Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Call them, you'll get a quicker response.

latheofheaven, hutlock and ad180 like this.
  2. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

This is NOT a Deep Discount deal, but I know there are shoegaze fans in this room.

Film School's 2018 album 'Bright To Death' sold out on vinyl. The band just posted to Facebook that they found one more box of the original LP's on colored wax - they're up for sale now on their bandcamp page. Price is $25 plus s/h.
    Bright To Death, by Film School

This is a 'Deal' in the sense that there are apparently still no plans to press any more, and the secondary market price has been higher than this recently.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  3. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

You have already used this Promo Code

so yes, won't work for existing users

WarEagleRK, latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Well this is disturbing.

Watching a few tracking numbers from the DDBB reload. All are out for delivery here in Cali but one went from “out for delivery” to “arrived at the USPS Regional Facility, CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER”!!!

Not sure this is even physically possible in 10 hours without hitting another USPS location in California beforehand.

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Went to the well one more time ... whew!

Average per-item cost of US$8.53, shipped:

• 3596973926227 Tsew the Kid - Ayna - Limited Edition [Import] CD $10.46 <-- Rap Mixtape; I have increasing interest in this genre, I liked what I sampled on Qobuz, and if the photo is accurate it'll be cool to get a t-shirt, keychain, etc., in addition to the compact disc.
    • 9324690174461 Steve Kilbey and Gareth Koch - Chryse Planitia [Import] CD $5.76 <-- Kilbey from The Church, and Koch is a classically-trained guitarist.
    • 194398424217 The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan (180-gram) LP $11.37 <-- I'm probably too late in line to get this one, unless they have a genuine crap-ton of them in Blowout Bin.
    • 602435311906 Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott - Manchester Calling [Digipak] [Import] CD $6.81 <-- I already have the 1xCD edition, but for under $7 I'll take the 2xCD deluxe edition, thank you. (Paul Heaton from The Beautiful South and The Housemartins; Jacqui Abbott from The Beautiful South and also duos with Heaton since 2014.)
    • 763416922310 Israel Nash - Topaz LP $8.27 <-- I sampled this first on Qobuz and liked what I heard, so I'm taking a chance here. Pressed at Optimal if I found the right listing on Discogs.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    SJP, Patanoia, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  6. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

Just placed my first Deep Discounts order. That White Stripes deal sold me. Let's hope it ships.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  7. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

PLUNGE also seems to be a valid 10% off code, but you have to be logged in to use it. I have never used a 10% off code before, so I don't know if the "use only once" rule applies.

CraigVC and latheofheaven like this.
  8. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I'm in shock at how much I got from this latest Deep Discount splurge (not counting my back-to-the-well purchase a few minutes ago).

All of this for just under US$400.

[​IMG]

So far I've only entered 15 of these items into Discogs, and with sales history for 13 out of 15, the "Collection Value" shows as:
    Min $434.94 Med $538.85 Max $711.12

I've got another 12-15 items to add to my Discogs collection (it's bedtime now), and I would guess that my Deep Discount purchases this week might come close $1,000 median value. And even if it doesn't reach that high, it's reassuring to know that I already got more "value" than average market value.

Deep Discount can be a little risky for me, as I am torn between doing thorough "due diligence" on each title I'm interested in, and making sure I grab one before it sells out.

Generally though, I've had many more "winners" than "losers" (e.g., Femi Kuti - Africa Shrine CD I bought for $8.77 from Deep Discount is offered on Discogs for 25% of that price (around $2.00)), so I'm staying in the Deep Discount game and continuing to ride it while the blowout deals continue to be such great values.

9. DapperGentleman

Don't Sleep - 190 vinyl LP's added to the bin. Haven't researched yet. I see Flamin Groovies reissue, Soundtrack Of Our Lives, Tim Buckley, a big Archie Roach box set, surely many more.

======================

Edited to add: I couldn't find that many new titles, although the total certainly shot up. I think there are a lot of weird titles, and stuff that's not marked down too far. But I happily bought these four, and will look later for more:

Extended Revelation For The Psychic Weaklings Of [Limited Gatefold, 180-Gram Silver Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    The Soundtrack of Our Lives
    LP
    1 $10.82 $10.82

L'Uccello Dalle Piume Di Cristallo (Original Soundtrack) [Limited Crystal Clear Vinyl] [Import]
    Ennio Morricone
    LP
    1 $11.64 $11.64

Paura: A Collection Of Italian Horror Sounds From The Cam Sugar Archive / Various [Limited Splatter Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    Various Artists
    LP
    1 $23.55 $23.55

Songs For The Jet Set [180-Gram Clear Vinyl] [Import]
    Drugstore
    LP
    1 $8.73

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  10. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

I used DEEP10 a long time ago and after not allowing me to reuse the code, I was able to use it again. So if you have used the code a while ago, try it again....it might work.

hutlock and Mike6565 like this.
  11. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I think they have a crap ton. It's still showing as in stock 24 hours after I ordered a copy.

hutlock likes this.
  12. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

Deep10 worked for me as well... thanks for the tips!

