Better Call Saul - All Things Discussion*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by misterjones, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And they just got through shooting Episode 12 this week, so everything has been going fine since Bob Odekirk's heart attack...

[​IMG]

GMfan87', Amnion, alexpop and 12 others like this.
  2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Funny show!

George P likes this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Thought I read somewhere that Aaron Paul’s getting his own spin- off series playing his Pinkman character. … Alaska bound methinks.

aside .. he’s involved in Westwood season 4.

4. alexpop

Westworld season 4. :)

5. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

aaron paul should get his own spinoff...as Todd

6. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

And he could sleep on the couch of a former family sitcom star?

7. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

I sincerely hope they are leaving the BB universe alone after this.

formu_la, GregM and MikeInFla like this.
  8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Absolutely agree. It's run its course and further rehashing will weaken the characters and content already created. With TV's most gifted showrunner Matt Weiner basically consored and out of the biz thanks to the metoo movement, Gilligan is one of the most talented show creators left. It's frustrating to see him devote 15 years to the New Mexico scene when he should be making other shows. He's run it into the ground. I'm sure there is a better concept left in him.

9. alexpop

Think there’s more mileage with Aaron Paul/Pinkman… Saul Goodman’s still alive.

10. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Sure, why not? At the end of BB he rode off in a state of euphoria, his whole life ahead of him. But no, "more mileage" so he was brought back for the dismal El Camino that ended with him in Bumfeck, Alaska with a far bleaker future. Keep going and maybe we can have him die in an overdose. Yeah, that's the ticket. Dust him off, trot him out again and again until he's dead and buried. Maybe he can come back as a zombie in Breaking Bad: the Walking Dead Years.

[​IMG]

MJConroy likes this.
  11. alexpop

Well it’s present day timeline, both are allowed to be older … just saying. Good script, possible.

12. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

To each their own, but I wouldn't have any interest and the show ended so well (not even counting El Camino) that there really needs to be an end already.

13. alexpop

Folks complained when Better Call Saul started, and what a winner that turned out to be.

misterjones likes this.
  14. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

But that was when there was more story to tell about Saul now there isn't.
    Whatever you can watch but I wish Giligan would walk away and let his great show stand.

15. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear. Thread Starter

Any story told well deserves to be told, or even retold.

I'm a big fan of Doc Martin, which is running out of steam (but which, I think, has another good year left). I certainly would be in favor of a Young Doc Martin series - my own invention - where Clunes would produce and direct and even appear now and then as the young (and appropriately obnoxious) medical student's father.

alexpop likes this.
  16. Night Version

Night Version Forum Resident

Y
    you can always choose not to watch. It’s just a TV show.

alexpop and katstep like this.
  17. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

The thing is, when an auteur spends a lot of time wringing out more from an iconic work he's already done...that's less time in his life for dreaming up his next iconic creation...! :idea:

GregM likes this.
  18. alexpop

Precisely.
    If Vince is involved it will be good, hopefully great. Don’t believe Pinkman’s story arch is closed.

19. alexpop

When the Beatles split went solo / wings etc ..
    Was it better?
    In other words …
    stick with the formula I say.

20. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'm sorry, were we talking about the same band everybody talks about in every other thread on this board? No. We were talking about showrunners. Television.

21. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

which is what i said "whatever, you watch" but there's those of us that say enough and won't.

22. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

well the money is hard for them to turn down and maybe they are tapped out, can't come up with anything great again.
    when it's been that great though it shows artistic integrity to leave it be , and as an audience many of us don't keep wanting more of the same.
    anyway, will be interesting to see how "bcs" wraps up

23. Night Version

Night Version Forum Resident

But you probably will, just guessing.

24. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Watch? No haven't thought of BB much these last few years, or watched it again, didn't have much interest in El Camino, and it was very disappointing.

25. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

Respectfully, maybe you should re-watch all three properties. They all get richer upon multiple viewings. I remember being let down by El Camino at first, but after a few rewatches I consider it basically just as good as the other stuff in the franchise.

But if you don't like this stuff as much as some of the rest of us, that's fine too. But just know that many of us don't agree with your opinions.

formu_la and alexpop like this.