Furutech NCF Clear Line AC Conditioner Owners: Your Results

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jim0830, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident Thread Starter

There is a separate thread Furutech NCF Clear Line AC conditioner where users discussed this $250 device which seems to be too good to be true. There are some reviews in audiophile magazines or web sites but there are no scientific tests of this product ie: double blind A-B tests. The only proof is provided by anecdotal evidence from users have bought the device and actually auditioned it in their systems. Some users, myself include, have heard clearly audible results and have sung its praises. Others have bought the device and heard no difference in their systems. The purpose of this survey thread is to try to quantify the experiences of people who actually bought and tried this product out in their systems.

My intent is this thread not hijack the discussions in the main thread referenced above. Please confine any additional comments here, if any, to general comments like: "It worked or didn't work for me". Reserve additional comments/discussions for the main thread which has more visibility.

Shawn and motorstereo like this.
  2. Jim0830

It had good results for me and I gladly kept it.

George P and motorstereo like this.
  3. motorstereo

motorstereo Forum Resident

Mine continues to work well for me.

4. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

I've only had mine for a few days and have done some back and forth testing. It definitely does something in my system, everything seems a little enhanced including surface noise on LPs. I've also compared it to the Shunyata Defender which made my system seem a little darker (and I'm not talking about the background being blacker). The Furutech is like sprinkling a little pixie dust over the music. When I tried them both together it seemed like the Defender was cancelling out part of the sparkle from the Furutech. I'm going to continue playing with them a little, but right now I'm planning to keep the Furutech and probably sell the Defender.

jeff kleinberg and Lonson like this.
  5. Audiofan1

Audiofan1 Forum Resident

Wow so it's come to this! Ok I'll play along just this once. has anyone got a second one yet since we know what one can do?

drmoss_ca likes this.
  6. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

This is what it's like for me, I have one plugged into a 4-way hospital grade outlet that feeds most of my system.
    The result has been very positive.

bajaed and jonwoody like this.
  7. Hanks3

Hanks3 Forum Resident

I picked one up today, and it's been running for about an hour and I'm impressed. Increased depth, tonality, weight, and focus apparent so far.

jgrillo, Jim0830 and bajaed like this.
  8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

18 positives, and no troll yet. ;)

jonwoody, George P and oboogie like this.
  9. Jim0830

Ssshh. There is strength in numbers. :)

Lonson likes this.
  10. Tony C.

Tony C. Forum Resident

It would be of special benefit to members if you also would take the time to do a blind ABX test switching from one to the other. :D

vwestlife likes this.
  11. motorstereo

Probably not going to happen as I'm satisfied with my previous testing results. My plans now are for using them on the dedicated circuits for my amps. If I gain something there will be another one on the way. If not I plan on keeping the first one where it is now in the front end circuit and adding the 2nd one to a spare outlet on the back of my preamp. Switching both of them on and off simultaneously for a+b testing would not be easy.

jonwoody likes this.
  12. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

It wouldn't help this thread as we'll just drop into the 'it can't be discussed' methodology of ABX testing.

Someone will either, give it a chance to see what it does or they won't bother and a post about ABX, shouldn't alter that stance.

13. Larry Seinfeld

Larry Seinfeld Forum Resident

I heard positive results with this device and I am using it in my system.

jonwoody and Lonson like this.
  14. Jim0830

Glad to hear it, more importantly glad you hear it.

15. Tony C.

Tony C. Forum Resident

Apologies! I apparently should have included a /sarc ;)

jonwoody and Pastafarian like this.
  16. Oliver Meyer

Oliver Meyer In Audio Heaven Up Here

Where are you purchasing this from. I’m not familiar with the websites I’ve found so far. Also does this have to be put in the outlet that shares with my power strip or does it have to go in the power strip. I don’t currently have any open spots so really the outlet is my only option.

17. harby

harby Forum Resident

But yet you are correct. This is like a poll on the healing power of crystals on some echo chamber mommy board. You've got essential oil marketeers to hit the button for their product, the only people buying are ones that believe the hokum could work, and anyone that would do an honest evaluation with rigorous methodology staying far away.

Then the unscientific "listening" myth spreads like a green circle drawn on the edge of a CD (which is preposterous nonsense to anyone who understands how CD's EFM encoding controls the low frequency bandwith); a miracle cure to those who's ears are "better" than the expertise that could have designed it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    doctor fuse, vwestlife and missan like this.
  18. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

Well, never tried it, so can't vote (or troll) :) but from another angle, $249 sticker and looking at it makes me wonder how much that thing *truly* cost to make :).

But if it really is a $249 magic wand that makes your system "sound better" heck maybe it's under-priced. I dunno.

Soundgarden likes this.
  19. Lonson

Audiophile pricing is not necessarily tied to manufacturing cost, but then many other items aren't either--I worked a few years in the eyeglass industry and 300 t0 400 percent markup on items they purchased were passed on to customers, and the suppliers certainly marked up items to our stores and labs.

As far as audiophile items go this is hardly among the most expensive, and I am sure it is carefully priced to tempt audiophiles to try one out.

jonwoody likes this.
  20. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

I'd agree with that, kind of making that point too above... many spend much more in attempts for small improvements.

21. Lonson

It's their/our money. Some people spend money on alcohol-seems sillier to me than on small audio improvements but I like to live and let live.

22. motorstereo

Inflation has hit these things pretty hard to. I paid $214 in November for my first one and now $250 seems to be the norm. Being a repeat customer I asked my vendor for a better price and sure enough he gave me the same $214 price on my 2nd one even though he's also up to $250. And just like the first one the 2nd one has also gotten lost in transport. Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow

jonwoody likes this.
  23. Hanks3

Hanks3 Forum Resident

Tweek Geek.

It can go in either the strip or outlet on the same circuit. The results are different with both.

motorstereo and Oliver Meyer like this.
  24. Oliver Meyer

Oliver Meyer In Audio Heaven Up Here

Thank you

25. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

I got mine from Alfred Kainz at High End Electronics, he advertises on Audiogon great guy.

Oliver Meyer likes this.