Rough Trade Sale coming May 21 ...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DapperGentleman, May 18, 2021.

1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

still kind of bizarre that no one there thought maybe they should at least send some sort of update about it to the likely hundreds if not thousands of folks that took advantage of their big sale.

Patanoia and hutlock like this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Agreed. And yes, definitely thousands.

3. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm getting some gawdawful shipping confirmations from Rough Trade today. First I've had in a week.

Ordered 13 items, shipped 1 today
    Ordered 7 items, shipped 1 today

... others not yet accounted for. I'm guessing they've pending cancellation.

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  4. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

I placed two orders on the 6th for a total of 13 items. I received cancellations for 3 items within a day of the order and just received my first shipping confirmation for 1 item today. Nine items appear to be in limbo. I am patient but it would be nice if they just sent a group email to provide their customers the status of their fulfillment process for the sale.

5. hutlock

I got one shipping confirmation about a week ago for 1 item, today I got another confirmation for 1 more. Doesn’t appear that the post office has actually received either one though.

That makes 2 items shipped, 3 items cancelled, 15 in limbo.

This is not going well. I mean, I even ordered a full price record that wasn’t part of the sale, and I haven’t heard word one about that. I thought it would be the FIRST one to ship! Ugh.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    superstar19 likes this.
  6. hutlock

I actually am fairly confident I’ll still get my stuff and it won’t be cancelled at this point, but I know you ordered early so your stuff might be different given that you “got” (and I use that term loosely in this case) a bunch of stuff that sold out quickly. Best of luck regardless!

superstar19 likes this.
  7. cut-out

cut-out Forum Resident

I emailed them for the first time today about my Jan. 6 order, and got an email back apologizing for the delay, they're extremely behind with fulfillment procedures, and have a massive backlog of orders to fill.

Four hours later this afternoon, I got an email that 3 out of 4 lps are on their way! Time will tell of course, but I'm happy!

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  8. hutlock

Squeaky wheel gets the grease! Any word on that 4th LP? Hope it doesn’t get cancelled on you.

superstar19 and cut-out like this.
  9. cut-out

cut-out Forum Resident

No mention of the 4th lp; who knows?

hutlock likes this.
  10. TxRangersFan

TxRangersFan Senior Member

12 ordered on Jan 7; as of today 3 canceled, 1 shipped, 8 in limbo.

hutlock likes this.
  11. hutlock

Has anyone actually gotten an active/working tracking number on their Shipped stuff? I’ve had 2 “shipped” so far but the tracking numbers both say that USPS doesn’t even have them yet, just that the number was created.

SJP likes this.
  12. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sure. You see the tracking number, right? The long blue number in the upper right corner when you click "Track Item #xxxxxx" on the Order page?

I think you're referring to the long lag between the number being assigned and the delivery of the package to the post office. It takes several days it seems. But, once the package is delivered to the Brooklyn post office it's trackable throughout the journey on the USPS website.

And it's fassst. Each package they've sent me here in California has taken 2 or 3 business days to arrive. That's only after it's started its journey though ....

superstar19, hutlock and SJP like this.
  13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

A single CD shipped from my order. It arrived damn fast.

My next shipment sat for a week before it made it to the post office. This one isn't so fast.

January 20, 2022
    In Transit, Arriving On Time
    Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered by the expected delivery date. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
    January 18, 2022, 10:10 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    January 18, 2022, 12:21 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    January 17, 2022, 11:06 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    BROOKLYN, NY 11222
    January 10, 2022, 8:38 pm
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    BROOKLYN, NY 11222

14. hutlock

Yeah, I see the number. It just hasn’t gone to the post office yet and it has been a week. I was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience. I ship things all the time for my job—I know how it all works, unfortunately. Just seemed like a week between being given a tracking number and actually being handed over to the USPS is a bit long. Thanks for confirming!

superstar19 likes this.
  15. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

I'm in the same boat. My items "shipped" on January 13 have still not been received by the USPS.

hutlock likes this.
  16. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

My Fall LP was ordered on the 7th and received by USPS on the 17th. No word on my other order yet.

hutlock likes this.
  17. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

One on the way and one in the limbo of “label made, waiting to go to USPS.”

While my order was over the threshold for free shipping, it fell under it due to their cancellations and shipping was applied to one of the two. I guess that’s fair - they’ve got expenses and I no longer met the deal - but slightly annoying nonetheless.

hutlock likes this.
  18. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

I don't think that's fair at all. You met the requirements for free shipping by ordering items they said they had in stock. It's their fault their inventory system sucks.

19. ENelson409

ENelson409 Forum Resident

I had the same experience as many on this thread. Two fairly large orders that wound up being one LP each, which they are sending separately, probably with postage charged. I also need to carefully review my charge card over the next week or so to make sure I wasn't overcharged. Definitely the last time I order from those numbskulls.

I'm sure Nonesuch has a relatively small staff too, but ordering from their recent sale was an exemplary experience.

samwisefan and hutlock like this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

oh yeah. my last order from them was a nightmare. after an entire month the tracking never changed from "label created - brooklyn, ny" so they refunded me. almost another month after that it just started moving at breakneck speed in the tracking system and arrived at my doorstep in a couple days. pretty sure it's all because of that black hole of a USPS hub in NJ.

hutlock likes this.
  21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think nonesuch uses a 3rd party distributor. i want to say WEA handles it for them.

22. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

10 days, no changes.

hutlock likes this.
  23. UHLawdog

UHLawdog Forum Resident

My order number is 1791280.

Has anyone heard anything regarding an order number after mine? Trying to figure out if they still haven't gotten to my order yet, or if they've stopped trying to fill orders in order of receipt

24. UnknownEric

UnknownEric did not put the ram in the rama-lama-ding-dong

Been two weeks now for me. Not a peep.

25. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

I just received my second shipping notification (although neither package is actually in the hands of the USPS) leaving me with 8 items in limbo. I assume that they will ship eventually as all of my cancellations occurred within a day of the orders. But they seem to be shipping piecemeal as opposed to shipping all items associated with an order together. Bizarre.

hutlock likes this.