KEF LS60 Towers incoming...?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Nails, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I'm in...

timind and GoldprintAudio like this.
  2. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

The Blade is essentially LS50’s with side firing woofers. This just looks like a more conventionally shaped Blade. All just guess work at present.

3. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Are those passive radiators on the sides ?

4. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Not a fan of that color combo and the black KEF badge at the top makes them look like a fake but I’d be VERY interested in a pair - passive or active. I could see passives in the $5K range and actives @ $8K.

5. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

KEF will screw the pooch - drivers will be orange or red or blue. And look like a clown car.

6. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I like that they’re willing to experiment with color but always felt a customer order option for a slight up charge would take it to the next level.

7. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Very cool.

8. james

james Summon The Queen

Surprised by the reactions. I think they look great.

timind and Echoes Myron like this.
  9. ChrisR2060

ChrisR2060 Stereo addict

I would have just created a pair of stands loaded with the woofers to give an option for LS 50s owners.

10. james

james Summon The Queen

Tippy-ness (is that a word?) is certainly a factor but no grills already make them non-starters for people with young kids. I can’t have LS50’s or Audio Notes for that reason.

11. Nails

Nails Forum Resident Thread Starter

So.... I received a notice from imgur that KEF requested them to flag my account and remove the image.

I can reupload it to another hosting site, but I think everyone who was interested got to see a glimpse.

12. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Looks like we get the official announcement next Thursday.

Nails likes this.
  13. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

If wireless, KEF needs to seriously improve their app and hardware speaking as someone with two pairs of LSX wireless speakers. It's atrocious, just check the ratings at Apple App Store.... it's one star and presumably would be zero if one could actually leave it as a rating. I've sent one pair of LSX's back to KEF twice for repair. Once they broke again after just one week from the second repair, I gave up on trying for a third time. They could potential sound great but doesn't matter at all if they don't work.

14. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

They will be the LS60 Wireless.

I had the original LS50 Wireless for years and never had an issue with the app although admittedly I only used it for speaker setup.

bob fett likes this.
  15. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

I take it back, I did try a third time to get the speakers repaired after KEF failed twice and after a considerable amount of time, effort and money out of pocket. They just stopped responding or trying to resolve the problem. So terrible software, unfixable hardware, and abysmal customer service. I think three strike rule applies. Hopefully they were able to fix all three of these issues. I won't be first in line to figure out if they have.

16. Alright4now

Alright4now Forum Resident

Please do reupload. I'd like to see what the fuss is all about.

MC Rag likes this.
  17. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Google image search KEF LS60 and look for the Blue tower speakers with the Rose Gold drivers...or wait for next week...

Alright4now likes this.
  18. james

james Summon The Queen

Very interested as I have the perfect application for a pair. I also thought they looked well designed and unique. Price will be the make or break for me

Alright4now likes this.
  19. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

Is this it? Looks nice to me.

[​IMG]

20. Nails

Nails Forum Resident Thread Starter

That’s them, Bateman.

33na3rd and Juan Matus like this.
  21. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I’m intrigued, just not in that color combo. I wonder how it would stack up to my current setup of:

• KEF R11
    • Dual SVS SB-2000
    • Anthem STR preamp running ARC
    • McIntosh MC302
    They have the same driver compliment as the R11 in terms of size but the Mid/Tweeter appear higher than 31.5” from the floor compared to the R series.

I’m guessing @ $6-$8K per pair.

Bill

timind likes this.
  22. bob fett

bob fett Well-Known Member

Very interested. I love the sound of my wireless II's, but so does my 17 yr who already has plans to take them to college next year. Active or passive, I'd order a carbon black pair today if they'd let me.

james and wgb113 like this.
  23. Alright4now

Alright4now Forum Resident

I assume these have the metamaterial, but they're just not calling them LS60W Meta.

24. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

A dealer, who swore me to secrecy about the launch of these, told me they're going to be active.

Echoes Myron and bob fett like this.
  25. Helom

Helom Forum member

Looks like they’re officially going to start out as actives.

The bass woofers straddling the midrange unit doesn’t seem such a great idea for multiple reasons. Hopefully they won’t sound as lean and fatiguing as the R3s.

Is it unreasonable to expect them to retail at $5.5K pair?

avanti1960 and timind like this.