Target Exclusive LP clearance

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Aug 21, 2020.

1. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Agreed. Like I said I have 2 Targets within a mile or so of house and I haven't gotten to either one. And one is 100 yards or so from a Barnes & Noble and I still haven't made the effort.

DailyHiFi likes this.
  2. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

None of these were marked down in any of the stores I visited. I mostly saw
    Rumours, Born In The USA, James Taylor's Greatest Hits, Eagles GH Vol. 1, What's Goin' On,
    a few Zeppelin titles including IV which was the single disc LP marked down to $27.99 from $34.99!
    Then I found out these copies were pressed with Jimmy Page's tears.

hutlock, Davidmk5 and JasonA like this.
  3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

Katy Perry SMILE LP (blue vinyl) w/bonus track $7.49
    Gibb Brothers 2LP (sea glass color vinyl) Songbook $7.79
    Elvis Presley LP (clear snowflake vinyl) Classic Christmas Album $5.39

Carrie Underwood LP (white vinyl) My Gift $19 (seems like it should have been discounted more) (maybe better discounts at other locations)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  4. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Saw a couple of those yesterday, as well as picture disc of Britney Spears first LP for $7.xx and Beyoncé’s album (one where she looks like an expressionless mannequin on the cover) for $8-9.

Didn’t buy any.

Davidmk5 and Tjazz like this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what a time to load up on some xmas music!

Davidmk5 likes this.
  6. Tjazz

AC/DC LP PWR UP (black vinyl) $10.49

7. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Forgot to mention - it was mentioned in another Target related thread - but there was a copy of a Target exclusive Bob Marley’s Exodus bundle (the album and a L size t-shirt). A shelf tag had the Target exclusive Exodus for $11.99, but it wasn’t clear whether there was a non-bundle “just album” Target exclusive Exodus or it was referring to the bundle. The bundle scanned at $39.99 at one of those self-check scanners, but I would think you could snap a pic of the shelf tag and get someone to price override it to the $11.99.

I already have Exodus, so didn’t pursue it, though a Marley t-shirt would have been fun enough.

8. joeym3

joeym3 Forum Resident

Are these LPs in a special sale section, and are they within the record section or somewhere else? Do they have the sale price listed on the LPs?

I brought a Gibb Brothers Songbook to a cashier, and was told it's $26.

9. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

It does vary by location, but recently I've found you have to hunt for the "clearance section" which is typically close by the normal section. It's usually on an endcap or on the end aisle (where all the other aisles terminate/meet) and there's usually a mishmash of books, video games, records all together and marked with clearance stickers. When they had a larger clearance of quite a few LPs, they were also in a different section, but in that case, it wasn't on an endcap with other types of items (as I think there were too many LPs to fit in a miscellaneous clearance section).

The best thing is to ask a sales associate and they can usually point you in the right direction. If someone says they don't know, ask another. :)

joeym3 likes this.
  10. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

Got the following from Target the last few weeks:

Exodus: $11.99
    GoGo’s Greatest: $6.59
    Gibb Bros: $7.59
    Britney Pic disc: $11.99
    Stax Sampler: $10.59

11. hype

hype Forum Resident

Great info but i've personally had horrible experience trusting any Target or especially Walmart employee to point me in the direction of anything that's not blatantly obvious. I know my local Target had one close by the Vinyl section which I asked an employee when all these sales started if there were any more clearance sections that might have records.. He bluntly told me that the one I looked at was the only one for music. I went back a few months later and found out there was another one kind of hidden a bit about 10 isles the opposite direction which I missed and they supposedly have had for quite awhile (Found a Rolling Stones in there but it looked heavily picked over). Worst of all this is where they usually put all the clearance vinyl a different employee told me :doh:

Who knows what I missed out on but i'd suggest looking a bit yourself or asking a second employee somewhere else even if you do get an answer. I told that original employee about the second spot and he just said "oh true" and walked the opposite direction...

hutlock likes this.
  12. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

My store had FIVE copies of the Go-Go's Greatest and all of them scanned for $21.99 each. :shrug:

13. The Elephant Man

AC/DC Highway To Hell LPs were $7 and some change at my store. Eagles Greatest Hits was $4.99. The UPC was coming up as an unknown item, so the associate priced it at $4.99.
    That was fine by me.

About a month or two ago, at a local Target, Bob Marley's Exodus box w/ t-shirt was under $20. They sold out of them. This past week, the same store had about 5 copies of the box and they were all priced at their normal price. It's completely hit or miss.

14. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

The Elephant Man likes this.
  15. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

I checked these three and the newest AC/DC at a store last night - all were full price. I actually got the Go-Go's LP for the clearance price last month at a different store but figured I'd check.

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Same thing for me, right down to getting Go-Go’s at a different store LOL. I’m going to hit up that store later today to see if the others are marked down there now. I’m itching for that Stax comp.

BadJack likes this.
  17. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

Same here. I was in one store last month that had probably 15 of them and I was surprised that they weren't on clearance.

hutlock likes this.
  18. Tjazz

Just saw some 3LP George Harrison boxes (2021) marked as clearance $70 down to $50.

Thesmellofvinyl, mur, hutlock and 4 others like this.
  19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I was at my local target this afternoon and the Christmas albums were all on clearance. One that stood out was Steve Perry at $12.49 which is a decent price that very well could go lower if they sit on these for much longer. I got a copy during the holiday season for $15 & change and it was barely worth that as the album is practically EP length. Still, for $12.49, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I didn't own it already.
    [​IMG]
    Steve Perry – The Season
    Label: Fantasy – FAN01511
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Red
    Released: Nov 5, 2021
    Genre: Pop
    Style:

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

must....resist...

Tjazz, hutlock and SJP like this.
  21. The Elephant Man

This isn’t a Target exclusive, but…
    I just saw the Bad Brains Live at CBGB’s 1982 LP in Target.
    What the hell is going on in this world???!!!

:—)

Patanoia, Walt, JasonA and 2 others like this.
  22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

WOW. I would bet that was something ordered online and then returned to the store. I have found similarly odd (for Target!) titles are one of the stores by me pretty often—Vanessa Paradis, Isobel Campbell, etc.

23. The Elephant Man

Very good point...I never thought about it being a return. Vanessa and Isobel are excellent finds for a Target!

24. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Forum Resident

While it may be online ordered items being returned in some cases, it's apparently something else at least at Walmart. I found the Barnes & Noble Doors 13 blue splatter exclusive at a local Wal-Mart last year and just last week I found Def Leppard's red High N Dry and a copy of Eminem's Slim Shady Urban Outfitters purple exclusive from 2019...at Walmart! At Target last month I found the colored versions of Wings Over America and U2's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. One other thing is one local Target had some non-Christmas related albums in the clearance section. Got the 4LP Sheryl Crow at the Ryman for $8.39.

25. Tjazz

Check out your local TARGET for clearance christmas LPs. Ebay has some discounted LPs, so there's probably some markdowns at Target.

Norah Jones
    Kacey Musgrave
    Pistol Annie
    Motown 1's

popscene likes this.