uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I don't get the VIP thing. They have a banner on the page, the first thing you see, that says VIPs get 5%. Why doesn't it work? I think they need some basic upgrades in their software team. I'm happy to lend my services. Shall we say 75% off everything? :)

GentleSenator likes this.
  2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

The item I plan on ordering is a pre-order (not a Blue Note title though), and the 25% off is applied. I am just waiting to see if I can get that additional 5% as the fact is I'm a Diamond status member.

GentleSenator and riverrat like this.
  3. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Has anyone heard a peep from uDiscover on the matter of the extra 5% for VIP customers?

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Nope. They responded to the one email to me but nuttin' since then.

5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I've had some fruitless back & forth with them, e.g. suggesting that the reason they are having "higher than normal volume of inquiries" might be because their web "gurus" screwed up this promotion and many of their customers are trying to get them to fix it.

Also wondering why, given that they are one of, if not THE largest corporate music company in the world, with all the resources that implies, this seems to be such an intractable issue. I even tactfully suggested that maybe they were having 2nd thoughts about the additional 5%.

Like many others here (I'm guessing) I never bother to order a thing from these idiots unless there is a decent sale.

hutlock, mrjinks and Swordsandchains like this.
  6. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

So it seems we're back to the bug of not being able to combine points with a discount. It won't let me do the SUMMER2022 code with my points. that was fixed a long time ago. is it broken again or a new rule?

7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

**** udiscover

8. hype

hype Forum Resident

It's pretty much a **** show tbh.. I've gotten some great deals and customer support has mostly been good for me but there's no question they have some major problems. To be such a massive company and still have so many problems with there website and promotions after years of clearly knowing about it is ridiculous. The crazy thing is if they hired an even semi competent web team most of these issues would be pretty easy fixes. All they had to do was make it one point voucher per transaction or better yet make it to where the point vouchers weren't valid for other accounts and it would have instantly killed the majority of people taking advantage of it. I'm just holding out they allow points to be used again during a sale but who knows when/if they will allow that again it's all a mystery at this point.

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah others have reported this has been going on for a while now. who knows if it was intentional or not. doubt they even do. i think chimpanzees run their websites.

mrjinks and hutlock like this.
  10. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Received my 30% discount code today

JorgeGvb, Patanoia and hutlock like this.
  11. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

did you have to ask for it? Or did they just send an email with it?

hutlock likes this.
  12. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

I sent a message to Customer Support on May 30th, this is their second reply. The first was they were looking into it.

hutlock likes this.
  13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Huh. So maybe this will start working for everyone now!

(Probably not but hey good for you @grsmnkey — that’s awesome news)

14. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Well, I'm a bit peeved I couldn't combine some of my (many) rewards gift card vouchers, but I went ahead and preordered the 2 Blue Notes I planned to anyway; Dial 'S' For Sonny, and Kenny Burrell. Also finally grabbed the Maxtrix Tapes box set. Not bad at all, but definitely annoyed I couldn't use any of my gift cards.

15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Same here - got my 30% off code yesterday. Used it for the Elton "Madman" SDE on CD.

I assume it's a unique code unlike the 25% code.

16. TheTalkingDrunk

TheTalkingDrunk Forum Resident

Also got a 30% off code after emailing customer service. Took over a week and a few nudges before they provided it.

17. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Was anyone able to score the Bob Marley Half Speed Masters "Super Bundle"? W 25% off that would have been a great deal. Any comments on the quality of those issues?

On another note I can't believe I STILL have not received my Jamaican Pressings of the Marley titles I ordered a loooooooong time ago. I got a delay update email in January but nothing since....Oh Mr Marley how I wish your catalog was in better hands!!!

William_Wilson_80 likes this.
  18. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I only ordered the one that they refunded us for and said they would still ship out. I’d still love to have it but I am definitely not holding my breath. Considering it would be free at this point anyway, I’m ok with it.

19. Swordsandchains

Just got email with my 30% off

William_Wilson_80 and Davidmk5 like this.
  20. TheTalkingDrunk

TheTalkingDrunk Forum Resident

Same

21. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Oh no. It works on the Uber Box Set.

Decisions.

William_Wilson_80 and Davidmk5 like this.
  22. Swordsandchains

i saw that, only $620 total. However, i wonder if this will end up the way of the GNR Box…

23. FWatty

Could, but I'm not sure there were near as many issued. I'm wringing my hands about this. I have the 8LP and digital sets but have not opened them because I've been wondering about this Uber set, so I could probably sell what I have for at least a couple hundred. That would further offset. Man, only Abraxas has caused me more anxiety about buying something that I want but which is totally unnecessary given the price.

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. Swordsandchains

How many did they make? They allow 4 units per order and its already discounted to 799 less than a year later, i think they may have more than theyd like. Id just be worried come next black friday sale this would be similar to GNR

im not a huge huge fan of the album but its definitely a cool center piece for a room

25. FWatty

Off memory, I think they did 10K of GNR and 3K of the Uber.

Swordsandchains likes this.