The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch the Face of God -

Not for everyone...
    He was good on the movie Bad Influence with Rob Lowe....
    Right ... was it? :nyah: well that was a good flick.
    Going back to james spader bad influence movie. Some parts of the scene where in Manhattan/Hermosa beach. I kind of recognize it because I use to live in Torrance a few blocks from Redondo.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

The movie with Christopher Walken and Martin Sheen was much older, 1983. The TV series with Hall was 2002-2007.

I'll have to check that out, never heard about it. Always cool to see things shot where one lives.

3. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch the Face of God -

when he confronted Rob Lowe, it was in Manhattan or Hermosa.
    These were the places to travel back in time:
    The Glass Chapel, Peninsula ice skates, Y-Not Burger, The Kettle, Roger Sound Labs, Tower Records, Pacific Stereo, Concert by the Sea, Peppy's Steakhouse, Velvet Turtle, The Annabelle's / The Strand.......... :-plnktn-:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  4. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

We’re supposed to believe this nonsense of sex robots that look like real human beings? The Westworld Blacklist. :laugh:

Vidiot likes this.
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Absolutely ridiculous. They've completely run out of ideas.

Pizza likes this.
  6. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

We just started watching this and are up to late Season 2. Probably thinking we have another season and a half before it gets a bit same old same old.

Enjoyed it so far. Another show where time and travel seems to be irrelevant. :laugh:

shokhead likes this.
  7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

still better than having megan boone there.

8. Pizza

When do we get the episode where they use “inversion” to flow backwards through time to save Elizabeth.
    Some of these episodes are getting ridiculous and over-the-top.

Vidiot likes this.
  9. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Episode 19 was an utter waste of time. Were the writers really reduced to a rip-off of Groundhog Day?

Vidiot likes this.
  10. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

They're probably thinking that anyone that's been able to hang with it this far will watch anything they throw up there. :)

shokhead likes this.
  11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I gave up early in this season. Writing is terrible.

JohnBeas and unclefred like this.
  12. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

That latest episode seemed like a contracted showcase for Aram's varied skills, bad guy, good guy, happy guy, sad guy, cyclist, druggie. If he could sing or skate that would have been in there too.

Vidiot and Bachtoven like this.
  13. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

With the drastic reduction of quality in season 9, I don't think I'll bother with 10. I just hope the secret of his identity is revealed at the end of 9.

Klavier likes this.
  14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They literally do that: they promise every regular member of the cast, "OK, you're going to get 2 episodes this season that will feature mainly you as the focus of the story."

We're desperately hoping for that resolution as well.

Veltri likes this.
  15. George P

George P Notable Member

I recently had the pleasure of very briefly meeting the actor who plays Dembe. I saw him, called out "Dembe!" and told him that I love his work on the show. He quietly and politely thanked me.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  16. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

This is still on? I gave up after they killed off Mr. Kaplan.

17. bresna

bresna Senior Member

My wife & I lost interest in this a few years back. I can't believe it's still on, especially after Megan Boone's character was killed off. The whole premise of the show was based on Red helping the FBI due to her involvement. Once she's out of the picture, what reason would he have to continue helping them?

18. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

But did they really?

To get their quid pro quo assistance in his criminal enterprise, and the more boring reason to work together in finding the ones behind her death.

19. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

The writing has been hit or miss, but I continue to watch just for Spader. There is some unused story line potential relating to Ray's becoming The Skinner.

20. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

Have never missed an episode from the start and still love it. The weekly cases have gotten very interesting and timely again, and they have continued to weave the search for Elizabeth's killer through each week's developments. The Munchausen by proxy episode was first rate just as an example. I had my doubts they could pick it up where everything went down last season for this season, but they have done it. Already renewed is an indicator that interest is high. And James Spader is a masterclass. Only performance lately I've seen that tops him is John C Reilly as Dr. Jerry Buss in Winning Time!

21. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

He’s called The Blacklist, yet I have not seen him attempt any blackling thus far.

22. Pizza

I've long given up hope on that. If they ever reveal it, it'll be on the final episode. "Hi, everyone. I'm really an alien from another planet."

So I just assume the secret is what some of us have concluded. My wife thinks I'm far off the mark. The joke will be on us that it'll end up being a simple explanation.

Sprague Dawley likes this.
  23. rjp

rjp Senior Member

it's kind of like the 'lost' thing.

the writers have no idea how to end it or explain it, they will just do so when the time comes.

:shrug:

Sprague Dawley and shokhead like this.
  24. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

We know he had some sort of identity hiding plastic surgery. I guess it all boils down to what all they removed/modified!

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Mr. Kaplan came back for about 10 seconds in last week's show. I agree, she was a very interesting character.