uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I wonder if the order minimum is $22. Or maybe $222. Or maybe $2,222.

Matthew Tate and via_atx like this.
  2. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

You are trying to use it on an item that is excluded.

WesB and via_atx like this.
  3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

What's the coupon?

4. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

They sent a unique coupon code by email.

5. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

^^^This^^^

…And they aren’t always clear about which items are excluded. The item should have a sentence in the description that says “not eligible for further discounts”, but it’s not always there. This generally applies to new releases.

WesB and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Really? I always see it, but I guess I wouldn’t really notice if it was not there either.

7. JcC

JcC Well-Known Member

I believe the coupons are issued according to your status on their store. bronze, gold, platinum and so on. I tried to use one of the codes posted above and got the "minimum order amount" message. At the time I had over $300 worth of stuff in the cart. I tried that code because it was for a bigger discount than the one I received in an e-mail. When that failed I put in my code and it worked.
    I am at gold status so I'm pretty sure they mean "you have not spent enough money here to use that code". I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure someone will be more than happy to point it out.

8. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

Yeah. I noticed it on the 30th anniversary Achtung Baby record. It wouldn't let me apply the discount. Then a couple of days later they added the note saying not eligible for discounts.

hutlock likes this.
  9. killerofgiants

killerofgiants Forum Resident

Looks like the $5 sign up bonus might be gone

WesB and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. throwingthings

throwingthings Well-Known Member

11. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

And to think I only got to use it 10-15 times.

hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  12. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

It was hard work gathering those.

hutlock, GentleSenator and WesB like this.
  13. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Anyone else get Cancelled on the Marvin gaye reissue that was pushed back ?
    Some items in your order have been refunded

What's Going On 50th Anniversary (2LP)

They refunded as a giftcard .....

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to fulfill The Marvin Gaye - What's Going On 50th Anniversary (2LP) in your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

14. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Yep - been chasing them for a week. Today got refund email, and 20% discount code as apology.
    I ordered same day pre-order went up. Item was available to order for months afterwards.
    And I missed out.

Largest music company in the world.
    Twats couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

mrjinks and Davidmk5 like this.
  15. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Same thing here ...did the pre-order after it went up & got the 20% off code ...Unreal .

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. killerofgiants

That's so weird - was it the deluxe or standard? I bought the deluxe last week and it shipped almost immediately.

hutlock and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Wow that sucks I fortunately got one with the 20% discount.

But UDiscover has pissed me off on the Marley Exodus half speed they won't send it to me because they are waiting on the Jamaican Catch a Fire to be done even though it has been a year and a half.

I have offered to pay shipping

At this point I'm not bugging them if their policy now is to just cancel orders which is crappy

Also Amazon still has the 50th if you are looking for one

Davidmk5 likes this.
  18. hutlock

Same. I do remember that I preordered the deluxe during the last sitewide sale and I chose it because it had the standard version marked as Sold Out at the time. So it definitely did sell out the allocation before release date anyway.

But I agree—very odd indeed that they didn’t even fulfill preorders AND cancelled.

GentleSenator and Davidmk5 like this.
  19. killerofgiants

uDiscover/SoundOfVinyl is truly a hit or miss, sometimes you'll get something extremely fast and well packed or you'll get it months later banging around in a huge box (or you won't get it at all and have to deal with their support). Between that and the signup trick that worked for a very long time, they are definitely one of the oddest online stores I've used.

hutlock and Davidmk5 like this.
  20. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

The regular 2-lp $40 version , which looking at reviews on Amazon i may have dodged a bullet , the packaging & pressing are a mess sadly .

I'll be curious how your pressing is , Hopefully it's Amazing .

Thanks for the Heads up ! I almost ordered from Amazon last night til i read the reviews . 80% of the Vinyl reviews are bad pressing & some peopl had had 2 & 3 copies all the same .
    Real bummer as i was looking forward to this one .

21. hype

hype Forum Resident

It seems like people that have the equipment to get the static taken care of and give it a deep clean with a VPI especially will mostly all have great experiences with the pressing in the end because Kevin Gray knocked the mastering job out of the park without a doubt!

Saying that, it's absolutely ridiculous to put so much effort in giving this a proper great mastering and an absolutely beautiful presentation with the jacket (extras are a nice touch as well if you get the deluxe) only to put the vinyl in overly tight static charged and easily record scratching paper inners!

I had to take my time and get the static settled down just to get the records safely out of the inner sleeves which is something I pretty much never have to do with any releases period to this extent at least. Then when I got them out all 4 sides were filthy and dusty but luckily I have a VPI so I was able to get them nice and perfectly clean. Most people in the hobby aren't spending all the extra money on this stuff though and shouldn't have to just to get the vinyl playable brand new. I can imagine many peoples vinyl were covered in small surface scratches/scuffs and then still had dust/vinyl debris that gave them much of the pops/noise you're reading about. Also, using GZ to press is def. not ideal either.

Personally for me though, this is easily one of my favorite reissues of the last few years and have nothing bad to say about it once I got it clean. It's def. not a "bad pressing" at all just some critically botched decisions on the inner sleeves and deciding to go with GZ to press it.

22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thanks for taking the time on the Detailed review of what's going on , Much appreciated :edthumbs:

hype and hutlock like this.
  23. hutlock

Yeah, always nice when someone can tell you what’s going on with What’s Going On.

:hide:

24. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Today I decided to use my 1,699 reward points along with a coupon to snag an item they had. Imagine my surprise when I found out I that I couldn't apply all the points at once...but I had to do so in 100 point increments. Every time I cashed in 100 of those points, they emailed me a separate reward voucher. It was great fun getting 16 emails from them...18 if you count the order notification and shipping emails.:sigh:

Davidmk5, hutlock and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. hutlock

Wow really?! That did not happen the last time I cashed points in. Strange!