Rough Trade Sale coming May 21 ...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DapperGentleman, May 18, 2021.

1. TxRangersFan

TxRangersFan Senior Member

My order number is 1792179. 12 items. 3 cancellation notices received to date. And based on what I see on their web site, shipping label printed for 1.

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

So I also have received two shipping notifications so far, from two different orders about a week apart from each other. Checked the USPS site tonight and the one they shipped a week ago still hasn’t been picked up, but the one they shipped a day or two ago has.

I give up. They are gonna come when they come and it’ll be a surprise. Like finding a $20 in a pair of jeans you haven’t worn in a while.

3. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident Thread Starter

They keep plugging away, that's good. Several shipments announced this week, and no new cancellations. My updated totals:

17868xx 15 items ordered
    0 cancelled, 14 shipped, leaves 1
    17868xx 12 items ordered
    0 cancelled, 12 shipped, leaves 0
    17872xx 15 items ordered
    1 cancelled, 11 shipped, leaves 3
    17872xy 14 items ordered
    1 cancelled, 11 shipped, leaves 2
    17876xx 9 items ordered
    0 cancelled, 7 shipped, leaves 2
    17901xx 13 items ordered
    1 cancelled, 11 shipped, leaves 1
    17901xx 7 items ordered
    1 cancelled, 5 shipped, leaves 1
    17909xx 7 items ordered
    0 cancelled, 0 shipped, leaves 7

Totals:
    4 cancelled, 46 received, 25 'shipped', 17 remaining

superstar19, mur and Patanoia like this.
  4. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

I absolutely think they should eat the loss in this situation; you ordered on the basis there'd be free shipping.

hutlock, GentleSenator and Patanoia like this.
  5. TxRangersFan

Progress!! 12 ordered, 3 canceled, shipping labels printed for 8. Only 1 unaccounted for at this point.

hutlock likes this.
  6. hutlock

Nice! They must be making headway!

7. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

It's been 20 days now and my order still has not shipped.

8. UnknownEric

UnknownEric did not put the ram in the rama-lama-ding-dong

Ah ha, good news. Almost 3 weeks later, 4 of my 5 CDs have shipped. Huzzah!

hutlock and Patanoia like this.
  9. TxRangersFan

Yay!! 2 shipments for 8 of 12 items (4 were cancelled) are with USPS and on their way.

UnknownEric likes this.
  10. cut-out

cut-out Forum Resident

Shockingly, 3 out of 4 lps arrived today—three days ahead of the tracking info!

samwisefan and UnknownEric like this.
  11. hutlock

Got a notice from my credit card that RT is charging me for something… but no tracking notice or anything else updated on the site so I have no idea what it is or when I’ll get it. WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!

superstar19 and GentleSenator like this.
  12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

man, the comedown from this shopping high sure is a bumpy one.

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  13. hutlock

HAHAHAHAHA

Well my first two LPs showed up today, even though they were “shipped” a week apart from each other. Surprise!

14. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

It's been 26 days now and no sign of my order shipping. They've also stopped responding to my emails. I've been a huge fan of Rough Trade over the years and have ordered many records from them because they had great customer service and would always ship things out quickly, but this is probably the last for me.

15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what kind of exchange were you having until they stopped responding? i know they use an actual customer service ticketing system so they'd have to make extra effort to just ghost someone!

16. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I emailed them for clarification a few days after placing the order, after they sent me an email with the subject line "We have had to cancel your order," even though it looked like just one of the two items had been canceled. They confirmed a day or two later that the other item would indeed ship soon. Then, two weeks ago, I emailed them to ask if it was going to ship soon, and it was then that I got the "Our warehouse is experiencing severe delays in their fulfillment procedures, resulting in a significant backlog of unfulfilled orders" reply. I then emailed them late last week to inquire about the order status again, but they aren't responding.

I seem to recall hearing that they were moving, I wonder if that has added to the delays.

GentleSenator likes this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

really sounds like great planning and execution all around by these guys!

18. Dan

Dan Senior Member

My order from 1/7 has a tracking number assigned, but hasn't shipped yet. A friend ordered about four days after I did and received his records yesterday.
    Patience is the key I guess.

19. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

I guess I won’t be getting my Virna Lindt CD; the other CD from the same order has shipped, though I never received a cancellation notice for Virna. Who knows.

20. hutlock

Bummer. Love Virna!!!

21. TxRangersFan

8 of 12 shipped and received. 67% filled at 50% discount; I’d do it again :agree:

22. hutlock

I’d do it again too buuuuuuuut…

Received two packages today completely unexpected (never got a Shipping message for either of them). Opened the boxes and it is most of but not quite all of my stuff. However there was ALSO a copy of the remastered LP of the Bluebells’ Sisters LP… which they had already shipped me.

On closer inspection, the Bluebells LP had another customer’s order number written on the sticker and even a prepaid USPS mailing label taped to the front, with that customer’s name and address and all on it.

Because I believe in good karma, I’m just going to pack this LP up in a new box, slap that prepaid label on and get it out to its rightful owner. I would hope someone would do that for me if the tables were turned.

Regardless, I’m hoping RT has learned some things about how they handle these giant sales internally.

23. hutlock

POST-SCRIPT:
    Just checked my orders on the RT site. Looks like one of the items that was supposed to be in this package was not there (but the Bluebells was) which is weird because the missing item is a CD and the Bluebells is an LP.

I don’t even know what to think at this point. S*** happens I guess.

SJP and samwisefan like this.
  24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That is a good Bluebells album, in the event you end up keeping it.

hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

got the bulk of my order yesterday and even with all of their apparent internal issues everything in this box was packed really well. i wish places like zia could figure how to do the same.

SJP likes this.