Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. imthetxman

imthetxman HardMediaMan

Yeah that might be worse… :)

Billy Infinity and Bill Mac like this.
  2. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

I was 17 years old in spring '94 when they came through Phoenix - I camped out for tickets and bought enough to bring my mom, dad, uncle and aunt. I can't believe how long ago that was, and it feels really like just last year.

3. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

OUCH!

4. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Same age and same year I first saw Pink Floyd! April 16, 1994 at the Rose Bowl. One of the best nights of my life, and the very first time I’d ever heard the sensational “Astronomy Domine”.

I was obviously too young to have seen them during their 1977 tour. [Breathe easy, @rontoon, that last on-topic sentence was just for you.] ;)

5. sumaes

sumaes Forum Resident

What podcast was that? Curious to listen to it.

6. Billy Infinity

I’m guessing the Rockonteurs with Guy Pratt and Gary Kemp. SW was a guest on their podcast in September of 2021.

7. sumaes

sumaes Forum Resident

Awesome, thank you! Will give it a listen. :D

Billy Infinity likes this.
  8. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

Animals 5.1 Remix. "When Pigs Fly". Infinite edition.

9. Actually, that Steven Wilson quote came from another, more recent, podcast: The Line Up with Shaun Keaveny:
    The Line-Up with Shaun Keaveny: THE PLAYLIST by Filtr

a great premise for a podcast series, by the way:
    "what would be your fantasy line up (either living or dead) if you could organise your own festival"

half-spoiler to bring this almost on-topic: among the many acts he picks, Wilson chooses Floyd 1967-1970 featuring both Syd & Dave ("because I can", it's my fantasy) :p

Here's a link to a teaser video for the episode with SW:
    https://twitter.com/shaunwkeaveny/status/1527256029855105033

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    St. Troy likes this.
  10. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

It wasn't on that one.

11. Billy Infinity

Ah, ok. Thanks.

12. Beyond Salvation

Beyond Salvation Forum Resident

Sure & if they release it when they are dead & the people most likely to buy it are dead too well good on ‘‘em eh. Smart.

St. Troy and mark winstanley like this.
  13. Beyond Salvation

We should have had a contest & whoever was the closest guess to the date wins a copy.

JulesRules likes this.
  14. Billy Infinity likes this.
  15. Beyond Salvation

Must have put somewhat of a strain on your friendship. Hope he gave you your ticket money back or bought you a few drinks at least!!

St. Troy likes this.
  16. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Yikes, it sounds like SW's voice was recorded with his Atmos reverb plugins set to stun — does his wife's family have a stone-walled sitting room by chance?

Anyway he has very flattering things to say about Roger's work and didn't mention his stance on politics at all, just said he didn't want to meet him and be disillusioned afterwards. Fair enough...

I just want Guthrie to finally finish remixing the records from '73 to '79 in surround, and buy them, and then stop having to follow anything that happens in the Floyd family drama!

jamesc, St. Troy, Kristofa and 2 others like this.
  17. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

The guy wasn't a very good friend. Never paid for his ticket to begin with. This happened in high school and due to his issues with the police where I lived my Dad convinced me not so subtlety to get better friends. Of course I followed his advice and was far better off. He showed up at a party at my apartment several years later and proceeded to cause all types of issues. Cops were called and they let him go because he had someone else's ID. He's been dead for years as someone stabbed or shot him.

jamesc, ItsNotIt's, St. Troy and 3 others like this.
  18. Beyond Salvation

I had a friend who sounds similar to yours. Always causing issues wherever we went. Took me a while to shake him.
    On a better note I was lucky enough to see Floyd in Sydney in 1988. Fourth row, in front of the female backup singers. My girlfriends workmate camped out for two nights to get the tix. My g/f gave it to me for my birthday. Woohoo!! I still have the tour T-shirt in near mint condition.

hiterss, JulesRules, St. Troy and 2 others like this.
  19. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I had opportunities to see Floyd in '87 and '94. But unfortunately passed on both shows but the circumstances were what they were at the time. I've seen Gilmour and Waters each solo several times so I'm lucky in that regard.

Beyond Salvation likes this.
  20. Beyond Salvation

Ah well yes that’s certainly made up for it then.

I had a ticket to see Sabbath with Ozzy in Brisbane in 2013 but was getting married on the same weekend & couldn’t convince my then soon to be wife to change the date so had to give the ticket to another good friend. My friend who got us the tickets said to me “Johnno, you’re putting love before Sabbath!!??” I said “Yes, yes, I know….:-(“

duneman likes this.
  21. Doctorbox4

Doctorbox4 Forum Resident

If my boss were ever to check out the correlation between UK Floyd shows 1980 to 1994 and the occasions where I rang in ill, I’d be straight out!

hiterss, garrincha, Cody B and 17 others like this.
  22. slainte

slainte Forum Resident

The summer of '94 in Philadelphia was my first "real" concert. That, of course, was Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour. Pretty memorable experience. Smoke signals were definitely being thrown by The Vet. . .

Got to see Roger some years later on his DSOTM tour. Though I didn't see them together, I'm glad that I've seen the Floyd in some spiritual fashion. Especially glad I got to see the often overlooked Richard Wright.

23. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Can this thread be closed until an official announcement is made? :/

albertop, andrewskyDE and klockwerk like this.
  24. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Just "unwatch" this thread and we'll PM you as soon as it happens.

hiterss, Cody B, jɑmbo and 9 others like this.
  25. Chemically altered

Chemically altered Forum Resident

I'm waiting for the 10.2 version.

ItsNotIt's likes this.