USPS issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by larry333, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Jersey City transfer was bad in the 70's.

BluesOvertookMe and bmh5879 like this.
  2. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

No mail delivered for two weeks!

3. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Are you registered with USPS to receive by email "informed deliveries"?

It's a great, great service: Lets you see what is supposed to show up in yer mailbox.

Muzyck and Detroit Rock Citizen like this.
  4. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

I haven't had any mail delivered for a couple weeks as well - this has been going on for a couple years. I subscribe to informed deliveries and rarely receive what is supposed to be delivered. Have called the local PO but they don't answer and when I go they don't care. Tax dollars at work.

sharedon likes this.
  5. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Yes. But no mail in the images has been delivered.

6. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Same exact thing here. I even wrote my congressman, another waste of time.

7. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I have a package (LP) going to Canada that is running late by 8-10 days. Sent from LA tracking is showing that it is being held at customs in Germany. Yes Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got sorted wrong in NY and went on the plane to Germany. I hope it gets sent back in the direction of Canada. Or I am going to have to refund the buyer for the item and shipping.

I double-checked the customs form, I have the correct Canada address on the package. This one beats those others that went astray all over the country before finding the way back to where it should go.

GentleSenator and Dave like this.
  8. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

I have used that for a few years now. The problem I have been having lately is that packages that should automatically update in my package dashboard are not populating and other items are not getting scanned at all until they are delivered.

9. Joseph.McClure

I have a package that arrived in Memphis on the 12th and hasn’t moved since ?!

10. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Memphis is a bad distribution center. Items seem to get stuck there

11. bug2362

bug2362 Forum Resident

I sent a birthday card to a friend in December-she lives a mile from the post office where I dropped it off- took 4 days before she received it!

12. Mooglander

Mooglander Forum Resident

Things are continuing downhill. I shipped a package weeks ago and tracking has not updated. It must be in parcel limbo. I got no answer from the P.O.

bmh5879 likes this.
  13. Joseph.McClure

My package hasn’t moved in two weeks now.

14. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I hope it's clear to the people who are angry at the Post Office are aware...they are angry at the wrong people. And fixing the problem is unfortunately more than just a customer service problem, but a citizen problem. And it goes deeper than just telling those stopping progress, who to replace on the board...they actually have to get approved by the same people who don't want progress to happen.

I'm getting really tired of not seeing mail deliveries on weekdays too. But I know it's a part of a larger problem we're not really permitted to discuss, so...

bmh5879, shaboo, slipkid and 3 others like this.
  15. jvc444

jvc444 Are you a 1099er?

I get mail delivered everyday, I always see the mail man.

16. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I have had two different people this week give me tracking #'s of items that were delivered somewhere else in January and both times they contacted the post office and the USPS have stated they are recycling tracking #'s due to the high volume of items being mailed right now.

17. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Letters from back east that were once 3-4 days are 5-7.

18. Mooglander

Mooglander Forum Resident

I forgot to post an update: The aforementioned package eventually found its destination in the middle of February. Tracking didn't update for a month, then somehow the package "reemerged" from postal limbo and started tracking.

Another package I sent this month to MA first took a detour to FL.

19. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Anyone having issues with USPS again? I currently have 3 packages that are stuck on acceptance pending, or label created, but all 3 have been dropped off at the post office. Unfortunately for me, one has a $310 record in it and another has a $140 record in it... Just when I finally was starting to gain some trust back for using USPS for records, and now I may be out $450... :realmad:

...of course that's definitely partially on me for not paying extra for insurance as well, but like I said, USPS has been very reliable again for the past 6 months for me.

I think the warning that I should have heeded was when a package I was receiving a few weeks ago went halfway across the country before turning around and coming back again...

20. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Nix. The buyer pays for insurance as part of the cost of the product. It only benefits the seller.

21. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Stupid post office sent my cd to Seattle.. I took my tracking no. into the post office.
    They said it was a mistake, no duh..

22. WarEagleRK

I have two items that haven't moved since getting to Atlanta on March 27th.

23. Joseph.McClure

I have one stuck in Jersey City since 3/28

24. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Lemme know when you guys figure out, this has nothing to do with stuck mail, but stuck mail Management...and what it takes to get that changed.

Have I mentioned, that "our" Postmaster General, holds stock in a company that produces the home COVID tests that ( :idea: ) are delivered by mail? So, every time you order your four free tests...he gets a cut of that, right off the government largesse that made those tests possible, to help you and your family survive a pandemic. While he forced the USPS to invest jillions in gas-consuming delivery vehicles in a climate crisis. There's your real USPS issues.

Again...if all you're mad about is your package sitting in a warehouse someplace...you are not paying attention.

Alan G likes this.
  25. WarEagleRK

Any reason why you are all condescending to everyone in this post?

BluesOvertookMe likes this.