Prey (2022) - New Predator movie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Timeline Man, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Timeline Man

Timeline Man Time Traveler from Naples Thread Starter

Trailer is out!

My rank list:

1- Predator (1987)
    2- Predators (2010) - best sequel so far
    3- Aliens vs Predator: Requiem (2007)
    4- The Predator (2018)
    5- Predator 2 (1990)
    6- Alien vs Predator (2004)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  2. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I am looking forward to giving this a chance. Love the franchise, but The Predator (2018) was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  3. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I'll pass….. 7 movies in, it's time to put it to rest!

Rich-n-Roll likes this.
  4. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Thanx for the heads up !

Timeline Man likes this.
  5. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

The last few attempts at a new Predator flick (2010 and 2018) have sucked, but I have to admit I'm intrigued by that trailer.

Setting it in a different time period (rather than present day) is an interesting twist.

I have Hulu so I'm sure I'll check it out at some point.

Johnny66 and Chrome_Head like this.
  6. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I'd go as far as to say NONE of the sequels get anywhere close to the first. Several of them are plain horrid.

It beggars belief that that fumbled the ball after the first. Let alone, all these years later, they continue to mess it up.

This one is only on Hulu?

Also, watching the trailer, it's nice the natives have thick American accents like they just walked off the set of a sit com.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    enro99 and YarRevenge like this.
  7. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

This can't help but to be better than 'The Predator'.
    That movie was so poorly conceived and executed it was an embarrassment to the franchise. By far the worst of the series.

8. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

I don't disagree that The Predator (2018) was pretty terrible, but the film was heavily altered by Fox, against Shane Black's intentions. The entire third act was changed extensively, which caused continuity problems. Olivia Munn's role was also severely cut, also causing continuity problems.

There's no way of telling if Black's original cut of the film was an improvement, of course (unless Disney releases it one day, which I doubt will ever happen).

alexpop likes this.
  9. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Bow and arrows against a Predator? I'll give it a watch.

Andy Saunders likes this.
  10. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

The trailer does look pretty cool

11. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

I'm guessing (and probably correctly) that the main character will be 'honoured' by the Predator(s) for being a true fighting spirit and warrior, a theme which has been touched on in a couple of the Predator films.

12. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

The predator will help the natives against the invaders in the final battle.

13. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Looks great!

Timeline Man likes this.
  14. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

In the original Predator movie, the Yautja (the Predator) had superior advanced technology to the military guys. But Arnold Schwarzenegger beat the Predator with mud, old fashioned booby traps, hand-to-hand fighting and (sort of) using the Predator's technology against itself. So I think it's possible to beat a Yautja with 1719 weapons.

The advantage a military guy from the 1980s had over people from 1719 might be that they can grasp faster what the Predator is doing with technology like laser sights or heat sensors.

Interesting that they didn't name this movie with "Predator" in the name, but went with "Prey". I can't find the budget for this movie online, wonder how much they spent on it. Looks like this movie has officially gotten an "R" rating - Wikipedia mentions some speculation that this was going to wind up PG-13, which would be pretty sorry for a Predator movie!

15. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Hope it will be available in Canada as we don’t get Hulu.

16. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

The original cast also dubbed the movie in Comanche, and had even filmed scenes in both English and Comanche.

Prey Will Give Viewers The Option To Watch The Film In The Comanche Language

Prey Will Give Viewers The Option To Watch The Film In The Comanche Language

“[Director Dan] Trachtenberg clarified and emphasized, saying the creative team did struggle with what he called the "'Hunt For Red October' thing," where the characters speak Russian before transitioning into English. He said they never quite came up with a way to make that work, so instead, the film was shot in English and Comanche. "Both languages are spoken, but when you hear English, it's as if it's Comanche," he said. "But what Jhane is speaking to is on Hulu, there will be a Comanche dub of the movie, so you can watch the entire movie in Comanche with the original actors returning to perform their roles."”

17. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Thread heading.
    Movie?
    It’s not a movie. Wish it was so I could see it in the cinema. Hopefully it’ll get a dvd( media ) release.

18. alexpop

The Predator (2018)
    Munn .. severely edited.
    What was edited it out?

19. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I had a hard enough time understanding Arnold.

ubiknik likes this.
  20. alexpop

Trailer looks heaps better than 2018 efffort.
    Could be even better than 2010 Predators.
    I’d prefer to watch it - Native American language.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Chrome_Head likes this.
  21. alexpop

Present day another Predator BIG screen film version..wouldn’t mind Jason Statham being involved.

22. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Gotta say, this one looks like it has the potential to be far better than the last two solo Predator outings.

My ranking:

Predator (1987)
    Predator 2
    Aliens Vs Predator
    Predators
    AvP: Requiem
    The Predator

alexpop likes this.
  23. alexpop

Think you nailed it.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  24. alexpop

Prey?
    What does the predator look like?

25. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Wow, now that's cool. I mentioned earlier that the American English voices was jarring - so this is just the ticket.

The IMDB description reads: The origin story of the Predator in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago. Naru, a skilled female warrior, fights to protect her tribe against one of the first highly-evolved Predators to land on Earth.

Interested by the "the origin story of the Predator" bit.

Timeline Man and Chrome_Head like this.