Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Well, who wouldn't be willing to pay $100 for a set that sells for nearly $1,000? I don't even want it, but I'd buy it for $100 and resell it at a profit if someone were to offer it to me at that price.

FWatty and astro70 like this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Looking for a vinyl box set in the $200 price range to add to an order to even it out. Who’s got suggestions?

I have one in my cart for $202 and another for $215, so I’d really like to get something close for my freebie…

3. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

hutlock likes this.
  4. hutlock

5. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Not many of the $200 albums intrigue me aside from the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot deluxe but assuming you might already be buying that with the $215 album…

the Muddy Waters one step is there but only $140. You could always buy two copies of one of the ones you already have in your cart and cancel one copy immediately after ordering if you can’t find something else…sale price still will be honored for the other 2

hutlock likes this.
  6. hutlock

Yeah, the Wilco set is the one in there already for $215.

I might just go ahead and do the cancellation trick if I can’t find something else. I’d love to take full advantage of the deal but not if it means buying something I don’t really want anyway.

Mike H. likes this.
  7. Grateful Dead fan? Dicks Picks 19 is $199

I’m guessing the $202 is the Ornette Blue Note box?

Mike H. likes this.
  8. hutlock

I already have the Ornette box or I would totally have added that. The $202 is the Bowie — A New Career… Box.

I don’t like the Dead but my girlfriend does so that’s a possibility… thanks!

Mike H. likes this.
  9. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    oldjollymon, hutlock and Mike H. like this.
  10. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Or just cancel one

hutlock likes this.
  11. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

hutlock, kouzie and Patanoia like this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

13. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Remind me how the buy 3 cancel 1 or 2 works again if you please?

14. hutlock

Just buy 3 as you normally would. Then you go into your order afterwards and cancel 1 or 2 as you see fit. The remaining item(s) on your order will then be pro-rated at the discounted price.

If I have any details on that wrong, please someone jump in and correct me!

Shawn likes this.
  15. Beholdentonoone

I was going to try the buy 3 cancel 2 for that Basquiat book but could only put 2 in my cart. I then went to Amazon to check the price and it's also $159 but currently they offer a $53 coupon bringing it to just over $100 so sorry Target I couldn't resist that discount!

DapperGentleman and hutlock like this.
  16. Beholdentonoone

Interesting thing I just noticed...I ordered 3 copies of an item priced at $65.99 and cancelled 2 of them. I got the $21.99 off but the total for tax reflects the purchase of all 3. Has anyone had experience with this and do they adjust the tax once the item ships?

17. hutlock

Interesting!

IIRC they only put a hold on your card when you order. Then it drops off and they charge you for real when it actually ships. Given that structure I would say you only get charged tax on what actually goes out to you.

18. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

They adjust the sales tax before the purchase is charged to your credit card.

hutlock likes this.
  19. Yes, it is adjusted at the time of shipping.

20. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

it should be 104 at Target as well after the trick i think (maybe plus tax...but if you have the Target red card you get an additional 5% off). So seems like it's kind of a wash to buy that one at either place!

21. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

as others have said, i can confirm that sales tax gets adjusted. interestingly, even though i didn't technically hit my target circle amounts after discounts, i still was awarded the $20 free rewards bonus.

reminder for people ordering a bunch, it's free to join target circle and you can get additional money back from hitting certain benchmarks each month.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  22. I wish there was more info. The description says 2 LP 180-gram so I’m wondering if this is ‘just’ the stereo and mono LPs from the 50th set?

hutlock likes this.
  23. hutlock

Yeah if that 2LP description is accurate, I can’t imagine it is anything other than the mono and the stereo. We all know the situation with the Stones’ ABKCO catalog as far as outtakes and alternates go…

Shawn likes this.
  24. Yeah, I’d love a 2 LP 45 RPM cut of the stereo (which I think would be allowed?) but doubt it’s that.

hutlock likes this.
  25. kevinkasson

kevinkasson Forum Resident

Seems like the same one is on Elusive Disc for pre-order and there's no mention of the 2LP there. So I'm gonna guess that Target's description is wrong and it's only one LP. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's actually both.

Shawn and hutlock like this.