Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by omikron, Dec 23, 2021.

1. jvc444

jvc444 Are you a 1099er?

I just saw the 3rd episode. They were slaughtered, and I was hoping it was Anakin who did it. :D

Lownote30 likes this.
  2. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I found episode three more interesting, or rather more fun than the previous two. Yes, the space mods were silly but I suppose little kids enjoyed the chase sequence. Looks like the big nasty Wookie might team up with Boba later.

Shawn, omikron and Curveboy like this.
  3. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Boba in the black robe and hood has an uncanny resemblance to Death from The Seventh Seal!

Plan9, Lownote30 and polchik like this.
  4. jvc444

jvc444 Are you a 1099er?

I didn't like those biker kids. They don't fit into the Star Wars theme.

5. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Quoting myself, but a further thought about why I think the moped gang is wrong.

Tattooine is a hardscrabble planet, with people struggling to harvest even the most basic thing needed to support life - water. It's a hot desert planet with two suns, and frequent sandstorms. There is not a lot of wealth on the planet, nor a lot of natural resources for people to gain wealth from in general. So everything has a weather-beaten look, and parts for speeders and things are recycled just to keep things running.

This has been established since the first movie in 1977, 45 years ago (jeez, that's a long time thinking about it now!).

So for this teenage gang to have enough disposable income on this planet to own and maintain these flashy mopeds is just so out of character from anything we've known on Tattooine that it fails the credibility test, at least for me. These teens more likely would have lives like Luke's when he was living on Tattooine, or at the very least having low wage blue collar service type jobs in the communities they live in .

Worn land speeders with a splash of paint on them I might accept for these teenagers, but not these Jolly Rancher colored bikes.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

spoken like someone who hasn't paid attention to the last 20+ years of star wars.

now these are thoughts i can mostly agree with. fair enough.

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

My favorite scene in a recent episode...

[​IMG]

8. BrettyD

BrettyD Senior Member

Totally agree wih this.....watched 2 episodes and they were AWFUL.

Isolar801 likes this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Nothing in the films or shows is coincidental -- when there's a resemblance, it's a deliberate influence. An "homage," if you will.

omikron and BeatleJWOL like this.
  10. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

jolly rancher lol

id go so far to say if they had just backed off the colour scheme of those things ... and toned down their wardrobe it would've passed by unquestioned ....

so yeah .... weird choices.

11. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

lmao

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

kouzie, rmath84, Leviethan and 3 others like this.
  13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

It's the internet and it's apparently a radical reinvention of all that's come before. Of course it's a thing. :laugh:

If there's anything I've learned about Star Wars fans by now, it's that they don't seem to like Star Wars very much :help:

14. MrJerry1876

MrJerry1876 Short Distance Voyager

I watched the recent two last night. I liked them!
    The wookie's pretty cool- looking. Really hope he comes back.
    The gang's Vespas look cool, I'll admit, but they don't really belong in the canon of Star Wars. Kind of stupid when viewed alongside landspeeders and other vehicles.
    I liked the Vespa chase scene, but I liked the train fight scene more. I think that it's interesting to see and learn more about the Tusken Raiders. I never realized that they had... Y'now... Feelings. They were always viewed as just an annoying obstacle.

omikron likes this.
  15. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I’m looking at this as if it’s a graphic novel on screen. It’s just fun, and really not too serious. I loved Danny Trejo as the enlightened Rancor wrangler.

MikeInFla, MrJerry1876, Shawn and 3 others like this.
  16. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account Thread Starter

Lots of mixed comments on this thread.

I'm curious what people would think if they flipped characters where the Mando series were written for Boba Fett and the Mando character was given the Jabba story arc.

Am I off base thinking that Boba Fett brings with him preconceived notions and some were expecting him to be behaving differently in this series? Would it change anyone's appreciation for the Boba Fett episodes?

Or is all the dissension hung up on Sand People and Pee-Wee Herman bikes and it's irregardless of which Mandalorian is in the show?

17. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

I think so. A lot of fans are hung up on Vader's "no disentegrations" line from Empire and assume Boba Fett would just be blastin' folks left and right. No quarter, no mercy, just the biggest baddest bounty hunter in the galaxy mercilessly killing. We're not getting that. We're getting a thoughtful character with a culture behind him (despite being a clone, Boba Fett is still a Mandalorian with all of their sense of ritual and history) and somebody that occasionally loses a fight*, only to come back for another round.

*this one really chaps some folks, but please, let's remember how he "died"? A lucky shot in the back from a blind smuggler's improvised weapon, firing up his jetpack and tossing him into a monstrous mouth in the desert. And now we find out he used a FLAMETHROWER and PUNCHED HIS WAY OUT. And people still are let down? Unbelievable**.

**well, not so unbelievable. it's the internet and some people just like to complain. and here I am complaining about the complainers. so it goes.

SJP, Shawn, MrJerry1876 and 3 others like this.
  18. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

For me the disappointment of the first two episodes were twofold; they were very slow and I don't care about the sand people.
    That said I really enjoyed episode three and I didn't have an issue with the "mod" gang.

omikron likes this.
  19. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

He punched his way out of the maw of the sand beast.

GentleSenator and omikron like this.
  20. DonNylon

DonNylon Forum Resident

I love the new Bobba Fett series. I think it continues the Mandalorian "Western in Space" style great while unloading heaps of backstory in each episode. I appreciate the Tuskan Raider spotlight even more because the Close Wars was the only series that gave ~some~ back story on their species. It's cool to learn more about them in tandem with Bobba's character development though. Isn't this the first real intimate look at the Tuskan Raider culture, customs, and species traditions we've seen in the Star Wars chronology? I'm looking forward to the 4th episode in a few days.

Shawn, FACE OF BOE, omikron and 4 others like this.
  21. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Yes, starting with the second season of Mandalorian.

omikron likes this.
  22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

omikron likes this.
  23. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Did Boba have Slave 1 when he showed up in Mando? I expect a plot line will soon be about how he regains it. And then a slight overlap with the Mando storyline to just slightly push it forward or at least re-acquaint us with it and provide a little more back story on it (ie, the empire baddies and what they’re up to).

omikron and MrJerry1876 like this.
  24. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Yes, we see it in his intro episode in S2. Entirely possible we might see another flashback about it though.

25. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Corrected