SH Spotlight FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours, heard it 1000 times, still love it! Our WB 45 & 33 1/3 RPM vinyl coming now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 25, 2007.

1. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Sorry I wasn’t clear and went to bed ! As far as I remember HHV had the picture of the pressing with the pressed at Pallas sticker but when it arrived (like you) this text was missing and it wasn’t the SH version. Really annoying !

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  2. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Correct !

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  3. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

I agree with you 100%. I cannot understand why JPC etc. do not mention the ean/upc number? It would make life so much easier when ordering records if they provided this information. My local record store does! I think I will mention this to JPC next time I order from them. No disrespect to Optimal, but I would prefer to get the original U.S. mastering when I order reissues of American albums. I recently sourced a copy of the 2019 Craft Recordings reissue of R.E.M.’s “Monster” in the U.S.A. The EU version did not use Joe Nino Hernes’ original Sterling remastering on that version and is, apparently, noticeably inferior.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  4. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

That's a great idea @Satrus!
    I'm not sure but I think jpc in particular is part of a much bigger online seller - WOM - which I take to be a big chain of retailers. All this to say that they might consider the undertaking too much for just a few buyers who are asking for the ean/upc to be made available, but it's definitely worth a try and I will do as you suggest. One can only hope ;)

5. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

If it hasn't got Pallas on the sticker likely a digital source. Correct version has made in USA and Loose Polythene wrap on the 45 rpm version.

[​IMG]

This is the image of the 2020 release from Discogs. Difference from earlier versions is no mention of Warner Brothers (just Warner) on labels.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    bibijeebies and WhatDoIKnow like this.
  6. gadgetman

gadgetman Forum Resident

I have sent an email but no reply so far not opening up because false advertising i want a refund and will not give up.

The above poster we are discussing the 33 record i will not buy double discs with 2 or 3 tracks on one side of a record like going back to watching movies on laserdisc lol.

7. Classicrock

I don't think there is a reissue of the SH/KG 33 rpm from checking Discogs. Copies are likely to be NOS 2011. If you want the good pressing you will have to put up with 45 rpm.

8. gadgetman

gadgetman Forum Resident

Yes recently been a re-issue of the 33 rpm "in the groove" who has a youtube channel and a store in America received a new batch with the pressed in Pallas label and he confirmed is correct.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  9. Classicrock

I saw that but could be some old stock as there is not yet a new Discogs entry. I though the impression given it's a crap shoot which copy dealers receive. I think you mean 'The In Groove' (Mike). Hard to believe nobody on Discogs has a copy of this so far. I've also seen them in another video but could not distinguish them from the 2011 I have which was still around up to at least 2018.

10. gadgetman

gadgetman Forum Resident

Yes Mike from the in groove, The copyright notice on back of sleeve is 2009 reprise. Also the cover is of white kind of cream which mike also mentions is a way to tell if you have the pallas copy. Still do not want to unwrap will be annoyed if the digital source.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  11. Classicrock

Well if it hasn't got Pallas on the hype sticker and is a Warner Music rather than Reprise it's certainly a digital pressing from Optimal.

12. WhatDoIKnow

There is:

Fleetwood Mac – Rumours (2011, Vinyl)

And it has the same ean as the one on the photo on hhv, that's why @gadgetman has a point.

13. Classicrock

That's the 2011 release. A new repress will not be able to display any reference to Warner Brothers on the label due to licensing. So any the same as that must be NOS.

14. gadgetman

gadgetman Forum Resident

on the back in small print reprise record a warners music group company los angeles CA 90021 new york 2009 reprise records made in canada

spine 517786-1 /093624979357

15. WhatDoIKnow

Could this be the one you have?

Fleetwood Mac – Rumours (2019, Clear, Vinyl)

Look at the comments, there is a reviewer pointing out that this has "made in Canada" on it, and the spine number seems to match the one you have.

16. WhatDoIKnow

Of course, sorry for the misunderstanding @Classicrock. Funny how hhv says "check the photo on the website for details" when it comes to used LPs and then the new ones have photos that clearly aren't representative of what they are selling.

17. Classicrock

Actually made in the EU and looks like Optimal pressing. Maybe the sleeves are made in Canada for the Walmart special?

18. WhatDoIKnow

At this point, who knows? I'm just sorry for @gadgetman who is left with a mysterious pressing which most probably isn't the one he paid for.

19. gadgetman

gadgetman Forum Resident

Well got a reply from HHV only to say got my email and will be in touch probably Monday now. I am going to send back but i have a feeling will not be straight forward me in UK LP came from Germany and i am not paying postage. False advertising i did not get what was showed on their website.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  20. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Good luck, hope you get the right thing or your money back.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  21. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

In my experience HHV have always been very fair regarding these sort of problems.

What is odd though is that this is not the first time they've had this LP returned as it doesn't match the picture. So why not just fix the cause of the problem ?

gadgetman and WhatDoIKnow like this.
  22. maellen

maellen Nasi Lemak

Any chance Pallas will repress the 2LP 45RPM in 2022? Any insider?

23. gadgetman

gadgetman Forum Resident

Update: HHV are refunding my money and do not need to send back vinyl, so a very good company to deal with and would use again.
    The image on their website is now corrected, so overall quite impressed with the service so like to give a shout out to HHV.

The above poster about a re-press i think it's on back-order so patience is required.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  24. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

25. WhatDoIKnow

Wonderful, thanks for letting us know :righton: