New box set: McCartney I II III

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sgt. Abbey Road, Jun 17, 2022.

1. UnderTheFloorboards'66

UnderTheFloorboards'66 Forum Resident

Reminds me of that song he wrote "Let It Bleed".

TimM likes this.
  2. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

I thought I had that one covered? "To release such a bare bones release makes this only for fans who dont have the original 3 albums."?? hehe

3. BrentB

BrentB Urban Angler

Same here. I have NM copies of : I-Apple Sterling LH stamped, Capitol Black label reissue, II- Standard US Columbia, US WLP, and III standard black vinyl. No use for this set, but some will want it.

4. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

[​IMG]

BeatleJWOL and intv7 like this.
  5. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Here’s McCartney III part III that I posted about months ago. Thought it was dead but obviously not

Troyh, forthlin, Paul P. and 7 others like this.
  6. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Well, you nailed it. I have the albums too.

That doesn’t make me shake my fist at the sky and impotently wheeze, “Hard pass!” Like a bunch of these posters.

Sargon, formu_la, Ryan Lux and 3 others like this.
  7. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

I feel like some people only post on the forum to tell me what they're not going to buy. :laugh:

Sargon, ARK, supermolland and 3 others like this.
  8. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Finally! We got that out of the way...

Now... about McCartney IV...... :evil:

BrentB and omikron like this.
  9. supermd

supermd Senior Member

No bonus tracks at all? Just a collection with some nice photos? I’ll have to pass. I can’t see any reason to purchase this, after two archive releases (with extensive books and bonus tracks) and the just-released III (also with bonus tracks). It does look like a nice package, though. I would consider the vinyl set if I didn’t already have four colors of III.

This would have been cool to have some unreleased tracks, or even unreleased vintage mixes, such as the rumored Chris Thomas mix of “Maybe I’m Amazed” (I think of that often).

10. UnderTheFloorboards'66

Seems to me you're the one getting your panties in a twist over imaginary people shaking their fist at the sky and impotently wheezing "Hard Pass!", chill. :whistle:

TimM and no.nine like this.
  11. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Man that nonsense took forever to clear the decks. Had hoped they scrapped it

12. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

LOL yes, but you and I have been here on this forum for long enough to know that almost all archive releases bring out the Get off my lawn gang :) You can guarantee there will be a bunch of people in any given archive thread going "Who were they marketing to? The fans have ALL this stuff forever (because they have it) and we are not getting any younger!! They should give me what *I* want". hehe

ARK, HarvG and davenav like this.
  13. bward

bward Senior Member

On Macca’s website it’s $99/$89 US for color/black vinyl editions.

Paul McCartney Official Store

That’s actually not a bad price per album after the recent price hikes.

Not trying to justify it, just an observation.

For some it’s a hard pass, for others a must buy.

Either way, not worth getting upset over.

14. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

This would be a cash grab if they actually grabbed my cash. I’m not blaming Paul with inflation and a looming recession for trying to cash in on something. I already have all these releases, some multiple times. It’s my right or choice to either buy it or pass, so I’ll pass. Besides, ease up on the guy, he turns 80 on the 18th.

15. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

Only to post later how they got it really cheap or they wouldnt have bothered and to point out all the reasons WHY this was a bad release. But at least they have it in their collection.

And the record company people keep smiling.

ARK and edenofflowers like this.
  16. bward

bward Senior Member

LOL!

These things always draw out the Macca haters.

Im used to it by now.

17. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Yes. These folks are eager to spend on what they don’t have. But if they have it, then it’s just pure cash-grab greed!! :confused:

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  18. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

I would have been up for this set if each album had a second disc of bonus tracks etc. Not even necessarily unreleased stuff either, but just putting all the bonus tracks in one nice edition.

BeatleJWOL and supermd like this.
  19. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

"Ever notice that their stuff is sh**, and your sh** is stuff"?

-- George Carlin

No one is forcing you to buy this..."crap", as you call it. If it makes a fan happy to buy a collectible box, then why rain on their parade? Honestly? You're not the audience for it, and that's fine. Why waste part of your life complaining about its existence?

Sargon, Bill813, Choba b CCCP and 6 others like this.
  20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Guys, I don’t understand all the vitriol over this. Either buy it or don’t. Nothing to get hung about.

Sargon, JeffreyB, Usagi75 and 7 others like this.
  21. supermd

supermd Senior Member

If I could somehow get this set on colored vinyl for around $70, I’d really consider buying it. Unlikely, I know. That’s my personal price point. :)

JeffreyB, Sean, bward and 1 other person like this.
  22. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident Thread Starter

THIS!
    :agree::agree::agree:

supermd likes this.
  23. UnderTheFloorboards'66

Exactly, someone called this a crap product and suddenly people got real worked up over it. Some people on this forum need to reflect and reassess.

ARK, no.nine, davenav and 2 others like this.
  24. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

I don’t call this “cr@p”.

BUT.. the expectations were (and still are) high on something we don’t already own: Archive Collection, to name one :rolleyes:

Let’s hope the Macca camp will release something more interesting.. and less redundant, this year :tiphat:

JeffreyB, JLPMacca, Sean and 4 others like this.
  25. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

They are preying on those who buy everything out of some misplaced duty. If this sold about 50 copies they might get the message and release more interesting stuff like long awaited archive releases. If people just say "I don't need it but I will buy it" then expect more of such releases