The Monkees complete TV show on Blu-ray box set.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pizza, Sep 8, 2015.

1. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  3. silvertrees

silvertrees Forum Resident

While that's true that all the episodes can be found on YouTube; many are in low resolution(480dp or less) and the soundtracks for the romps are often replaced with dialogue from the episode, or left silent altogether.
    I'm guessing this is due to fear of infringing on copyright laws. Therefore these butchered versions do not reflect the original artistic intent envisioned by the creators and producers of the show. Not having the romps represented faithfully lessens their effect dramatically.

BeatleJWOL and D-rock like this.
  4. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

You don't sound like much of a fan. :shrug:

seeknom, intv7 and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I ordered the t- shirt and sweatshirt. I already got the Bluray set first time around. I received my shirt and sweatshirt. Very nice but that was like a week ago. I have a USPS notice that a package is arriving today from WEA/Warner ...

longdist01 likes this.
  6. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I never said nor implied that. I’m saying this is a lose-lose because the label could be making more money by offering more for sale, and more fans could be enjoying this set if they could actually purchase a copy. Glad you were lucky enough to have snagged a copy. :thumbsup:

Upsiditus likes this.
  7. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Win for me too. I did buy it when it came out -- but I bought myself a spare last month (plus a $5 t-shirt for the collection) to keep sealed. No plans to flip it, of course. But it's good to know that if anything ever happens to my existing copy, I've got one I can crack open to replace it, without having to resort to flipper prices (or worse, go without). In the meantime, I get another beautiful lenticular box to look at.

The Beave, Grand_Ennui and Michael like this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I've done that on other purchases (not this one) years back. I no longer practice this...

supermd likes this.
  9. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Anyone watch the
    complete series
    every year?

10. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Good for you. That means one more fan gets to enjoy this extremely limited set.

11. Michael

well I don't own the set so that's another that got to purchase it...good for you. ; )

supermd likes this.
  12. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

You did not buy the blu ray set this time?

Michael likes this.
  13. Michael

I wanted to, but it wasn't possible. : (

longdist01, supermd and SRC like this.
  14. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

It sold out pretty quickly recently even for several who missed getting it online the first time, I'm curious "how many" were actually unloaded at Merchandise table for Micky's recent Spring tour... sure hope a few fans were able to get it at a show...it was $250- on table.

A very slim chance, but I hope Rhino is still discovering more in the warehouse or maybe these were 'Returned' back from Micky's merchandise unsold stock??

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    supermd likes this.
  15. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I guess the best way is to refresh the webpage in hopes of catching some in stock. That’s what I’m going to do.

Edit: I see there is now an option to add your email to be notified if they get more in stock.

longdist01 likes this.
  16. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I think some of what was sold online *was* stock that wasn't sold at Micky's shows...

BobT, D-rock and longdist01 like this.
  17. capicipie

capicipie Well-Known Member

If memory serves me correct, from i thought I saw on FB, I thought he bought ( or brought) enough for 20 BR box sets per show for the tour. So let's say - 140 or make it an even 200. I can't imagine they sold out at all 7 tribute Monkee shows , plus the fact they were not being offered at Micky's solo shows with Felix.

And now this is me taking a wild guess/speculation - I would have to believe he will do East Coast show for the Monkees tribute in the fall thus the reminder of Box sets left, if any, will resurface there?

18. semidetached

semidetached Monkees Mixographist

Dunno if this was mentioned upthread, but at least on the last night of Micky's tour in Madison, the sets were $200 - the ones that they were selling at $250 were signed on the spine by Micky.

longdist01 and intv7 like this.
  19. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I signed up to be notified years ago and when they were finally made available last month, I never received an email. My suggestion would be to put this thread on your watch list. These are good folks and will post when/if more become available.

longdist01 and supermd like this.
  20. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Finally got around to playing the single. Mine has the labels reversed also.

longdist01 likes this.
  21. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni Thread Starter

Lol! They should have marketed the shirts as “premium padding” for the box set.

BobT, longdist01 and Michael like this.
  22. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni Thread Starter

That’s too bad.

longdist01 and Michael like this.
  23. Michael

it is...it sucks! thanks for you nice comment...

longdist01 likes this.
  24. Michael

maybe that's why they charged only 5 bucks for the shirt?

Galley and longdist01 like this.
  25. BeSteVenn

BeSteVenn FOMO Resident

I was at that show, there was only one person working the merch table. He told me they still had plenty of sets left when we bought ours.

longdist01 and D-rock like this.