What's Going On At Schiit Audio?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by parman, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

I believe others here have pointed out relevant issues. We're still in a pandemic. Companies have to deal with staffing issues, employees getting sick for various reasons. Automated response systems don't always do what they're supposed to do.
    Do you have a problem picking up a phone and calling them? Seems like the most logical way to get your answer. Complaining on a forum because you didn't get an order confirmation response isn't productive because no one here is in a position to help you.

wgb113 and morinix like this.
  2. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I have been off for the week. I hope the guys at work are ok. Its difficult.

3. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

Not strange, IMO. I think it just means that Schiit is not perfect. The internet and specialty discussion forums amplify a hundredfold every single mistake a company makes. Read product discussion forums long enough and someone might come to the conclusion that every company is heartless/stupid/unresponsive/etc., when in fact most companies are precisely the opposite.

Then again, I've had the misfortune to read a few rather choice customer inquiries that were sent to a couple of different audio distributors in Canada. Most such customer emails and voicemails are perfectly reasonable, but a few are fundamentally stupid or grossly discourteous or absurdly demanding or just arrogant. I wouldn't answer those ones, but customer service reps still have to from time to time. Some such inquiries are never answered.

I think that thread titles like "What's Going On At Schiit Audio" read more like click-bait than any attempt at positive inquiry.

Schiit may be a small company in a relatively small market, but the potential exists for them to receive dozens of casual inquiries and dozens of order and tech support inquiries every day, and perhaps far more. Given that far too many customers and potential customers don't even bother to read information on the product pages of the Schiit web site that seems to be plainly and clearly displayed, given that staff shortages and major parts/supply chain shortages are very real and periodically very serious disruptions that severely delay product building, I think that low priority emails from customers are sometimes likely to get low priority treatment.

Given the caveats, IMO it's a non-issue.

4. james

james Summon The Queen

Order and contacted them from same email address? Never underestimate the annoying imperfection of spam filters! Yours and theirs. Just a thought. They’ve always been very responsive to me

Agitater likes this.
  5. Acapella48

As @Agitater has pointed out, it's a non-issue. Since OP has cancelled his order with Schiit, seems as though the issue is moot. We're beating a dead horse. BTW - good point regarding spam filters. It happens.

6. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

Was wondering how he cancelled an order that supposedly didn't exist? If he logged into his account at Schiit and the order was visible, there's the confirmation it's in process.

kentucky_slim and StimpyWan like this.
  7. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

Yeah, order confirmation is part of the process, so if you didn't receive one it should have thrown up a red flag on day one.... but not here to judge or scold :) I don't know the circumstances, whether the order was logged sucessfully, emails going to junk folders, etc...

8. Acapella48

I'm wondering why any of us bothered to respond to a thread where the " alleged order" was cancelled in the first place.

9. TheVinylAddict

It was an interesting premise for a thread.

10. TheVinylAddict

By the way in our zeal to help others, many threads go deep without (at least to me) would be good clarifying questions for the OP to answer... take for instance budget. :)

We're good at long threads without OP participation / justification a lot on this forum IMO.

So I wonder that fairly often honestly...

33na3rd and Agitater like this.
  11. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Did you not receive an automatically generated receipt by email? Every time I've ordered from Schiit, I've got one.

12. parman

parman Music Junkie Thread Starter

Really wasn't asking anyone to help me I was wondering if anyone else had info or recent experience with slow responce. I did business with them in Oct and there was no problem with communication.

13. parman

I did not receive a automated receipt when I placed my order and I am a returning customer with an active account. I sent 2 emails with my order # and stll got crickets, maybe they all have covid .

14. TheVinylAddict

Maybe just chalk it up as Schiit happens?

Definitely not the norm though, the exception and not the rule -- I've bought four or five components from them over the last five years, and of course never had a problem. Doesn't mean that with 100's of orders a week probably, that one might slip through the cracks. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one.

Cheers.

gabbleratchet7, parman and morinix like this.
  15. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

That's pretty Schiitty! :laugh::hide:
    Hope you get your stuff! These days a lot of stuff is delayed. And on the news they showed local train yards strewn with undelivered packages, thieves break into the train cars.

16. Gabe Walters

Weird that no email came through. But if you were able to log in to your account and see the order to cancel it, I would consider that confirmation enough. We don't know the nature of the emails they didn't answer, but I think Schiit doesn't typically respond to "where's my order?" emails, for better or worse.

17. Acapella48

I know that Jason monitors or at least used to monitor the inbox for [email protected] as does Daniel Katz (if Daniel is still there). There's also Denise Martin who you can contact. I would call them.

18. Acapella48

Just sent an email to Denise Martin and included [email protected]. Received the following response in less than 30 seconds:

"Your question (126617) has been received and we'll get back to you soon. Please note that we don't always work weekends, holidays, or at 2AM, but we try to keep it snappy.

In the meantime, maybe we can help. Choosing a product or need some troubleshooting? We have extensive guides on the website. Visit Schiit Audio: Audio Products Designed and Built in California

Questions about an order you've already placed? Email [email protected]"

So their automated email response system seems to be working.

StimpyWan and Stone Turntable like this.
  19. parman

"Your question (126617) has been received and we'll get back to you soon. Please note that we don't always work weekends, holidays, or at 2AM, but we try to keep it snappy.
    Yes I saw this but they never got back to me.

Questions about an order you've already placed? Email [email protected]"
    Sent 2 emails here and never got a responce

I'm leaving town for a few weeks this weekend. I will order again when I get back and see what happens then.

20. Acapella48

Additional response received since the first sent to me 20 minutes ago ...

"If he emailed us, he would've received a response. It is possible that he contacted the wrong email so we never received it. Regarding the order confirmation, we send out automated order confirmations when the order is placed. It is possible it was sent to his spam or junk folders, or he may have just not seen it. If he was still able to cancel his order 3 weeks after he placed it, I'm assuming it was a backordered product and the long delay may be adding to the frustration of never being responded to. We are trying as hard as we can to be able to give out timely responses and send out products ASAP, but sometimes Schiit happens.

Best regards,

21. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

In my experience Schiit is not just a funny name it's a fairly accurate description of their customer service.

Rolltide likes this.
  22. Acapella48

PM Sent to OP

So I've received three responses from Schiit in less than an hour.

Two of them from actual employees.

Stone Turntable likes this.
  23. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Not in my case. I've ordered from Schiit eight times and I've never had any issues with their customer service or products.

OhHiMahk, molinari, adamos and 2 others like this.
  24. Gabe Walters

I'm sure I'll be accused of being a Schiit fanboi or whatever, but I've also ordered multiple times and never had an issue. What they absolutely don't do, as a matter of company policy, is describe the sound of their products in subjective terms, hold hands through the shopping process, or answer "where's my order?" questions. They used to not even have a phone that customers could call, preferring email. I have had to contact customer service before, and the response has always been sufficient.

25. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

The quite unpleasant tone I’m sensing from these grievances — and the credibility of the accusation of unresponsiveness that got this whole dubious “What’s Going On at Schiit Audio?” ball rolling — seems very questionable to me. This stuff doesn’t jibe *at all* with my own fairly extensive experience with this company.

I just flat out don’t believe they can’t be reached, don’t respond in a timely way to reasonable efforts at communication, and don’t consistently make things right when there’s a problem. Some companies deserve a public dragging. Schiit doesn’t.