Amazon sends wrong record, I have to deliver it to them for refund?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ron/asheton, Apr 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron/asheton

ron/asheton Forum Resident Thread Starter

Got the wrong record from prime, their fault. Just looked at the return steps and it sounds I have to deliver it to a hub to get a refund.

Are you kidding me?

All those trucks and they can't pick it up for the return since it's their fault??

cwitt1980 likes this.
  2. Musick

Musick Forum Resident

3. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

Newsflash: Amazon sucks.

Myke likes this.
  4. peteham

peteham Senior Member

Complain hard, they’ll let you keep it, but still refund you.

astro70, Jrr, BluesOvertookMe and 2 others like this.
  5. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Call them, or better: have them call you.
    Customer service is usually very good. You can sort this out much faster that way.

AnalogJ likes this.
  6. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

I once recieved a shipment (2 LP's & 4 CD's) for someone in Brazil which is quite a distance from Western Australia.
    They weren't to my tastes so I gave them to a guy at work.

7. ron/asheton

ron/asheton Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks I hope you're right.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  8. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

You're within your rights to complain. But my experience with their delivery process is that drop and run. Likely to make deliveries within a timeframe. I've hear the door bell ring and walked to the door and the truck is gone. My walk is shorter than the distance down the driveway, and by a lot. And trust me backing down my drive way isn't happening. USPS actually reverses down my driveway and I get to the door before the carrier gets into car. So they are running or at least jogging. I completely get the "well it's not my fault" argument. But I do think the lockers and even a drop off at a UPS store is a good policy. And in these situations, an exchange is the normal procedure. With an exchange, you get an immediate reorder and you only pay for the replacement if you miss a 30 day window to drop it off. I will say that Covid should be a consideration. A pickup requires wait time and actual human interaction. I'm not sure anybody is ready to implement a new procedure of this kind at this time. The trucks are fairly new and I don't think Amazon has nationwide coverage, so they might not have procedures for pick ups. I will state that Amazon is in the middle of unionization. And if you're to expect changes in procedures, your complaint is timely. This is going to be consideration in any collective bargaining agreement that has to be made. A pickup will take more time than it does to drop off a package.

I will say that Amazon has never done me wrong and I've been a Prime member since it's inception. Service has only improved. I'll grant that the recent packaging changes are a bit questionable. But their claims are that it reduces waste of natural resources is something I'm willing to support if their packaging improves with feedback from the customer base. I once had a printer sent to me when I ordered a laptop computer. In this situation, I wanted to discuss my return with someone in person. I requested a callback. I was given a call at the appointed time I requested and they made everything right. The laptop was delivered the next day. For me dropping the item off at the UPS store isn't a big deal. I pass by the store every day. Still it would be nice if some kind of pickup service was offered. I think an option with an appointed pickup time would be a good service improvement. I buy stuff from Amazon because I don't like trying to fit bulk purchase items into my car. If there were ever a return situation for these items, it would defeat the reasoning for my order in the first place.

OldShiftyEyes and AnalogJ like this.
  9. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Put the product back in the package and take it to your nearest UPS store. Once the return UPS tracking number is scanned, you’ll get your refund in a few hours. If they lose it during transit, not your fault. Judging from Google, you’ve several UPS stores in your area (Tempe, AZ). Or, call and complain more, get a replacement and maybe they’ll tell you to scrap the defective one.

Jonpd likes this.
  10. TheRunoutMatrix

TheRunoutMatrix I'm sticking with you, cause I'm made out of glue.

This. It works, trust me. Come up with reasons why going through the process of taking it to a hub is incredibly inconvenient for you, then get on the phone and stick to your story.

The one weird (to me) thing about Amazon is that it's very simple to get a human being on the phone, at least here in Canada. Odd in today's world. Usually the bigger the company, the harder that process is.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  11. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

So they haven`t sent the album you ordered? Answer: contact Amazon either through `Chat` or get them to phone you back, either way you tell them you haven`t received your order which is true. They will fulfill your order.

