Obi-Wan Kenobi, May 25 on Disney Plus

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BeatleJWOL, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Of course she knows who Ben Kenobi is. He is the intended recipient of R2 and the message. Help me , Obi-wan Kenobi!

FACE OF BOE likes this.
  2. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

I'm still trying to figure out why an unmanned space freighter would need atmosphere and gravity.

robertawillisjr likes this.
  3. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Maybe sometimes it transports space livestock??

More bewildering - if the ship was automated why didn't the Empire know where it was heading?

4. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

I thought episode 3 was very good. Was like a cat playing with a mouse. Can’t wait for episode 4.

5. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

There is no direct evidence in the original film that Leia knows that Obi-Wan and Ben are the same Kenobi, at least prior to her rescue from the detention block. There’s also no evidence she doesn’t know: my entire point was that her dialogue and delivery work just as well either way.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    BeatleJWOL and vegafleet like this.
  6. wolfyboy3

wolfyboy3 99 Red Balloons Go By...

I'll take a stab at this:
    Sorry I don't know how to do the "spoiler" thing so beware: SPOILERS below.
    That was the Jedi symbol and it pissed her off because she was once a Padawan? This is based on prior speculation in the thread. The opening scenes of the first episode showed a Jedi trying to rescue some Padawans. It is possible one of them was Reva. Quinlan Vos is a different reference.
    By the way, how do you do the spoiler thing?

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

just use the tags: "SPOILER" & "/SPOILER" in front of and at the end of your comment and replace the quotes with [ & ] on each

BeatleJWOL and wolfyboy3 like this.
  8. wolfyboy3

wolfyboy3 99 Red Balloons Go By...

testing
    Thanks!

9. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

You need to be more intelligent. Just because someone has a different point of view to you does not make them a 'hater' - it makes them someone with a different opinion to you.

Really the word 'hater' should be banned as it is so lazy, inaccurate and just used it seems by most people here as a way of dismissing legitimate criticism.

This is a discussion board. When discussing art of any kind you will most likely get a wide range of opinions. Dont call someone who disagrees with you a hater. There are probably loads of things I love that you wouldn't, I wouldn't call you a hater if you said you thought something was rubbish.

FWIW the current audience score on RT is 61%, which is pretty low for something with a huge fan base and a favourite character.

So whether people here like it or not it's a fact that reactions to this series are not overwhelmingly positive and lots of people think it's poor.

10. Interesting.
    Back in the 80's an adult Doctor Who fan went on daytime tv and whined about how his favourite children's programme had been ruined by the then-current producer. All very entitled. Thirty years later the same individual somehow gets to become the actual producer of Doctor Who. And it turns out that he was really as full of it as he seemed at the time. He produced one or the worst era's of Doctor Who since Kennedy got shot.
    DW, Trek, Star Wars; it's all fan fiction these days.
    No imagination.
    On the part of the producers or most of the watchers it seems.
    If your main complaint is that some character had a longer nose in another product or his shoes were a different shade of brown, or he might not be the right age to play an alien, you're probably missing the point.
    It was an entertaining hour for a show based on a children's movie.

11. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Regarding Ewan not looking like Alex. They could have him pull of a massive Force related action that drains his energy and makes him look older, like with Palps in Episode 3.

Rodant Kapoor and BeatleJWOL like this.
  12. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Thank you for the the education on how discussion boards and the internet works. There is absolutely nothing wrong with legitimate criticism. Unfortunately too much of the faux criticism on threads about popular genre fare are not that. It is the same handful of people seemingly hate-watching films and TV episodes just so they can repeatedly dump on them week after week. Just the opinion of an apparent lazy, unintelligent person

Curveboy and BGLeduc like this.
  13. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I sat down and watched all 3 "Obi Wan" episodes last night. What a disappointing mess, with poor acting, plot lines big enough to drive a landspeeder through, and an inglorious return to marring a Star Wars joint by casting young actors who don't actually act very well (when good child actors do exist).

14. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

I’m enjoying the series but it’s a bit underwhelming. With Vader, nothing really happened. I’m sure there will be some cool stuff to come.

GentleSenator likes this.
  15. Frozensoda

Frozensoda Forum Resident

Am I the only person who can shut off their mind for 45 minutes, eat popcorn and enjoy a show?

Stormrider77, SJP, moosebass and 12 others like this.
  16. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Right? Like he could be the father of a certain smuggler!

17. Looks that way.
    Seems there's a lot of people out there who could be making far better telly than those who do.
    It's all just so unfair.
    [Insert picture of frustrated child stamping their feet.]
    :)

BGLeduc, Frozensoda and kouzie like this.
  18. cdcollector87

cdcollector87 Forum Resident

I thought it sucked. Anyway, glad some people are enjoying it.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

so does this mean you enjoy it?

20. Frozensoda

Frozensoda Forum Resident

Yes, yes I did.
    I’m not coming into this expecting a show like The Wire, so I enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  21. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Finally got round to watching this. I'm only one episode in and like with the Mandalorian and Boba series, I'm loving the art direction and the context. However, like with those two poor sagas, the script and direction is very pedestrian, as if it was written for a cheap cartoon series. The voice overdubs are poor too. I'll be going the whole way though.

22. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

This pretty much covers every TV show for me, even the Wire. To be entertained is the reason I watch.
    I've tried to watch Stranger Things, Outer Range, Starry Night, and others but just can't get into them. I love Better Call Saul but I don't analyze why the characters do something or think about it too much when it's over. It's entertainment. I think I'll rewatch The Wire, that was a good one! "Who shot snot?", that line made me laugh.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    Frozensoda likes this.
  23. Isolar801

Isolar801 Forum Resident

It actually Sucks Monkey Balls....no big surprise. Disney strikes again !!

Scott222C and cdcollector87 like this.
  24. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE Thread Starter

As much as I hate ( :) ) to admit it, even the haters are welcome here. As long as you're not reaching out to actors you dislike directly and calling them names or telling them they can't act, criticism is valid. Even the dumb kind. :laugh:

I'd be curious to see how you think the Clone Wars series stacks up, then.

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. Gary_Stewart

Gary_Stewart Forum Resident

Star Wars isn't science fiction, it's fantasy.

Shawn and Isolar801 like this.