Thor - Love & Thunder - July 8/2022

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

First trailer

Stormrider77 likes this.
  2. Deuce66

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Aww yeah, we're back! Not super sold on G'n'R in the trailer, feels a bit too much like "remember when you liked this other classic rock song in the trailer for the last film?" But it works.

Fat Thor no longer being Fat Thor doesn't appear to have been just some magic or Asgardian nonsense, which is nice.
    Looks like this won't be a Guardians movie, as it seems like Peter sending Thor off is something that comes from the first part of the movie.
    Somehow, Mewmew has returned.
    Nothing yet about Christian Bale's Gorr the God Butcher, but I think that was Russell Crowe's Zeus there for a second.
    And yeah, Jane got swole. Wondering if this is going to be a multiple film thing or just something neat for this one.
    Sorry folks, no super serious 1960s superhero Thor here. We're still firmly in fun land.

I'm in. Make mine Marvel! (not that I haven't been knee deep in Moon Knight and videos about Doctor Strange lately, but you know.)

Walt, vince and davenav like this.
  4. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

Love and Thunder? This must be the one where he journeys to Taco Bell.

5. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Looks good. I liked how MCU continually digged into the "perfect" nature of Thor until it eroded with his failures, losses and fat suit, making him more relatable to viewers. Now it seems they're trying to build him back to his original perfection after knocking him down a few notches. Seems like a winning formula to me.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  6. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Exactly that. It's such an overused trope. Almost as bad as "let's use a famous song and play it very slowly on the piano during the trailer".
    I love Sweet Child but it's way, way overused and actually took away from the trailer.

That poster is dynamite though.

7. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Didn't they make Thor a woman a while back?

8. BeatleJWOL

In the comics, yes, not in the MCU. This is supposedly an adaptation of that idea.

unclefred likes this.
  9. unclefred

ok thanks, I thought I'd read something.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I just don't see how they are going to make 90 pound Natalie Portman look... you know, powerful and stuff.

I loved "Ragnarok" so if this is fun like that I'll be OK.

11. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

This looks horribly average.

12. Deuce66

A lot of CGI/motion capture work.

13. BeatleJWOL

Considering she looks more buff than Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, this sounds like it might be the case. Hopefully not as much as a character like Groot or something, since that will set off uncanny valley alarms for just about everybody.

14. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

They're making Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) into the She-Hulk! They're used to beefing up these tiny women!;)

15. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Here's this comic nerds unimportant rant! There was this character in Thors books called Beta Ray Bill, and if I remember it right, he was the owner of that hammer Thors using in the poster. I didn't like it's look in the books, and don't like it in the movies. Especially since they did such a great job with the original hammer in the movies. Thor looks better with the older hammer!;)

Deuce66 and smilin ed like this.
  16. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Possibly the most guarded trailer for an MCU film; told us very little about the movie itself. I guess that's good if you're not a spoilery type. On the other hand, it sure didn't draw me in.

Deuce66 likes this.
  17. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

My initial reaction is that the trailer isn't giving very much away. Gorr the God Butcher isn't in it at all.

Deuce66 likes this.
  18. BeatleJWOL

It says right there on the thumbnail: "OFFICIAL TEASER"

Stormrider77 likes this.
  19. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I’m expecting a good time like the last movie. And Marvel kind of needs that right now with the bummers they’ve mostly been giving us lately. Even Spider-Man ended in a bummer. Dr Strange is a must see for me but that looks like a real serious endeavor. And Eternals was mostly boring to me and and an all around bummer. This looks like some popcorn fun and before the last movie I wouldn’t have expected Thor of all characters to be the one to deliver it.

Deuce66 likes this.
  20. Deuce66

21. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

I’ve seen a lot of these Marvels, but which couple need to be re-watched in order to catch up with where this one starts off (eg, reference to Loki dying, how Peter quill and the guardians are there, “new” Asgard, etc.)?

22. Deuce66

The last two Avengers and Thor Ragnarok? I think that provides enough background.

drumzNspace and BeatleJWOL like this.
  23. unclefred

Good grief.

24. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

She looks more like Thor than Thor did in his last movie!

25. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Thor is a serious, hardcore, warrior, not some comedic joke! So I'm still waiting for Marvel to make a real Mighty Thor movie!

mpayan and Motorcity supernaut like this.