What's Going On At Schiit Audio?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by parman, Jan 13, 2022.

1. parman

parman Music Junkie Thread Starter

Placed an order about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Sent them 2 emails and all I got was crickets. Stopped my order today. Anybody have any info?

2. JakeMcD

JakeMcD Forum Resident

Assist Karma and give 'em a call. I received a series of e-mail replies last week. They were very helpful.

3. patrickd

patrickd Forum Resident

Had an issue with an order in December. They took good care of me but my original two emails never received a reply. Then, my third one, explaining the problem again and the tests I'd done, having exhausted their FAQs and tried other possible solutions seemed to trigger an immediate response and quick resolution, even getting a reply on Dec 25th. If your concern is slow delivery, it may be one of the products they mention needing 6-8 weeks to deliver and I would not expect to hear much from them until it has shipped. If it is something that should have shipped already, you might have to keep trying, they do say email is the best way to reach them but like you I've experienced slow reply cycles too.

4. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

It could always be the effect of the Omicron Covid surge, it's having an impact everywhere.

marcb, Rich-n-Roll, wgb113 and 9 others like this.
  5. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

Lots of sickness and snow going around recently. I wouldn't be surprised if half the company has been out of the office over the last month.

6. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

Plus Schiit at times has a rep for not being the most responsive company in good times :) but as others said, be patient I'm fairly certain you aren't going to end up shafted. :)

7. Davey

Davey NP: Vanishing Twin ~ Life Drummer (2024)

Sounds like the OP already cancelled the order, so advice to be patient may not be what he's after :)

Shawn, parman and TarnishedEars like this.
  8. gakerty

gakerty Forum Resident

I order a Lokius early last week and received it yesterday, so I suppose it depends. I also emailed them a question yesterday about whether the Lokius input / outputs are truly balanced (they are) and heard back this morning.

timind, molinari and Boltman92124 like this.
  9. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

LOL I see that now... yeah I missed that.... guilty of gathering too much from title and first sentence.

Besides, be patient is always good advice - in this case be more patient next time!

TarnishedEars likes this.
  10. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

This pandemic has been a disruptive factor throughout the supply chain and Schiit Audio has not been excluded from that disruption. One of the companies in Japan that was supplying them with DAC chips burned down.
    Schiit has also moved some of the smaller product assembly, etc. to Texas. In fact, Schiit was in the process of moving some of that production during the February 13–17, 2021 storm. And of course COVID.

I mean if you really want to know and understand what's going on at Schiit Audio, you have some options:

1. Subscribe to the forum on head-fi.org and follow Jason Stoddard's thread: Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Very long thread but you'll have idea about what's going on, what's in the works and what may be holding up production and order fulfillment at Schiit Audio.

2. Ditto if you're on Facebook, you can follow Jason's livestream Q&A : https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/vid...he-year-virtual-schiitr-meet/732004354076896/

Jason posts to his head-fi thread regularly, including when the next video will be hosted on FB. Videos get posted on FB approximately once a month.

11. Roger P

Roger P Forum Resident

Ordered a Freya middle Dec got it like a week later

Had a couple small issues emails were answered within coup!e of days

The covid is hitting hard right now, I have guys out left and right and running around trying to keep the peace on projects.

Instant Dharma likes this.
  12. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

I got my Lokius pretty quickly too, although all they had in stock was black..which was fine by me.

addicted2 likes this.
  13. Johnny YesNo

Johnny YesNo Forum Resident

Same here, I ordered a Freya+ in December and it arrived within the same week. I even emailed them to change the delivery location right before New Year's Day since I was out of town and they did that quickly for me.

krambigmac and addicted2 like this.
  14. DJSpinner

DJSpinner Forum Resident

Three weeks for any product nowadays seems overly optimistic, not just from a smaller/independent operation, but for chains and corporations. A form email back ("we're working on your order") would be nice though.

That said, I've only had positive delivery and communication history with my multiple Schiit purchases.

15. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Perhaps but a company that doesn't even generate an auto-reply indicating there might be delays due to this is quite unprofessional.

johnny q likes this.
  16. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

Before ordering at checkout on their site they provide you with a shipping window.

17. holden4th

holden4th Forum Resident

I ordered an Asgard 3 early December and after Schiit initially telling me that there might be a 6-8 week delay it was shipped after 3 weeks. Unfortunately it was faulty and I contacted Schiit who gave me instructions as to how I should return it. As soon as they sighted the return details from me they immediately sent a replacement which I will pick up today. Considering that this all happened over the festive season and in the midst of staff shortages this is very good service. I just hope that the replacement is in working order.

18. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

Under current circumstance and considering the size of the company, the audio niche the company is targeting and fast growth and expansion, Schiit Audio is probably doing very well.

Jason wears many hat's, first and foremost as an engineer working and designing new product ideas and dealing with day-to-day challenges of running a business. I have a sneaky suspicion that Jason stood up and maintains Schiit Audio's website.
    For one thing, it doesn't look like the company website is being hosted with a hosting service and the website itself needs some maintenance in terms of form and function. Including a feature on the website to auto-generate email responses, is probably a very low priority on Jason's plate. A phone call directly to Schiit Audio will generally be faster and be more productive. In general, the level of customer service is quite good considering.

As one major audio industry manufacturer in the U.K. responded to the question: why they didn't have a large dealership presence in the United States, --American audio consumers are too impatient.

Schiit Audio offers good audio products and good value. As the saying goes: The longer you wait for something, the more you appreciate it when you get it, because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for.

19. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

In addition to the now normal covid ups and downs, Schiit are now making product at a new site in Texas in addition to their original California location. For a smaller company that kind of change can put a crimp in the works for awhile.

gabbleratchet7 likes this.
  20. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I've bought a lot of Schiit over the last few years, couldn't resist, and I've never had a problem with the equipment or customer service. The supply chain slowdown has hit them like everyone else. I'll keep buying from them.

21. addicted2

addicted2 Well-Known Member

same here. i ordered a freya in october and a bifrost in nov and got them pretty quickly and had some email exchanges promptly answered. patience OP my friend, lots of people are out sick. myself included.

billnunan likes this.
  22. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Forum Resident

Took me several months to get my recently received Lokius but I understand, nearly everyone is having some supply issues or people issues

23. parman

parman Music Junkie Thread Starter

All this talk about supply chain, small company, be patient, etc, etc, etc are fine and true but when I place an order I expect to at least recieve a conformation that they have recieved my order. I have had good and fast results from them in the past so it makes this more strange to me.

Rolltide, bootbox and Joseph.McClure like this.
  24. StimpyWan

StimpyWan Forum Resident

Each and every product, on the Schiit website, has a break down of it's approximate ship date. Some are as short as 1-3 days, while others are 6-8 weeks. Most of the small chassis gear, now built in Texas, seems to be in better shape, and mostly in stock. It's the medium sized and larger sized pieces, that are experiencing slow downs due to PC board shortages, and chassis shortages. Most of these shortages are Covid related, as Jason has explained on his Head-Fi thread. That doesn't explain the lack of email correspondence. But, Schiit is a small company, with excellent product, and they deserve a little patience. ;)

ssmith3046 likes this.
  25. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

When you logged back into your account page on the Schiit website, did it show your new order? I have received an order confirmation email promptly following all three orders I have done with them. So something definitely went wrong. Order processing and confirmation are surely automated and not slowed down by staffing issues.