, I’m listening to Valleys Of Neptune at the moment.

After doing a quick count, if I listen to a different one of my Hendrix albums or CDs a day, I’ll be finished in around 55 days or so, and I don’t consider myself a Hendrix collector!

With bootlegs, I’m sure some of you people have a couple hundred Hendrix releases. :D

16. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

If my Grateful Dead collection hadn't taken me there already my Hendrix one would have driven me broke.

17. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

For the EH releases mastered by George Marino, I would agree.

hodgo likes this.
  18. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

OK ... so I ordered Dagger Baggy's and threw in Hear My Music while I was there. Now I have notification that Music is shipped. So where is Baggy's? Forgotten about or are they going to cost themselves Priority Post to send it by itself later?

It took 18 months to finalise my last order with EH and I was never going to use them again.

This better not turn into another sh1t fight or I'll be f€king furious.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  19. Experiencereunited

Experiencereunited Forum Resident

The gap between vinyl sound quality and CD sound quality is far more noticeable on the Marino releases. I find the Marino vinyl quite enjoyable while I find the Marino CDs to be horrible for the most part. After Marino the CD/vinyl gap is a less of an issue in fact I usually can live with either format. ELL 50th may be one of the big exceptions there. Havent compared ELL 50th myself but these boards flame out the ELL 50th CD set for sure.

20. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

It’s quite possible it’s not actually available. As I noted when I gave the link, it was only to be found in the AuthenticHendrix shop, not in either of the Dagger shops (US or UK), which is not a good sign. It was the same with Ottawa a while back, which is the only one I’m missing, and it is now gone everywhere, so maybe the Authentic shop is not kept properly updated and lags behind…?

All Down The Line likes this.
  21. The Beave

But Stars is Not supposed to sound good for Heaven’s Sake!
    IT WAS A B SIDE PEOPLE!
    It wasn’t supposed to be hi fidelity.
    And DONT TROW CIGARETTES OUT THE WINDOW!
    BeaVe

DTK likes this.
  22. John Harchar

The Prof Stoned mono sounds beautiful, it CAN be done with the song :)

23. The Beave

I need to hear it on a cd.
    I need to hear everything on cd. The really annoying thing is all this stuff going round the “circles” but you have to download the file…..
    Then you need the software to extract the file……
    Then you need the software program that can burn that file to cd……..
    It’s a PAIN IN THE ASS!
    That’s why I pay bootleggers to do that.
    BeaVe

24. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Which is another black mark and cause for agro if they're taking money for something not available, which is what happened last time. No refund money and no product provided. That is outright theft.

25. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Sounds inauthentic.

E.Baba likes this.