Worst Date Movie Experience?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Professor Batty, Jan 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapaMuerte

PapaMuerte Zappatista

10 years ago I invited a girl that I really liked to a movies.
    I had a fight week prior and got my jaw busted, got wired and everything, afterwards I looked like Jaws from Bond movies.
    She was coming from abroad, so we planned that date before I got my a** wooped, I couldn't mess up, so I showed up.
    After her first shock, she got "used" to it and even find it cute...but dumba** as I am, i bought me a s**t load of gummies, twizzlers, sour strings....and afcourse a big popcorn.
    That stuff got stuck on my damn wires, the more I tried to pull it off, the more it got tangled.
    I spend the whole damn movie (I can't even remember what we watched) fighting with candies and stuck popcorn and when it ended my head looked like a christmass tree.
    I never called her again, she called me, but I was too embarassed to anwser.(I know, I suck)
    Worst expirience in the movies and on a date, ever!

P(orF), Chris DeVoe, JohnG and 3 others like this.
  2. Malcolm Blackmoor

Malcolm Blackmoor Forum Resident

One long ago story and one more recent:

I waited for my girlfriend outside the London West End cinema showing LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR. We hadn't discussed it so when she asked what the film was about I told her that it concerned a prostitute who is killed at the end.

Having spoiled the plot she refused to go in so we found the only other film whose starting time we could manage.

It was one of the Police Academy films, easily one of the most dreadful things I've ever seen the beginning of. Our cinema going was more carefully planned afterwards, and I NEVER give away plots.

On another unhappy evening:

I was keen to see THE MASTER in 70mm and we arrived in plenty of time to find that the cinema, the now demolished LEICESTER SQUARE THEATRE, had changed the Sunday showing times. Instead we saw TAKEN 3 , on their other screen, which was NOT a source of pleasure. I bought the Blu-ray of THE MASTER and hated it too much to watch so between two terrible films we saw the marginally less bad one.

3. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

That’s so confusing. Those two films were released 7 years apart.

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Sounds like an ex of mine which is why I was encouraging you to dump her. Good for you for getting rid of her. :righton:

bamaaudio and SandAndGlass like this.
  5. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

In high school, I asked a slightly older girl to the movies. She was devoutly religious and found offense in anything straying too far from PG territory.

We mutually selected The Little Mermaid, which I assumed was a safe choice.

It sold out quickly.

She enjoyed Romancing the Stone and its stars, so we both agreed to switch to The War of the Roses.

It was all rather iffy the entire run, but at the point when a female chomped down like Bugs on a carrot while being friendly with a feller in the oral way, I knew it was over...

Me? I ended up loving both films.

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

6. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Ya ready for this one?

I actually took a girl to the local drive-in to see the movie "Hanky Panky"! Do you remember that one? It was with Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner.

Now, we are just teenagers and I'm borrowing my dad's car for this. We are having a great time, and I actually sneaked in a six-pack of beer. My date ended up having too much of a great time and ends up pounding down three of these beers pretty quickly -- I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but remember were are skinny underage teenagers who don't really drink a lot. So we're not really watching the movie, as it were, and after a bit, she says "We should get some food" or such. She was cool, and she said she would head to snack bar to grab some stuff.

Well, she proceeds to take about two steps out of the car and... trips and falls over! You know how the cars were parked on those slight inclines when you pulled up next to the speaker? I guess between the booze and navigating that little hill, she lost it and wiped out.

I hear her saying "ow! ow! ow!" I jump out of the car and go around the other side and she's on the ground with a gash on her knee. She actually couldn't get up, so I had to somehow had to pick her up and get her back in the car. Of course, all the kids in the other cars are shouting and razzing us to hell, "Ha! Ha! you idiots!" and all that.

I get her back into the car, and I go into the trunk and grab an old towel to put on her bleeding knee.

