Eric Clapton - Nothing But the Blues (CD, Vinyl & Bluray)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

clhboa, Aoide, supermd and 13 others like this.
  2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I really enjoy the album and would love to get this and finally see whatevers on Deluxe set plus watch the live DVD, missed the tour date he played during that period, but did see Eric when he arrived to play Buddy Guy's old Legends club to perform a few nights with small audience. At the time I was leaving the downtown 'Loop' district from a meeting the first night and had tried to get a few tickets maybe on the street... of course it was Sold Out very quickly!

Thanks @Daniel Falaschi for posting and sharing the release link above!

3. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Thats terrific news! Been waiting a long time for this to come through and I hope it delivers the goodies!

From IMWAN - “Tentatively scheduled to include four unreleased studio tracks and a DVD/Blu-ray of an untelevised PBS concert from that era.”

So we seem to finally getting the Nothing But The Blues concert on Blu-ray!!!! The only additional piece I would want is a live audio concert from the 1994 tour.

Bring it on!

Vinyl_Blues, supermd, JeffMo and 5 others like this.
  4. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

Will preorder it when it comes out...

Sean, Shvartze Shabbos, Fred1 and 2 others like this.
  5. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident

The PBS broadcast of "Nothing But The Blues" wasn't untelevised,because i watched it and taped it the night of broadcast in 1995 on VHS and still have it.Was only broadcast that one night and never repeated,at least in this area.
    Of course it has never had an official DVD/Blu-ray release,so that's very good news.I have had a bootleg copy for years and it's also been on YouTube for a long time to.With the video and 4 unreleased songs..it's about time.
    Here is something very cool i wish they would include to.The rehearsals for the "From The Cradle" Tour.There are a couple of songs here that aren't on the PBS show.This rehearsal show is just as good as the concert :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  6. crossroads69

I wonder if they will release the Nothing But The Blues documentary that was televised on PBS or just the straight concert film without the interviews, etc.

All Down The Line and longdist01 like this.
  7. I love this album but only 4 new tracks and film of a show I would only watch once makes this an easy pass.

8. Reid Smith

If i remember correctly,the documentary includes the whole show except two songs,that are on the bootleg i have.So it may have everything...hopefully!

longdist01 likes this.
  9. crossroads69

That tour rehearsal footage would be great bonus feature on the Blu-ray!

10. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I’d rather EC do a couple more Blues covers albums than some of his recent lackluster releases. Although there were some good moments scattered throughout, especially on The Lady in the Balcony, they sounded as if Eric was on autopilot.

Vinyl_Blues, Serafin, Jerjo and 3 others like this.
  11. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

About time. Would like to see the live material receive an audio release as well.

12. Daniel Falaschi

clhboa, anth67, andrewskyDE and 5 others like this.
  13. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Agreed. My days of buying albums yet again to obtain "4 new tracks" are well gone.

Could they not have added audio from a live show of that tour??

14. crossroads69

15. crossroads69

It’s been what a lot of us have been waiting for years! The VHS sourced videos on YouTube haven’t really done this material the justice that a properly restored Blu-ray will.

I hope they also provide some of the live performances on CD or streaming. EC’s playing was mighty on that ‘94 tour and it’s shame that a live tour album did not follow From The Cradle success (as Eric moved away artistically with Change The World & Pilgrim).

Edit - it would be great if the Blu-ray offers both options, to view the Scorsese documentary or just watch the full concert.

16. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

I agree. I haven't had a VCR connected for more than 20 years but I still have my VHS copy of the Scorsese documentary. The concert sequences are outrageously good and the segments on his blues heroes were well done. This is the one I've been waiting for along with the Wheels of Fire box.

Deek57 and All Down The Line like this.
  17. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

He's 77 with shoulder and finger/hand issues. I'm surprised he can play at all, much less as well as he did on that release. When he tried to do a bend, he flubbed. I think his electric playing with bends and fiery solos is over.

Vinyl_Blues, Dovetail7, ARK and 3 others like this.
  18. Daniel Falaschi

By the way, I got my hands on the Croassroads box set from the 70's. Good stuff there, so thanks for the recommemdation mate.

19. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Definitely about time. I had to burn my VHS taped from PBS copy of Nothin' But the Blues to DVD back in the day. Wonder why it never came out until (hopefully) now.

20. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i'll see what is on this release

hiterss likes this.
  21. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Wasn't it his management and he put a stop to it?

Dark Horse 77 and Matthew Tate like this.
  22. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Great, great news as the footage that we have seen on YouTube for years such as Groaning The Blues is outstanding!
    Being in Oz i don't think I ever saw the Scorcese documentary with the interviews but i did get a fantastic 2 CD set & a DVD of the rehearsals.
    This upcoming release should have been a no brainer at the time and likely also bolstered a newer generations rating of him as a player, i for one greatly look forward to that and the Wheels Of Fire set!

23. Fred1

Fred1 Stuck in the past with one eye to the future!

Love it. Thanks for bringing it up.

All Down The Line likes this.
  24. Reid Smith

For folks who have never seen the "Nothing But The Blues" show or never even heard of it.If you're a fan of EC you should be very excited about the official video release of this show after all these years.
    This clip of Eric playing is some of his most inspired since the 60's with Mayall and Cream..at least i think so :)
    Have You Ever Loved A Woman..EC and his legendary Red Gibson 335 from his Yardbird and Cream days..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  25. Automatic preorder! :righton:

Jagger69, jhm, Sean and 7 others like this.