5 liftlock cases for $124?

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Raxel, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raxel

Raxel Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Private ID's, I always think these auctions are fakes.

3. If you want to go crazy, just spend some time on eBay finding ridiculous auctions like this one. There is no explanation that makes any sense is all I can say. If it is a fake auction, what is the reason? This is one of hundreds I have seen I can't understand. Just as soon as you think you have seen everything, you see an auction with bids of $25 each for 5 empty CD cases.

Maybe eBay plants fake auctions like this so we will all pay listing fees to try and cash in on the seller's market? I guarantee that explanation makes more sense than the truth which we will never know. Oh, and by the time I looked, it had gone above the $124 price to $127.50. Check back in a few weeks and I bet you won't find any evidence the auction price was ever paid. It may be some people look for the goofy auctions and bid crazy prices then never pay just to frustrate the seller.

Chris

4. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

I needed a good belly laugh to cheer me up this morning and thanks for providing one.

5. Jay F

Jay F New Member

I don't even like that kind of case. I replace them with regular ones.

6. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

$127.50 now. Yeah right!

7. phish

phish Jack Your Body

something is worth what someone else is willing to pay.

i'm looking for these mfsl cases at this point myself to resell!

8. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Great - now "mymusicfix2" will be charging $500 for 5 of the "absolute last lift lock cases on earth"....:(
    You wait - it will happen.

9. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

10. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

That's ridiculus. Just FYI, the MFSL CD-Rs don't come in lift lock cases anymore. They switched over to the regular jewel cases, as I found out the last time I bought one (8 or 9 months ago).

11. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Money laundering scheme probably.

12. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Maybe they include a "Ringo" DCC Gold as a throw in?

13. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I am going to wait a year or two before I sell my extras :evil:

14. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

I bought what I believe was the first 17 this guy sold on eBay (at an average of $4.00 ea.).....they were listed as new unblemished cases.....I got them and they were all blem seconds. I asked him about it and he confirmed that he knew they were blems. :realmad:

Then the guy had the nerve to ask me a half dozen times to leave him positive feedback......ya right. :p

15. That explains the high price for the subsequent auctions as each case will be unique one of a kind. Rare in this hobby equals valuable.

Chris

16. This auction for 6 cases discloses tiny cracks barely noticeable. The price is up to $152.50, even more expensive. This has to be a joke and perhaps unhappy purchasers of previous auctions of his are just screwing up the auctions by bidding with no plans to pay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

If anybody can make any sense of it, I would sure like to understand. I may go put my couple DCC and MFSL discs in standard cases and try to sell the lift lock cases.

Chris

17. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Unbelievable isn't it. Why on earth would you wan to bid on for what effectively is broken jewel cases.

18. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Ok.. ok.. look you guys I wasnt really going to sell mine but I know there are some of you most likely needing these so I am going to be kind and blow mine out for 12.99 a piece :edthumbs: .

You know heck I am going to make a sacrifice here. 50 bucks.... FIFTY BUCKS... :eek: for 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know.. I know.. I am losing money here. But you guys are forums friends by golly and I just think its the right thing to do :angel:

19. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

Definitely money laundering.

20. cooper16

cooper16 Forum Resident

I used to buy these new from rubberdisc.com, but it looks like they no longer carry them. :mad:

21. Patrick

Patrick Senior Member

These are no longer being manufactured.

22. billdcat

billdcat Well-Known Member

I won't miss them.
    Never cared for them in the first place.
    Too easy to damage a disc using them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.