Obi-Wan Kenobi, May 25 on Disney Plus

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BeatleJWOL, Mar 9, 2022.

1. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE Thread Starter

[​IMG]

First-look Obi-Wan photos tease an off-world mission for the lone Jedi
    More photos from Entertainment Weekly: See exclusive first look photos of 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'

and of course, Star Wars fans are already mad: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/ta8aee/official_images_from_obiwan_kenobi/

2. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

How they don’t release this on May the 4th boggles my mind.

3. I’m in for the ride.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  4. BeatleJWOL

Given the choice I'd rather not wait :D

5. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Anyone ever wonder how Obi Wan changed his name to “Old Ben” Kenobi presumably to remain undiscovered but didn’t worry that the last name would be any kind of giveaway?

6. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

"You don't need to see my identification. I'm not the Kenobi you're looking for..."

Stormrider77, Shawn and omikron like this.
  7. BeatleJWOL

Honestly the fact that he went back to Tatooine to hide Luke is a bigger forehead slapper then anything related to the name. I get it, he trusted the Lars family just like he trusted the Organa family, but still.

8. DonNylon

DonNylon Forum Resident

I'm stoked for this. Hoping Disney brings some objective quality to this production versus the controversy it faced after the first few movies after they bought Star Wars. Plus I'm just excited to see Ewan on the big screen again...feel's like I've needed a where are they now update on him lol.

omikron likes this.
  9. Hey, now this is the most intriguing Star Wars spin-off yet.

McGregor really did become the young Obi-Wan, etched in my brain, even if the prequels were south of cheese.

I'm in for this.

10. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

The first trailer is out today too!

11. BeatleJWOL

Maclunkey.

Very excited!

12. FACE OF BOE

FACE OF BOE Forum Resident

Obi Wan perched on a rocky formation viewing young Luke at the Lars homestead. But there were no rocky formations near the homestead. It’s just plain desert in every direction.

mx20, omikron and EVOLVIST like this.
  13. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Just A Flea-Bit Peanut Monkey

Looking forward to this.

14. BeatleJWOL

[​IMG]

15. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

Because Star Wars was released on May 25th. Trying to keep the tradition alive I suppose.

JohnG, EVOLVIST and BeatleJWOL like this.
  16. Voodoo Child

May 25th is the 45th anniversary of Star Wars first being released. I suppose they decided that that was the better date of the two.

JohnG, EVOLVIST and BeatleJWOL like this.
  17. Voodoo Child

There's too many of these inconsistentsies in Star Wars, which is why I believe that the whole Vader is Luke's father, despite what they say officially, was thought up during the making of Empire.

18. BeatleJWOL

I can see that. At the very least, it wasn't in the story George was telling when writing the first Star Wars. Whether it was an idea that existed in his head and just didn't make it into the first film, I guess we'll never know.

enro99 and Voodoo Child like this.
  19. Screw the rocks, though! I want to know how they made Mark Hamill so little! :p

mds, spindly, Dr. J. and 2 others like this.
  20. BeatleJWOL

Plot twist: it's actually a de-aged Jake Lloyd.

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

One big mistake: there are Roman alphabetic characters and Arabic numerals visible in the background signs, and Lucas went to great lengths to change this to "alien" lettering in the films he re-did in the early 2000s. He insisted -- with some logic -- that beings from hundreds of thousands of years ago wouldn't be using familiar graphics similar to what humans have today.

In fact, he wasn't 100% certain our lead characters in Star Wars were human: I asked about a toilet on-board the Millenium Falcon, and he shrugged and said, "maybe aliens wouldn't need conventional toilets." But then he laughed heartily, so who knows?

22. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

LUKE
    It just isn't fair. Oh, Biggs is right. I'm never gonna get out of here!

THREEPIO
    Is there anything I might do to help?

---Luke glances at the battered robot. A bit of his anger drains and a tiny smile creeps across his face. ---

LUKE

Well, not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock!

THREEPIO

I don't think so, sir. I'm only a droid and not very knowledgeable about such things. Not on this planet, anyways. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure which planet I'm on.

LUKE
    Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from.

THREEPIO

I see, sir.

It amuses me on some level that YET AGAIN they return to that planet that is farthest from the bright center of the universe.

I am curious to see how this turns out. They will have to tread carefully here. Bringing Vader into the mix can be tricky.

What are they going to meet over coffee to discuss custody arrangements? Two estranged friends reminiscing on old times?

Regardless I think Ewan was and still is a good pick for Obi and I look forward to seeing how this pans out.

23. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Inquisitors :D

Dr. J. likes this.
  24. Wives. :whistle:

25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

they are really using up that whole star wars franchise thing aren't they.

sooner of later every character will have their own film.