Columbia Albums 1976-1982 [Import]
    Weather Report
    CD
    1 $9.81 $9.81
    Era 1: As Bs & Rarities 1978-1984 [Import]
    Chris Rea
    CD
    1 $7.52 $7.52
    Extended Revelation For The Psychic Weaklings Of [Limited Gatefold, 180-Gram Silver Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    The Soundtrack of Our Lives
    LP
    1 $10.82 $10.82
    Get Behind Me Satan (180-gram)
    The White Stripes
    LP
    1 $11.37 $11.37
    Hits Vegas [Import]
    Def Leppard
    CD
    1 $9.74 $9.74
    How Is It That I Should Look At The Stars
    The Weather Station
    LP
    1 $8.13 $8.13
    Humble Quest
    Maren Morris
    LP
    1 $8.45 $8.45
    Jumpin In The Night [180-Gram Black Vinyl] [Import]
    Flamin Groovies
    LP
    1 $9.85 $9.85
    Right Back Where We Started From: Female Pop & Soul In 70s Britain / Various [Import]
    Various Artists
    CD
    1 $6.99 $6.99
    Shadowhead [180-Gram Black Vinyl] [Import]
    LP
    1 $7.78 $7.78
    Shake Your Money Maker [Import]
    The Black Crowes
    CD
    1 $5.49 $5.49
    Tim Buckley [Limited 180-Gram Gold Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    Tim Buckley
    LP
    1 $8.12 $8.12

Promo Code: DEEP10($10.41)

Total$101.74

hutlock, superstar19 and jason202 like this.
  13. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I just wish there were an easy way to see everything that's just been added. Sorting by "In Stock" and "Available Date Newest" both bring some of the newest additions to the top, but there are always some mixed in with albums that have been available for months.

hutlock, WesB and superstar19 like this.
  14. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Jesus, Deep Discount, just take ALL of my money:

Distortion: 1996-2007 [Signed 140-Gram Clear Splatter Vinyl] [Import]Bob Mould5014797904088LPQty: 1 | $59.70 (ea)
    Availability: In Stock
    Additional shipping charge applies - 6.53 lbs
    $59.70

Abbabubba [Limited 180-Gram Black & White Split Colored Vinyl] [Import]Black Francis5014797905177LPQty: 1 | $8.26 (ea)
    $8.26

Songs For The Jet Set [180-Gram Clear Vinyl] [Import]Drugstore5014797905290LPQty: 1 | $8.73 (ea)
    $8.73

Paura: A Collection Of Italian Horror Sounds From The Cam Sugar Archive / Various [Limited Splatter Colored Vinyl] [Import]Various Artists8024709218827LPQty: 1 | $23.55 (ea)

That Bob Mould box seems like an incredible value, even though I only really like about half the albums in it. And that Paura set looks really cool if it's indeed the version that comes with all this stuff:

[​IMG]

15. Mordax

Mordax Forum Resident

16. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Went Popmarket and got my White Stripes shipment confirmation. Thanks for flagging this one!

17. DapperGentleman

Here are some I saw this morning:

Scotty Baker - Lady Killer - rockabilly guy for $4.94
    Scotty Baker Lady Killer [Import] on DeepDiscount

Durutti Column - Rebellion - didn't this go out of stock before? it's back for $7.19
    The Durutti Column Rebellion [140-Gram Blue Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Showadaddy - Rock N Roll Jukebox - 2021 for $7.21 on pink wax - this was a thing here wasn't it?
    Showaddywaddy Rock N Roll Jukebox [180-Gram Pink Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

John Lewis - 33 Years Stage By Stage - another Rockabilly guy - 2LP
    John Lewis 33 Years Stage By Stage [Import] on DeepDiscount

'The Old Guard' soundtrack by Hauschka and Dustin O'Halloran -
    BERTELMANN,VOLKER / O'HALLORAN,DUSTIN Old Guard: Music From The Netflix & Skydance Film (OriginalSoundtrack) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Martha Wainwright - Love Will Be REborn
    Martha Wainwright Love Will Be Reborn [Limited] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Solution s/t on MoV label - this is the European 1970's prog rock band
    The Solution Solution [Limited 180-Gram Orange Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Katie Melua - In Winter - her Christmas album I think
    Katie Melua In Winter [Import] on DeepDiscount

Brainbox - Parts - Dutch prog band reissue
    Brainbox Parts [Limited 180-Gram Yellow Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Martin Gordon - Thanks For All The Fish - ex Radio STars guy
    Martin Gordon Thanks For All The Fish [Import] on DeepDiscount

Zenith Volt - Timekeeper - good old-fashioned 1-man retro synthpop sound
    Zenith Volt Timekeeper [Transparent Red Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

I also saw some Clannad reissues.

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

dear lord i don't have enough room for all of this cool stuff

19. DapperGentleman

I tell you, if you bought that Mansun CD Box set you surely don't have room. That thing is massive, huge, the largest box set of any kind that I own.

20. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Same. My current shelving situation is woefully inadequate. I should've used the money I spent on these records to rent a truck and buy the biggest Kallax at IKEA :)

21. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I think they had three different Durutti titles on the last big round, and this is the only one I got.

22. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Thanks for this. Listening to Solution (1971 album) now. Had never even heard of this, but there was so much good weird prog/jazz/kraut that came out of europe in the 70s. my god, that continent must have been stoned for an entire decade. Gonna check out Brainbox next.

23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Same.

24. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

25. 47West63rd

47West63rd Forum Resident

Thanks. New band (to me), I liked the sample on Band Camp and picked up LP on Orange vinyl. Always a sucker for colored wax. Thanks again!