Neil Young Archives - Forthcoming Physical Release Information & Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mbd77, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i got in mint condition probably in 2019 for $95, the cd version

m_y_t_h, supermd and Sean like this.
  2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

You know that the first three LPs in the new box, "Hawks and Doves"; "Reactor"; and "This Notes for You" were released a few years ago on vinyl and are still available. I have them and they are indicated to be remastered from the original Analog Tapes. So the only reason for me to get the box, which I'm not, is to get the Eldorado release.

Here are links to Amazon for the already released vinyl releases:

https://www.amazon.com/Hawks-Doves-...&sprefix=neil+young++hawks,popular,184&sr=1-2

https://www.amazon.com/Re-ac-tor-Ne...sprefix=neil+young+reactor,popular,333&sr=1-3

https://www.amazon.com/This-Notes-Y...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1648039385&sr=1-2

3. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

I'm in the same position except that I also picked up the Japanese CD of Eldorado through Discogs a few months ago so the only reason for me is to get Eldorado on vinyl.

4. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

I’d also say Hawks and Doves and Reactor are easy to find on original vinyl relatively cheap..£5 in the used bins normally

5. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Yep. Found both in nice shape in the last 12 months myself and acquired. Also picked up a clean copy of Comes A Time and Life a couple weeks ago. I've had Trans for years. Just waiting for a copy of Old Ways and Landing On Water to float my way.

I passed on the Shocking Pinks disc I saw as it was roughed up and never really gave a second thought to This Notes For You to want to buy it again. Listening to my CD copy once a decade is more than enough.

I never got into gobbling up reissue vinyl so much as I enjoy still hunting for the originals in shops.

Gavaxeman and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All! Thread Starter

Showing up on U.K. Amazon now -

[​IMG]

jay.dee, WarEagleRK, mgb70 and 6 others like this.
  7. Mbd77

:righton::righton::righton::righton::righton::righton:

richierichie likes this.
  8. ET3311

ET3311 Careful with that axe, Roy.

9. Mbd77

10. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

That Journey sounds sublime. Damn it Neil…

Sean, Boswell, ET3311 and 2 others like this.
  11. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Forum Resident

I hope they keep the majority of the stage banter on the bottom line recording. I’m sure they will cut some of it though.

12. Jack

Jack Senior Member

All three up at Bull Moose. $24.98 each.

13. Mbd77

Two more tracks up at the Archives site but no pre-order there yet.

The Tracks are “Revolution Blues” from the Bottom Line and “Don’t Let It Bring You Down” from Dorothy Chandler.

14. Wild Frank

Wild Frank Forum Resident

Random interesting fact tied to the name of the famous, and now officially forthcoming, bootleg. In England Manchester City's nickname is the Citizens. Back in the day (1961-1972) they had a player called Neil Young playing for them.

Nowadays they are a very wealthy and successful club but back then they were a bit Shakey.

15. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Forum Resident

The bootleg I have of the bottomline show is 2 LPs with a few extra songs on it, but I think those were recorded at a different time

really hope the cleaned up audio will be worth the extra purchase. I can see him keeping the honey sliders story but removing the southern man story.

considering it’s only 1 LP something likely is cut.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Mbd77

On first listening to “Revolution Blues” it sounds as if it might’ve undergone a demix to separate channels and some of the audience and room noise lowered.

bonus and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

That sounds incredible.

ARK, bonus and ET3311 like this.
  18. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Stupid question, potentially, but is there a track listing anywhere for the three new Bootleg Series releases? I can’t seem to find them!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

20. Komakino___

Komakino___ It's tiring, roaming these halls...

Does anyone know if these upcoming shows are complete or are they missing songs from the respective nights like other archive releases?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

All three releases are complete. You can check the set lists with the Sugar Mountain site:

Neil Young

:righton:

Also — maybe of interest — the Love In Mind on the Royce Hall set is the performance that was used for the Time Fades Away album!

22. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Just ordered all three from amazon on CD for $14.96 each.

Maurice and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. 24JGM

24JGM Forum Resident

Also "The Needle and the Damage Done" from Harvest and "Heart of Gold" from Archives Vol. 1.

24. Komakino___

Komakino___ It's tiring, roaming these halls...

I take it the "Bootleg" series are complete shows whereas the "Performance" series are incomplete shows, though you ask me I'd rather all shows from now on be complete shows unless there is something seriously wrong with the recordings.

Also that reminds me I need to get Time Fades Away, one of the few 70s Neil albums I do not own.

DmitriKaramazov and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Forum Resident

Are the track lengths available anywhere ?