Believe it or not, we ended up hanging until the end of the movie, but when I got her home, I had to help her into her house because she had a pretty solid limp. She's got her arm around my shoulder and it's like I'm walking her off the football field or something... When we get in the house, her mother freaks out, and her dad gives me a look like, "what the hell did you do to my daughter, you god d@#$ punk?!" He actually turns me and angrily asks, "What'd you get her drunk?!" At that point, I think I'm about two inches from getting my ace kicked by this guy, but his daughter was cool and jumped to my defense.

The girl and I laughed about that incident for a couple of years afterward whenever we ran into each other until we lost contact.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  7. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

I can’t say I’ve ever done a first date by taking someone to the movies, but I have had a few bad experiences with dates at movies. One example, I took my High School girlfriend and her sister to see Jaws on opening weekend. They sat on either side of me and by the end of the film, the sister had accidentally dumped her soda on me and both had scratched both my arms to ribbons thanks to all the jump scares. Walking out of there, I had blood running down my arms and it looked like I’d p*ssed myself.

8. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

It sounds like you missed your calling as a physical comedian. Rowen Atkinson himself couldn't come up with something as hilarious.

9. It's not an uncommon occurrence - they're kind of the white version of the Samuel L Jackson/Laurence Fishburne mixup.

SandAndGlass and Chris DeVoe like this.
  10. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

Another thread where nobody can use the damn spoiler button
    can't even read bad date experiences without endings given away by some......

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  11. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

Back in high school I finally got up the nerve to ask a girl out, a cute little blondie, very straight-laced. Took her out to the movies and saw the premiere of Harold and Maude. Unbelieveably, we spent a year together after that first awkward evening.

12. cathandler

cathandler Senior Member

I took a date to see Sid & Nancy. For whatever reason I never got a second date...

rockerreds and ~dave~~wave~ like this.
  13. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

So do we chalk that date up as a failure or...?

;)

Damn! I mean - how could anyone keep a straight face during that woodchipper scene?

;)

14. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

She may have seen it as you waving a red flag.

cathandler likes this.
  15. cathandler

cathandler Senior Member

I'll never understand women...

16. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

My first date with a certain girl was to the movie, Revenge of the Nerds. Looking back and being older, I can’t believe I took her to see it. Found out she did not like it one bit. However, she still continued to go out with me. We are going on 30 years of marriage.

17. Malcolm Blackmoor

Malcolm Blackmoor Forum Resident

I waited for my girlfriend outside the London West End cinema showing LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR.
    It was one of the Police Academy films, easily one of the most dreadful things I've ever seen.

That’s so confusing. Those two films were released 7 years apart.

Sorry - I've obviously forgotten but thought it was what I said. It was something riotously unfunny involving police that propelled us from our seats fairly quickly.

yesstiles and ~dave~~wave~ like this.
  18. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Which one are you referring to?

19. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I was hoping he was being facetious?

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  20. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

Sound like The Choirboys, which probably would have been a worse date movie than Police Academy.

21. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Well, it was a movie about a guy who murdered his girlfriend...

SandAndGlass likes this.
  22. cathandler

cathandler Senior Member

I guess sarcasm doesn't always come across... ;)

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  23. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Went to a midnight showing of John Waters' Pink Flamingos back in 1971 on the recommendation of a friend.
    My lady friend and I had sampled some mescaline earlier in the evening and I think we lasted about five minutes.
    We salvaged the night by visiting undoubtedly the strangest all-night diner in all of Metro/Washington, D.C.

~dave~~wave~ and Professor Batty like this.
  24. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Yet another perfect date movie...

25. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

In my defense: Pink Flamingos was still something of an 'underground film' back in 1971...word of its true nature hadn't "leaked out" into the mainstream quite yet (lol). Folks forget that there
    were no VHS (or BetaMax) tapes in 1971...and certainly no YouTube or IMDb without a 'Skynet'.

SandAndGlass and ~dave~~wave~ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.