JEOPARDY! 2022

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, Jan 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay_Z

Jay_Z Forum Resident

As far as categories go, I would rather have as wide a variety as possible. It's clear that many of the champs are simply cramming Wikipedia pages and don't really know anything about the answers they are giving. I would rather reward thinking and actual familiarity.

guy incognito and beccabear67 like this.
  2. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I'd say there are as often Greek and Roman mythology as 'The Bible'. I've noticed Norse myths sometimes as well, much of which I probably only know from old Thor comics. :laugh:

I was about as annoyed at a Doobie Brothers question (which I knew) as for Eminem or Adele. Classical composers have never been absent though... I guess it is hard to come up with a good balance; one show will seem too much current tv and another too much sports.

3. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I just need less clues about Shakespeare. Once it goes outside of Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet and Caesar I'm just throwing random guesses. Shakespeare comes up far more often than Bible clues...which I also struggle with.

Ghostworld and mrjinks like this.
  4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Over the decades, I've noticed that Florence figures into a lot of Italy geography questions. It's always my defacto guess when such an answer appears.

5. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

6. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I personally love the categories about Shakespeare, the bible, and music and movies the most. Sometimes I love the literature categories too, but depends on the author they're asking about. Geography categories are okay, but back when I was in school they didn't have all these oceanic islands and such, and Russia was simply called Russia. What I never get right though are college/universities questions, not to mention senator/governor type stuff. What I really wish they would have again are those categories forcing people to spell or do math in their heads, but then again I've always loved math and spelling myself so maybe I'm biased.

MikaelaArsenault and beccabear67 like this.
  8. beccabear67

I just figured out who Ryan Long reminds me of... that guy Corey on Pawn Stars! They both sound the same.

Maybe they would slow the game down a bit?

9. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

Does Ryan have an issue with his right eye?

10. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

Bring back “Rock and Roll Jeopardy!”
    It’s the only one I was any good at.

11. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Good idea!
    But they'd need a new host. The old one, Jeff Probst, went on to bigger and better things. He's perfect in 'Survivor'.

MikaelaArsenault and Veggie Boy like this.
  12. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

Agreed. Jeff Probst was great in R&R Jeopardy. Too bad he couldn't find a way to do it as a side line. Heck, even Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik are side lining the main Jeopardy.

13. beccabear67

I'll take April Wine for 500. :agree:

14. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Just between you and me, that certainly is one POTENT potable!

Spaghettiows and beccabear67 like this.
  15. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

I know what you are talking about. It appears his eye glasses were made without reflective lenses (you can really see this during Final Jeopardy when he is writing on his monitor), and I think they are catching a studio monitor/game board and reflecting it.

An aside, they need to give that dude some coffee/caffeine between games - he seems so exhausted by the time the Double Jeopardy round rolls around.

Spaghettiows likes this.
  16. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Me, too! I used to yell and throw things when contestants were clueless about 60s and 70s categories. On the other hand, I sucked at Rap/Hip Hop.

17. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I loved Rock and Roll Jeopardy. Probst was the perfect host, and the show itself was a lot of fun.

18. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Rough game tonight. Ryan made a lot of wild guesses.

19. beccabear67

Ah! I haven't seen it yet (west coast)... better log off now. :eek:

Keith V likes this.
  20. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Yeah, he seems to be a lot more reckless over the past few games. I've got to imagine that for some of the multi-win contestants weariness eventually takes its toll.

JohnK

21. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I was starting to think he wasn't gonna win it on Thursday night...

Keith V likes this.
  22. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

And Thursday night as well :cool:

23. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I PVR'd it. The episode started, then quickly cut away to a live feed from the White House. They returned to regular programming just before the "Final Jeopardy" question. A quick glimpse at the scores brought me up to speed - this wasn't going to be a nail biter.

Keith V likes this.
  24. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Ryan Long is a 15 game winner/champion but I notice he gets Final Jeopardy wrong quite often but still manages to win. He has to be a leader in wrong answers but lots of wins. Of course he hasn’t met his match yet.

MichaelH and GMfan87' like this.
  25. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Throw in Richard III and McBeth and your're covered on the Bard.

WarEagleRK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.