uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

Not working for me...

How do you access the "prize wheel" everyone is talking about? Was going to place an order but looking for the ever-elusive coupon...

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Are you already a registered customer? The usually send out an email at the beginning of each month for the prize wheel, so there should be one coming up next week. You are only allowed to spin once per month per e-mail addy.

3. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

Ah... got it. Thanks. I just created an account today. I'll look for that email. Couldn't get the 20% coupon shared here to work.

4. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

Try: VIPJAN2226E80187

Rob Zarzecki likes this.
  5. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

Thanks! Just tried, but it said "Looks like you didn’t reach the minimum order amount to use this discount. Please check the requirements and come back."

I got this same message with the 20% off code shared here. Doesn't say what the minimum is. My cart has $59.98 in it.

6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Weird. Never seen that before, even on orders for just a single LP.

7. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

Looks like the record just isn't eligible for coupon codes. I added another record and it took the discount just off of that one... Strange.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Anyone know if udiscover ever gets restocks? it doesn't seem like it.

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they do. but don't count on any sort of notification or the like.

hutlock and via_atx like this.
  10. hype

hype Forum Resident

Sometimes but unless you monitor the page or just check it every once in awhile it's impossible to know.. Not sure why they do not have an in-stock notification when Sound Of Vinyl does.

11. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Buy one get one 50% sale right now. Equals 25% off - just ordered the next two Tone Poets + AS Verve titles. About to preorder some of the BN Classic titles (Milt Jackson, Bud Powell, Caramba) and deciding which to add for a fourth - Inner Urge, Destination Out, or Out to Lunch. Sadly most of the other BN Classics are OOS right now.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  12. PabloFanques

PabloFanques Forum Resident

Anyone have their OC box ship? I see it's not shipping until Feb 3 (?). I ordered 2 boxes by mistake so expect 1 to be up in the classifieds. Oops

I would be careful about their pre-ordering (easier said than done), I mean the sales are nice but the shipping is atrocious

13. beyondmiles

No update on my Coleman box yet - but like many have said, they're usually a week or so behind. That said, I have never had issues with a preorder getting canceled - which I have had issues with from Target + Amazon. My Crescent + Village Vanguard took a bit to ship and have been in Fedex limbo but hopefully delivering today. Plus with the points I earn, it's hard to complain (but I get it)

hutlock and PabloFanques like this.
  14. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

I bought the Elton John box sets Diamonds and Jewel Box during their last 40% sale and they were very nicely packaged. I was a bit worried as I opened the box but each very differently sized box was surrounded by cushioning inserts. Not a dent or ding to be found.

Davidmk5 and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. beyondmiles

After a string of good luck, my copy of Rough 'N Tumble arrived yesterday with a nasty top seam split. It was packed fine in a mailer, but without any wrap or filler cardboard. Tightening it up really makes a difference to prevent the splits.

Sent a photo last night (PST) via their little support button on the site and got the copy/paste response email this morning they always give about whether or not you want a replacement (if in stock) or a refund (even though they already ask you that when you submit your ticket)

We'll see how long it takes to get a response/process, but this one isn't one of my favorite Turrentine albums so I'm not chomping at the bit to get the replacement.

My Coleman box was supposed to arrive Friday, then Monday, then yesterday, and now today, but it looks like it didn't make it onto the truck today so I'll be waiting for that one eagerly. REAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYY hope that one comes unharmed.

PabloFanques likes this.
  16. PabloFanques

PabloFanques Forum Resident

Wasn't a huge fan of how they were shipped out - boxed with some bubble packs, it can shift around quite a bit. One copy got wet on the outside (I didn't care, but some may) but no splits or damage otherwise.

beyondmiles likes this.
  17. beyondmiles

My uDiscover Coleman box (shipped forever ag0) and my Amazon Coleman box (ordered yesterday afternoon) both arrived today (the Amazon one beat the uDiscover delivery by a few hours, haha)
    The uDiscover box was beat to hell and one side was torn open - the box had a thin piece of cardboard (almost construction paper weight), but thankfully the actual box itself was not damaged.

Amazon's box wasn't really that much more secure, but had much less travel time from the warehouse. Amazon's box was also in good shape and not damaged.

Just opened up the uDiscover box and all jackets look perfect. Not a thing to note. LPs look clean minus the tiny little bit of production debris. No visible warps but need to put them on the platter to double check.

I lucked out. Will likely just return the Amazon box, although it was technically $20 cheaper.

On a separate note - Rough 'N Tumble replacement has been approved. I submitted a ticket Tues evening, heard back Wed AM to confirm my address if I wanted a replacement, and heard back again Thu AM (this morning) that the replacement order was placed. We'll see how long it takes to ship, but it's at least been submitted. Can't complain with that turnaround - I've gone weeks between responses a year ago.

PabloFanques likes this.
  18. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

I buy a fair bit of stuff from them and have lots of rewards that are backing up.
    Case in point - just tried to use a "Free shipping" coupon, but got rejected because of the "buy 1 get one 50%" sale.
    The thing is - there always seems to be some kind of sale on.
    And surely if I'm getting rewarded for loyalty I should be able to use my frikkin rewards whenever I want!?
    Considering taking this up with customer service.
    Has anybody else tried and succeeded?

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

the rewards themselves are issued like a gift card and can be used in conjunction with whatever sale is going on. i'm not sure what kind of limitations might exist with international customers though, but they changed the process months back as a response to feedback just like yours!

Briskit and astro70 like this.
  20. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Yeah the only stipulation is only one reward per order. I have a few $5 gift card rewards from them built up because i would redeem them and then forget I already had some and I couldn’t use both at once. You’re free to use your rewards on any order now. They just redeem into a coupon code you can use at checkout and they also get saved to your account.

Briskit likes this.
  21. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Very interesting.
    I was copy/pasting some code from my rewards section into the field on my order, and getting the "You cannot use this code because disounts have already been applied" palaver. Which I assumed was because of the sale....

The sale has ended now so hard to troubleshoot further.
    I will consult with y'all if I have same problem during next sale.

22. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I could be wrong, but I think uDiscover's website has some issues with leaving rewards you've already used in your "available" list. Not sure this is what's going on in your case.

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm waiting for some good new SDEs before I use all the uDiscover points I amassed last year!

Seems like I've heard of a bunch on the horizon - "Who's Next", "Some Time in NYC", and others I can't think of this moment - but none have been formally announced yet...

Disco Robot likes this.
  24. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I see the What's Going On? anniversary LP has now been pushed back to April 1. I pre-ordered one of those on uDiscover back in Nov or Dec. I wondered it will ever actually be delivered to me.

GentleSenator and Davidmk5 like this.
  25. WesB

WesB Forum Resident

Did anyone receive a 22% coupon and get it to work? I keep getting the “Looks like you didn’t reach the minimum order amount to use this discount” error message.