Rough Trade Sale coming May 21 ...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DapperGentleman, May 18, 2021.

1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

actually just took a look at my order history and they also charged me for shipping on one of the much-delayed items. very cool!

hutlock likes this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

SUPER COOL! Lol

I mean, we shouldn’t have to pay shipping just because it took them a few months to get it shipped out!

GentleSenator likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i emailed them this morning and simply told them to refund the bogus charge. they complied with an actual apology and obliged almost immediately!

hype, Patanoia and hutlock like this.
  4. hype

hype Forum Resident

Wow, I didn't even realize at all I was charged shipping as well even though my original order was well over the free shipping mark so I guess i'll be emailing them as well.. Thanks for the heads up guys! It's kind of disgusting and deceiving tbh when you think about how many people just wont notice it (I def. wouldn't have) while you know they are full aware at this point and this is after taking months to even ship the items. They must have just charged most people shipping regardless of how much they spent on the original full order.

Not surprised these are the same people that massively effed up that Record of The Month club they failed miserably at.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  5. hutlock

Yeah, I never would have noticed either unless they had screwed up my order and I had to go back and look at it. I would definitely recommend that anyone who ordered from the sale and had a delayed shipment go and check.

Also for the record, I am a longtime Rough Trade customer and supporter so I don’t like having to say bad things about them here but literally everything about this Sale has been a fiasco. They absolutely need to look long and hard at their logistics operations and fix some things before they try something like this again.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    samwisefan, hype and GentleSenator like this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

if they'd just invest in a better ecommerce platform i think they'd fare a lot better. i can't imagine what the backend looks like given how awful the customer experience is.

hype and hutlock like this.
  7. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, I am a longtime customer as well and up until the last couple of years I have had nothing but great things to say. The long wait from the sale wasn't even a big deal to me if that's all it was but seeing how they handled the entire thing like you said on top of that recent record club that was an even bigger disaster and it's just a really bad look imo. Idk if they made some big changes internally or what but they need to correct the ship soon or they're going to continue to blemish a brand that has mostly been extremely positive for decades. My last reply was def. a bit hyperbolic in reaction, just sad to see one of the few good ones left handle business like they have recently.

hutlock likes this.
  8. cut-out

cut-out Forum Resident

Just closing the loop here. Today, 4 months after placing my order, my final outstanding lp arrived, out of the blue! Never thought I'd see it, and I'm thrilled!

9. hutlock

Wow, that’s incredible.

Were you given free shipping on it (if you were supposed to be)?

cut-out likes this.
  10. cut-out

cut-out Forum Resident

@hutlock Hmmm; I looked and yes, I was charged shipping for this final lone lp ($4.79) and no shipping charges for the earlier box of three lps. I don't remember what the terms were for this sale—free shipping over a certain dollar amount?

11. hutlock

Yep, if you got free shipping on the earlier stuff, you spent enough to get free shipping on all of it. Contact them to get that shipping charge refunded—see upthread on all the various ways to do it. Glad you got your full order though!

GentleSenator and cut-out like this.
  12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah, my curt "please refund the erroneous shipping charge, thanks" message to them worked just fine in my case!

cut-out and hutlock like this.
  13. hutlock

I would advise everyone to just copy and paste that along with your order number!

14. cut-out

cut-out Forum Resident

Yep, one email later, and my shipping charge was refunded! Thanks!

hutlock likes this.
  15. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident Thread Starter

You guys weren't kidding. I had $48 in shipping overcharges. I sent a note to Rough Trade through their online chat system - received all refunds in less than 30 minutes. Thanks for the reminder.

[​IMG]

hype, superstar19, hutlock and 4 others like this.
  16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yikes! that's ridiculous.

hutlock likes this.
  17. Bernice Perkins

Bernice Perkins New Member

Thank you for sharing this great information. Currently, I see a lot of websites that offer discount codes. Everyone who has shopping needs can enter it for reference.

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah, ok "bernice"

Patanoia, superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  19. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

superstar19 likes this.
  20. DapperGentleman

Agreed, this is not a blowout sale like we enjoyed in January.

As an aside, I visit the Rough Trade Sale site every morning briefly to check for new items. Just as they did in January, this sale went live a couple of days ago. I didn't post it here because it was kind of a blah sale, but that email that goes out to subscribers arrived two days 'late', just as in January.

superstar19 and Patanoia like this.
  21. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

There’s a nice price on Jane Weaver’s Flock LP ($11.99 - another color variant for $8.99 has already gone).

22. hutlock

Wow that’s fantastic. One of my top 3 albums of the year for 2021.

23. DapperGentleman

No, not a new Rough Trade Sale today, but, interestingly, there has been NOTHING on sale at Rough Trade for 2 days now.

Calm before the storm?

Reminder from last time: their big January sale went live one day before they PR'd it ... there was a 24 hour period where inventory was high, prices were low and fills were nearly 100%.

24. DapperGentleman

Tonight Rough Trade stocked some sale items in their online store for the first time in many days. These are mostly new titles to "Sale", although these are not the mega-sale discounts we have been waiting for. Still, it might be worth watching the sale site again.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/s/on-sale?_=1621510487284&sort=newer

mur, Fred Dender, jason202 and 3 others like this.
  25. DapperGentleman

Rough Trade put 80+ vinyl titles up for sale yesterday. They are not great titles, and they are not big discounts.

... but ...

it's a reminder to check in at Rough Trade occasionally. Last year's killer sale was in January, but perhaps we'll see some activity before Christmas? Rough Trade has been working on their website for months. They say things have improved.

As an aside, here's what we saw for Black Friday sales LAST year:

LAST YEAR:
    ... above is from LAST YEAR ....

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    superstar19, mur, Fred Dender and 5 others like this.