Light in the Attic Records still around?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by havenz, Mar 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. havenz

havenz Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi Everyone!
    I'm looking for any current information about this label / record seller.

I pre-ordered a record from them back in July and it finally arrived last Saturday. Unfortunately, sides A / B of this 2xLP (Freestyle Fellowship's "Innercity Griots") were completely crunched, like something happened when the stamper cut the excess vinyl - see image below. There was even a chunk of vinyl in the sleeve. I get that these thangs happen, especially in today's record pressing world, but I would definitely like to get a replacement or a refund as it was a $43 record.

I've reached out to them via email and social media (insta, FB) but have yet to receive a response after a full week. I've also tried calling all of the phone numbers on the website and all are disconnected.

Does anyone know if this company is still operating? Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info!

[​IMG]

2. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

Still in business I believe; have posted on Twitter and YouTube this month.

3. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

4. havenz

This was kind of my hunch. I'm starting to think that they just aren't feeling compelled to honor my purchase by providing a refund for a defective product because the money is in their pockets permanently now. The order date was well-beyond both PayPal and my credit cards purchase guarantees. The whole situation feels downright unethical.

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Order a 2nd one and return the 1st one for a refund, as having been damaged in the mail. Unethical too but... if they refuse to act, that's the only way I can think of it to end up with a good copy without spending more coin.

astro70 likes this.
  6. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Sounds like they imploded by not refunding that mess.

7. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Great album, but that looks terrible. Situations like this are why I hate pre-orders. Who pressed this thing?

Now, was your card charged immediately or when it shipped out to you? That could be important.

I would contact PayPal anyway, preferably by phone.

One more thing: if all else fails, contact the record label that released the record. That should be "Be With Records" who have a site and do respond to email IME. I doubt they would want their customers to be receiving vinyl that looks like that.

havenz likes this.
  8. havenz

Thanks for the insight! My card was charged immediately, unfortunately. I’ve contacted PayPal by phone and they couldn’t / wouldn’t do anything because it was outside the 180 days coverage they offer. I may try again.

I also just sent off an email to Be With. Hopefully they will help me out. I’m just so frustrated with this label. I’ve never had this kind of experience before where a record company just outright ignores a customer who got a bum record.

For anyone reading, proceed with caution when dealing with this label.

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

try calling their record shop in seattle to see if they can connect you with the right folks:

10. havenz

I did, also disconnected.

11. havenz

Update! I contacted Be With Records and they are going to send me a replacement. I am so happy that the record label is helping me here. In their response, the label also expressed disappointment in Light in the Attic’s lack of customer service.

I’m just super psyched that the label stands behind their product when the seller refuses to do so. Big thanks Be With Records!!!

MC Rag likes this.
  12. havenz

I’m also noticing this message could be misread as me being frustrated with Be With. I am not. They are awesome.

Light in the Attic is also a label. They are who I am frustrated with.

13. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Glad you're getting a replacement. I stopped buying from them because their customer service is horrible.

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. AlmostMusic

AlmostMusic Active Member

It really is terrible. I'm going through it right now with a "Lee and Nancy" record that was supposed to ship a month ago. Still no record and only 1 email reply with no solution. All phone numbers (label and store) are disconnected. What is happening over there?

Dreaddazzman likes this.
  15. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Probably out of business.

16. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

18. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Definitely not. They have been putting out vinyl and CDs for their Nancy Sinatra reissue series lately. I actually just got Nancy with Lee Hazlewood the other day which I plan to play tomorrow morning as a perfect Sunday morning coffee album.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  19. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Laurie Anderson has picked them to put out unreleased Lou material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.