The Doors 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pats Radio, Jan 20, 2022.

1. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

if they owned them, they'd probably still be in print.

2. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

I heard there's going to be a Trent Reznor remix of the motorcycle from the Isle Of Wight show with newly recorded drums by John Densmore. :D

3. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Newly recorded or newly programmed?

sons of nothing likes this.
  4. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast Thread Starter

You’re free to leave. Nobody asked you come here or comment. Have a great day.

D-rock likes this.
  5. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

RSD = Vinyl = not interested

6. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident

The copyright information on the covers looks like they not just licensed but bought them (for a considerable amount). Otherwise it be something like (p) & (c) Rhino/Warner/whatever under exclusive license/licensed to The Doors Music Company. Of course I also don't know the contractual details.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  7. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

:o

HotblackDesiato likes this.
  8. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I would be shocked if The Doors purchased all of those concert multi-track reels. The cost would have been considerable, and they have a limited retail value at this point.

9. I asked him to come here and comment. Have a great day.

10. mikestar

mikestar Friendly Optimist

And I’m inviting everyone else to come here and comment.

11. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident

BMR started in 2000. That was before both the iPod and streaming, when basically every release had to be pressed, shipped and sold at thousands of retailers to make it available broadly. And it was before all these 'xxth anniversary super deluxe editions' which now flood the market in various configurations and colours. Warner didn't want to release the live albums regularly because they couldn't see a commercial value that justified these efforts (just like with the 2011 L.A. Woman box or the 2017 Strange Days box) so the Doors had to set up their own mail order label. What would keep away Warner from selling the rights if they wanted the stuff to remain stored in the vaults where it made no money because there was no fitting business model for a broad release? I wouldn't be surprised.

12. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

….So is there anything interesting to look forward to in the next monhs from the doors?

13. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Nothing much seems to be coming. Those safety tapes of studio outtakes they "bought" a few years ago (circumventing an EBay auction) haven't made their way to a release, and Robby Krieger has not mentioned them as coming in interviews for a couple of years, the Matrix tapes don't get mentioned any more, anything else is vague, at best. There are fan-sourced tapes of poor quality, bits and pieces of partial releases of dreadful audio quality -- they've already scraped the barrel. There is a modest chance of Dolby Atmos (surround) remixes of their catalog, that could be a thrill.

Dark Horse 77, J_D__ and steveharris like this.
  14. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

Let's go for the 55th anniversary SDE of Strange Days. Would be great if they release that 6th box.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  15. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

Never heard of them. Is their music any good?

500Homeruns likes this.
  16. Highly over-rated.

Soundslave, D-rock and EdwinM like this.
  17. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

2022 marks the 25th anniversary of The Doors' 4CD Box Set. My, how time flies! Hopefully there will be a celebratory super deluxe boxed set of the box that includes even more bs. I doubt I'm the only one looking forward to that bonus CD of "Jampot's Favorites".

:goodie:

18. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Really wish the 'entire' London Fog show, the first purposed LAW workshop CD box set and the last Concert with Jim, would all get released. Release all the BMR releases digitally too.

TheLoveDrags and Shawn like this.
  19. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

That would be awesome

The Elephant Man likes this.
  20. Kat Records

Is The Strange Days 50th Anniversary Box Set coming this year? finally! i've been waiting it for 5 years now

EdwinM likes this.
  21. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

The complete mosquito sessions on 12"/45rpm.

22. Front Row

Front Row Finding pleasure when annoying those with OCD.

More Door=More goodness!

23. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I gotta admit... the solos in this song are great!
    And...I sing this song in the evenings when the mosquitoes are molesting us in the backyard!
    :—)

24. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

What could there POSSIBLY be left in the vaults of the Morrison era at this point?

Unless someone has a decent tape of that live unreleased "Canyon" song, whatever it was called?

Seems like we're nearing the point where we've heard every studio utterance.

WolfSpear likes this.
  25. Kat Records

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

check here:
    THE DOORS Unreleased 1967/68/69 Studio Session Reels in the vaults

marklamb, Hep Alien, Shawn and 3 others like this.