Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo Show release*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark-10, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Badass good it is!

Matthew Tate and mick_sh like this.
  2. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

How many times do I have to tell you guys, I only posted the DR values for informational purposes, I’ve been raving about the sound quality here before I knew what the values were….pay attention! Did you see me say anything negative about this release? I think not. For the tenth time, this is a STELLAR release in every way!

supernaut, Jam757, laf848 and 9 others like this.
  3. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

4. Terry

Terry Senior Member

This album is phenomenal. Why, oh why, was this not released instead of Love You Live? Had they done that, the group would not have suffered it's late '70s malaise with the public, me included. Just think how much better the reaction to Black and Blue would have been if it had followed this release. Missed opportunity.

keef285, Maurice, CBackley and 4 others like this.
  5. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

The thread can be shut down and you can be reported. Its fairly serious also that something that was only released yesterday can now be downloaded for free.

I regret quoting your original post in full as it makes me just as guilty for reposting the link

6. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident

You need to listen to it on a proper surround system. Atmos mixes almost always sound awkward on headphones. That's not what they were made for after all.

Surround mixes of live releases are less spectacular/immersive than surround mixes of studio albums anyway. They're usually mixed that music comes from the front and audience/ambience sound from the back - which totally makes sense (especially when combined with video of a gig) - but you definitely miss out less by just listening to the stereo version on headphones or a stereo system (in comparison to stereo vs surround mixes of a studio album).

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    Jaap74 likes this.
  7. Nike

Nike Duke

Mine colored lp on the way. But I might pick up cd bcs this realeses are awesome

8. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Great version of Luxury, love it, my favourite version of Worried About You also. Definitely one of my favourite live releases I own now, not at Brussels level but not far off.

supernaut, Matthew Tate and btltez like this.
  9. Nike

Nike Duke

Man we all ready knew that you MT fan. But this live blew Brussels for me

10. parkgrover

parkgrover Forum Resident

Listening again to cd today - this album is up there with Brussels, Ya Yas and L&G as top notch live Stones

11. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I bought this on the basis of the bootleg of Hand of Fate I heard a while back. Money well spent! Shame I couldn't be there but I was only 7 at the time.

supernaut likes this.
  12. Bruce Burgess

Bruce Burgess Senior Member

I wouldn't think so. They get the files from the sme source.

13. Bruce Burgess

Bruce Burgess Senior Member

Agreed.

John Fell likes this.
  14. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Do you mean Some Girls?
    Black and Blue came out about 10 months prior to the Toronto performances.

duggan and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. FredV

FredV Senior Member

No excuses! :tsk:

TonyCzar likes this.
  16. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

...and I didn't want Margaret Trudeau hitting on me...

supernaut likes this.
  17. mds

mds Forum Resident

Qobuz has a very nice 96/24 version, sounds wonderful.

RobCos02330 and TonyCzar like this.
  18. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

I don’t get all the love for Brussels. Preston is way too much on that one. He’s a clown. And I love MT but he sounds bored on that show. He just keeps noodling and playing runs without any soul.

19. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Or, Billy Preston was a musical genius and deserves every bit of praise he ever received.

20. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Saved the bacon of both the Beatles and Rolling Stones. Every avatar on SHF should be a BP face pic.

Adam9, vcpj, hiterss and 6 others like this.
  21. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I can't argue against that. But when I think about Billy Preston and the Stones, Brussels is the last thing that comes to mind. He certainly sounds good on this new set!

TonyCzar and MRamble like this.
  22. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Preston was a bit intrusive on the 1975-76 tours as well in my opinion and not just his in show 2 song set.

23. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

You say intrusive, I say integral. As far as I'm concerned, the man basically was a Rolling Stone in that period. He was bringing as much to the band as anyone else.

24. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I'm not a fan of his synth squiggles in Midnight Rambler among other examples.

His 2 song set in the middle of the show breaks the Stones' momentum in my opinion as well.

25. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

I have multiple box sets and pressing’s from GZ, all audiophile. Some of my best pressings.
    BeaVe