The Doors 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pats Radio, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

I forsee a box set of all the talk of "what's to come" with claims by Jeff Jampol, Robbie Krieger and some guy who claims to have the inside track on this stuff but can't even make oblique clues as to what or when, presented in stereo, mono and 5.1 surround. Photos of tape boxes on heavy stock lithographs, plus an x-ray of a squirming toad. Certificate of authenticity by "The Spy".

2. anytimecowboy

anytimecowboy Groovy

I spoke to genisis publications toda, they said they won't be shipping until the end of February at the earliest

Kat Records, D-rock and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

well, they are mixing the Doors catalogue in oto Dolby Atmos (as posted in John Densmore fb), so we'll get Blu RAy Audio?

4. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I hope the books are autographed.

anytimecowboy likes this.
  5. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Senior Member

6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Shawn and ssmith3046 like this.
  7. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Better to burn out than fade away.

minkahed, Shawn and D-rock like this.
  8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

We're due for a Doors of the 20th Century reunion. This time John can join since Ray can't make it.

9. They’re waiting on Jim and Ray.

mestreech and The Elephant Man like this.
  10. murch

murch Forum Resident

I doubt there will be a physical release of Atmos mixes - likely tidal and apple music will carry them. If the Atmos mix of riders on the storm (only one that's been released so far) is anything to go on, they will be very different from the 40th surround mixes.

Shawn and Soundslave like this.
  11. Mojo7575

Mojo7575 Forum Resident

Everybody knows that everything has been released - everything that has any substance or value for the diehard collector at least. That leaves cosmetics in the form of updating and expanding "Absolutely Live" into a packed 2 cd Deluxe Edition. The original version, while excellent, has no songs from "Morrison Hotel" because it was released around the same time. A new approach is needed and songs like Roadhouse Blues, Ship Of Fools and Peace Frog must be part of it. Build Me A Woman should be from one source including all lyrics and with two packed cds, there should be room for Light My Fire as well.
    Absolutely Live was a near perfect album at its release, containing several new songs and avoiding the "Greatest Hits" temptations. But this is 50 years later and an opportunity to compile a kick-ass double cd with the Doors greatest live performances. Absolutely Live is the framework, now it just needs some fine tuning:
    CD ONE: Roadhouse Blues>Break On Through>Ship Of Fools>Celebration Of The Lizard>Universal Mind>Peace Frog>Blue Sunday>When The Music's Over
    CD TWO: Been Down So Long> Alabama Song>Backdoor Man>Love Hides>Five To One>Dead Cats, Dead Rats>Build Me A Woman>Light My Fire>You Make Me Real>Wild Child>Soul Kitchen>Who Do You Love

12. anytimecowboy

anytimecowboy Groovy

They are supposed to be aren't they. I think the delay isn't concerning, it's just a typical issue with this publisher due to the nature of their products

13. anytimecowboy

anytimecowboy Groovy

Maybe they have sold Jim and Ray's likeness to Disney for a deepfake, uncanny valley, CGI hologram event

14. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

The Atmos news is interesting as it means they currently have access to the album 1-5 multitracks. Some hardcore fans think the Rothchild estate kept key tapes since mid 90's and only let them access for Perception and Hollywood Bowl patches circa 2006. Sunset LAW song "demo" being another recent key tape.

Fillmore East
    Matrix 2 unheard instrumentals and full running order/song breaks heard for the first time
    Alternates takes from the first 4 albums are untouched(all alt take Jim vocals mainly)
    Copenhagen full x 2
    More early Sunset LAW songs.
    New Orleans
    More poetry audio
    Longer FOF concert clips matched with period live audio
    Seattle/Bakersfield proper mastered
    Many remaining BMA newly re-done like the Aquarius 1 RSD vinyl.
    Instrumental American Prayer and a few other Jim free Doors tracks.
    Doors 21C on home video if HD concert exists(I know few will agree)
    Densmore/Manzarek audiobooks should be more widely available. Did Kreiger do one?

There's production delays in lots of industries. Is this the version with the 45, because pressing that could be an issue and might be best to mail that at a later date.

Hep Alien, reverendjim and Shawn like this.
  15. anytimecowboy

anytimecowboy Groovy

Well I spoke to a company representative on the phone and specifically asked if there were manufacturing delays and he said
    'not as such, I don't know if you have bought one of our projects before but the slightest obstacle in assembly can hold us up as the books are very finicky being that they are all completely hand crafted.'

That's just what he said

D-rock likes this.
  16. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Seems that industry standard is streaming for these rather than physical.

Its a shame that the bean counters don't have much of an eye for the collectors market then bang on about lack of sales, a good product will sell period.

The beanies would rather not issue something because they will not make a loss than take a risk and make the occasional big profit

Kat Records likes this.
  17. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

HWY ? Where’s that?

marklamb likes this.
  18. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

As long as it's not Gold Ray audio... (I'll show myself out now :targettiphat:)

[​IMG]

Quasimodo, Shawn and murch like this.
  19. murch

murch Forum Resident

There is one cool track on this album, as silly as that cover is - "the moorish idol"

20. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Senior Member

I love the whole album. It's got Larry Carlton, Tony Williams, and Jerry Scheff!

klockwerk, JEM512, ArpMoog and 4 others like this.
  21. Both essential sets.

22. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

Don't forget "Solar Boat", man!

steviebee likes this.
  23. somebodynothing1000

somebodynothing1000 Forum Resident

I like the title track.

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  24. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Agreed.