Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by omikron, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I felt like this week's episode was Crocodile Dundee 2 crossed with Dr. Doolittle. Least engaging of the three episodes so far. Wasn't impressed by Turbo, Ozone, and the mean street posse.

2. CantonJester

CantonJester Lost faces say we adore you…

The Pyke Syndicate should mean things get interesting, and hey, why not introduce a 20-something Omega Fett?

Robert C likes this.
  3. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I've liked all three episodes. For me it's a turn your brain off and watch the show.

BobbyG, omikron, Robert C and 4 others like this.
  4. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

Episode 3 was lotsa fun, BUT

the color coordinated space moped gang was DUMB

Plan9, Purple Jim, BGLeduc and 6 others like this.
  5. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

Right? Shades of Scooter Mirrors from QUADROPHENIA.

LOL.

6. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Episode 3 was the most enjoyable so far for me.

7. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Agreed. The problem is that when they attempted just that with TLJ, roughly half of the online Star Wars fandom threw a collective coniption fit.

So I expect a lot of OT fan service sprinkled in for the foreseeable future.

8. David Campbell

She's aging like fine wine. I can't believe she's 58!

MikeInFla likes this.
  9. David Campbell

I've enjoyed this so far. A little slow and shakey to start but its starting to pick up steam.

The thing is I've never been one of those star wars fans who thought Boba Fett was that great of a character. Just a cool looking living action figure. His stint on the Mandalorian and this is attempting to make him more than just a mysterious bad ass in cool armor and I welcome it. He's still far from my favorite character but at least he's actually becoming an actual character.

superstar19, omikron and MikeInFla like this.
  10. I’m really enjoying the show too but agree about the moped gang. When it was first mentioned they swapped out body parts for mechanical/robot parts I was expecting Terminator-type baddies but this crew looks straight out of Lost Boys. And no, that’s not a compliment.

omikron, Leviethan and GeetarFreek like this.
  11. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Agree with the sentiments about the moped gang. They aren't interesting, and the flashy colors (and random "droid" parts they added to themselves) seem out of place on Tattooine. They seem like the Power Rangers, and mostly inserted into the story in order to be toys that can be sold later down the road.

Kind of like the Porgs, those silly bird things on that island that Luke Skywalker banished himself to for years.

12. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I got serious Back To The Future vibes with that chase scene. It even ended with a vehicle filling up with debris, reminiscent of BTTF. The street gang have a very retro 80's look too!

MarkO, Vidiot, omikron and 3 others like this.
  13. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Agreed.

I also don’t think much of Rodriguez as a director for this series. His action scenes in episodes 1 and 3 were clichéd and boring. I kinda get that he’s trying to emulate some of that “fun” of Star Wars, but he totally misses the mark.

I got the BTTF vibe, but, Why?

JohnK

Vidiot likes this.
  14. ssmith3046

It was DUMB, that's why I turn off my brain when the show starts and just ride along. The most important thing though is to be sure and switch the brain back on when the show is over. :)

Pete Puma likes this.
  15. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

How does everyone like Darth Wookie ?

Pete Puma, omikron, Leviethan and 2 others like this.
  16. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Very cool to have a comics character pop up in live action. I don't think we've seen the last of him.

17. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

You say that like it’s a bad thing…

18. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account Thread Starter

More deep lore was the mention of the Dathomir Witches which reminded me of this goofy book from the 90s. The Courtship of Princess Leia | Wookieepedia | Fandom

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  19. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

One of my favorite EU novels. Plus it's bringing more Clone Wars stuff into live action, as we saw them as the Nightsisters there.

omikron likes this.
  20. jvc444

jvc444 Are you a 1099er?

Why did they focus on the sand people? I thought Anakin slaughtered them all.

21. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

It's a big planet.

The ones we saw in this series are also not the only group of them across Tatooine.

Shawn likes this.
  22. ssmith3046

I liked him, or her? And it was left alive to return.

omikron and MikeInFla like this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

24. jvc444

jvc444 Are you a 1099er?

I don't see the point to make them look more civilized. That's not how they are supposed to be.

25. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

You mean they're just supposed to be savage natives that don't do anything but cause trouble for our heroes? Gosh, where have we seen that before? :shh:

GentleSenator likes this.