The wrong album? Unless they contact you about it you keep it or gift it. If they do contact you, you tell them as that song goes: "If you want it here it is come and get it". I doubt you are obliged by U.S. law to return it, it is up to Amazon to come to you.

12. cdb3

cdb3 Forum Resident

Just go into the original order details - click on return order and complete the information - they will sort it out. It's very unlikely you will have to return the item. I presume it's the same in the US as the UK.

13. idledreamer

idledreamer Still idle

I must be very lucky, I've ordered tons off Amazon (a few records but mostly CD's) and have never ever had an issue. I probably just jinxed it :hide:

14. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

If you complain enough and shout really really really loud at the person on the other end of the phone Jeff Bezos will personally come outta your house and collect the offending package from you, and hand deliver the correct order.

The minimum wage minion who sent the incorrect order will be flogged in the middle of the warehouse and it will be streamed on Amazon Prime.

Everybody wins.

Johnta7 and showtaper like this.
  15. JoeDea

JoeDea Forum Resident

I have found them to be pretty good on returns. I just dropped things off at a local pick up point when Amazon went me a QR code. Didn't cost me and the refund game through minutes after the code was scanned. I bought Qudrophenia and some art work was missing. I started a chat to ask if it could be sent and they refunded me the money instead.

16. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I mean this will all humility, and without wanting to sound too critical or indulge in a personal attack. Truly.

But man, some people have been so pampered these days, so spoiled, that the smallest inconvenience gets them upset. Mistakes happen. Things go wrong. No-one intends it to be this way, but it's real life. When they do, we're likely going to be bothered by it, depending on what it is and our intent for it. But Amazon offer you a lax return policy, and many people take advantage of it. Given items have monetary value, they could hardly make it easier for you.

The people that deliver your Prime orders are not employees of Amazon (at least in the UK). They are people on casual contracts. They don't have a way to take returns and feed them back into the system. Why is that difficult to understand?

The process is simple. You go to a specified location with the item. You scan the QR code and they automatically print a return label. You put the label on your package, and the return is free. Within hours of your doing this, you are either refunded or a replacement item is sent out. Often they'll send the replacement giving you 30 days to get the incorrect item in the mail. Yet this isn't good enough?

I sometimes wonder how some would have survived in the 1970's. If you returned something back then you had to have a good reason to do so. If the item was damaged you might have wait for a new copy to come in, and that could be days or weeks. You'd have to constantly visit the store to check. :D

Apologies if this sounds harsh, but it seems to me that consumers today are incredibly demanding. From getting refunds because you decide a mastering isn't to you liking, or deciding that given the content you probably paid too much, to not understanding that mistakes happen. It's a new world!

mackat, Johnta7, Graham and 7 others like this.
  17. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Now with late deliveries,lost and damaged items they want to add 5 percent extra starting 4/28 for the privilege.
    I am out and will stay with MD and AS.

18. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Has nothing to do with items sold/shipped by amazon, it is a surcharge for third-party sellers. Do people even read the articles anymore or just the headline?

quicksrt, Adam6437 and lv70smusic like this.
  19. masterbucket

Charge will be passed on to buyer as it is across the board.

20. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Please read my post again.

21. masterbucket

22. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Again, you're missing my point and the actual story here - IT ONLY APPLIES TO THIRD-PARTY SELLERS.

One more time, IT ONLY APPLIES TO THIRD-PARTY SELLERS.

If those sellers choose to pass on fees, and I don't doubt they will, that's up to them.

But this doesn't affect anything you buy that is sold and shipped by amazon.

23. masterbucket

At ease soldier....... you must be having a bad day.:shrug:
    Not a huge issue really.

24. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

So the impact of this is limited to people using the "Fulfilled by Amazon" service. That's a relatively small number, isn't it? Most third-party sales I've done are from individuals, and they don't use "Fulfilled by Amazon". Passing on increases due to inflation are..... well, normal, right? Every business is going to do that.

25. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

One correction - from what I understand, only third-party seller using "Fulfilled by Amazon". This is a minority in the UK, not sure about the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.