Pink Floyd new song - “Hey Hey Rise Up”*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Alan Driscoll, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

Despite wishing the reverse to be true, generally it is not the opinions but the hostile way they are framed that get people "in trouble" online.
    You see, calling other forum users names like, "whiny poster" or questioning their maturity by claiming that they went, "crying to daddy" is unproductive at best, and menacing at worst. It doesn't further your potential "controversial" viewpoints, it just makes other users feel that they are being attacked. As soon as someone goes ad hominem I tune out, and rarely ever gain enough respect for them to ever take what they have to say on any topic seriously. Ad hominem attacks, immediately disqualifies the user - in my eyes. And yes, if I was the recipient of an name calling attack, I would report it to the gorts. I have not, do not, and will not engage in name calling.

markreed, NunoBento, NasuTek and 4 others like this.
  2. Mickey2

Mickey2 Forum Resident

Any insults or name-calling that occurred within the context of this event was initiated by others in my direction, I assure you. The only difference is that I didn’t play tattletale and make an issue out of it. I just threw my own punches back and then got labeled a trouble maker in response. So it goes. The squeaky wheel… as it were.

Choba b CCCP and Elliottmarx like this.
  3. Yeah. Not whiny at all.:laugh:

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  4. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

:shh: it's gotten quiet here.......

the video just went over 9 million views on youtube .... I've no idea how awesome that is by youtube standards.

Encourage everyone to buy the download.
    just checking: is there really only the mp3 ?

Really curious how much money this song project has actually generated for Ukraine aid.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    Billy_Sunday, croquetlawns and Grant like this.
  5. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Nope, it's also available in CD quality and hi-res.

WhatDoIKnow and Jagger69 like this.
  6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

meh

TaRag and Choba b CCCP like this.
  7. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I find it interesting that people (likely outside the UK) only get to know Nitin through his work with mainstream artists.

I'll count myself among the ignorant until I joined the club during the Sting-Desert Rose years. His song with Macca just sealed the deal.

8. JulesRules

9. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Still the same awful text design for the band name, I guess someone must have actually approved it

RAZORMADE likes this.
  10. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Nice little interview with David (ignore the clickbait title)

11. Pierrot Lunaire

Pierrot Lunaire Forum Resident

12. RAZORMADE

RAZORMADE I crawled out from the bottom in the dark...

I feel like I've seen the same Wall rip-off font on Italian bootlegs from the early '90s of the '87-'89 tour :tsk:

childerikov and aphexj like this.
  13. JulesRules

I trawled through Discogs after your post and found at least one that corroborates your theory:
    [​IMG]
    Now I wonder where that font originated.

EDIT: Well it was simpler than I thought. It's from the movie poster / cover for the Wall film:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    RAZORMADE likes this.
  14. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

^ Yes... but that is not a font, it's Gerald Scarfe's hand writing. Looks like they stretched it horizontally for the new single art — hence why it and all the merch looks so naff

childerikov likes this.
  15. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

They used it on tour shirts in 87

JulesRules likes this.
  16. NasuTek

NasuTek Doktor Kettu

Choba b CCCP likes this.
  17. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

To me Pink Floyd isn't Pink Floyd without Bob Klose. I haven't bought any Floyd albums since 1965.

18. Sex Lies And Master Tapes

Sex Lies And Master Tapes Gaulois réfractaire

:nyah:

19. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

Actually, that's not entirely true. David Gilmour and Nick Mason together own the rights to the Pink Floyd name.

This song takes some getting used to. The first time I heard Hey, Hey, Rise Up! the singing - being in Ukrainian - made the song sound a bit strange. But Andriy Khlyvnyuk's vocals have grown on me immensely since then. And Gilmour's guitar solo is sublime, as always. The only thing wrong with the song is that it isn't released on physical format.

20. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Pink Floyd
    @pinkfloyd

·
    1 min

Pink Floyd are releasing Hey Hey Rise Up with a newly reworked A Great Day For Freedom on 7" & CD single, 15 July (Japan: 3 Aug; US/Canada/Australia/Mexico: 21 Aug) in support of the people of Ukraine. April's digital release reached #1 in 27 countries.

The single, which was initially released digitally in April in support of the people of Ukraine and was #1 in 27 countries, will be available on 7” and CD single. Both formats will also feature a newly reworked version of ‘A Great Day For Freedom’ taken from the band’s 1994 album, The Division Bell.

For this limited edition release, David Gilmour revisited The Division Bell track ‘A Great Day For Freedom’. He has reworked the song using the original tapes which feature Nick Mason on drums and Richard Wright on keyboards, along with backing vocals from Sam Brown, Claudia Fontaine and Durga McBroom. The music for this song was composed by David Gilmour with lyrics by Polly Samson and David Gilmour.

https://t.co/9BxRuw4Cdx

[​IMG]

21. JulesRules

Well!!! That sounds good. I prefer physical product.

22. TheHutt

TheHutt Forum Resident

Now THAT is what I was waiting for.

23. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

Oh oh. I see a cancellation coming….

24. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

"A great day for freedom" ? David Gilmour should've revisited "The dogs of war" instead!

Felix Atagong likes this.
  25. OwnedByAnAustrian

OwnedByAnAustrian Forum Resident

What

Billy Infinity and JulesRules like this.