Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

If it’s not the DSD version it’ll go back. I’m not aware of the Record SD spatter.

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Note that the seller is infamous drop shipper iDeals Store, you can't cancel items and if you need a return you have to message them and have them approve one.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Please note the price on the RSD splatter vinyl…

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed

If that is indeed what they send you, I would recommend you sell it yourself rather than send it back to Amazon!

4. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Sure looking forward to my DSD LIB!!!

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  5. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Aparently, based on the bar code, it's the DSD black release. Still a deal The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

If you get the splatter LP, don’t send it back. Send it to me at cost!

The Elephant Man and hutlock like this.
  7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

8. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Thanks for the tip on the Monochrome Set box. I stalled when it was $91, and it quickly shot back up to $179. It momentarily went back down to $101, and I pulled the trigger before it went back up. Still not a bad deal!

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

ordered the nina simone pastel blues when it was OOS as well and they shipped earlier than expected. definitely worth a shot.

latheofheaven and Patanoia like this.
  10. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

hutlock, mur, superstar19 and 2 others like this.
  11. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Thanks to previewing them on Qobuz streaming, I found these discounted LPs appealing enough to purchase. Only $36 total, with free Prime shipping, for all three!

• Under the Pepper Tree by Sara Watkins $9.59 (-54%) <-- Mostly cover versions of "children's songs" (e.g., Willy Wonka, Nilsson, Macini, Peggy Lee, etc.) with a few originals mixed in, but presented in such a beautifully calming, "adult" way; if you can find a way to preview it you'll probably understand better than my description can convey. I was completely enthralled by about 5 minutes in. Mastered by Bob Ludwig.
    • Days Of Speed [2 LP] by Paul Weller $16.30 (-57%) <-- Craft Recordings 2xLP reissue of this 2001 live acoustic set. 180gram LPs, gatefold jacket. Mastered by Tony Cousins.
    • Sojourn of a Burning Sun by Daniel Rodriguez $10.91 (-45%) <-- Male singer-songwriter stuff, with backing band. Mastered by David Glasser, who's done good work on other titles I have in my collection.

12. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Also, if you're collecting the PJ Harvey reissue LPs, Camelcamelcamel says this is the best price yet for The Hope Six Demolition Project DEMOS LP at $19.04 (-37%).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095GFKVYF

13. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Took advantage of this, and just got a chance to spin the picture vinyl disc. I've got a skip at the beginning of "Heaven", and noticed a very small visible defect in the vinyl at that spot. Anyone else who ordered have a similar pressing issue? It's amazon so I'm planning to try and exchange, but just wanted to check and see if this was a one-off or more widespread.

14. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

I order this and it should be showing up today. Half off original price was too good to pass up. Problem is, it’s like 98 degrees and hoping no warps!!!

15. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Mine arrived on Monday. It sounds great, no warps but part of the box was damaged in shipping.

16. Dunedin

Dunedin Forum Resident

Thank you, dropped below $19 so I picked this up. Now I just need Is This Desire to come down by a lot, it is currently $34.

17. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

Man, that stinks. I’ve been lucky with no shipping damage for most part. Are you returning for new one?

18. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Ya, i am. Im usually not too picky but if i can get a clean one ill take it.

19. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Man, if I had a nickel for everytime I've said that...

20. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

David Jones - "The Width Of A Circle" (2 CD set) (2021) for $19.95 (usually retails for about $35.00):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092FLPJC9?

"50th anniversary of the original U.K. release of The Man Who Sold The World David Bowie’s landmark entry into the 1970s. The album not only began the collaboration with guitarist Mick Ronson that would continue with such Bowie classics as Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane, it kicked off a 10-year run of indispensable albums stretching through 1980’s Scary Monsters. -The 2020 re-release of The Man Who Sold The World restored the album’s intended title Metrobolist, while featuring a new mix by original producer Tony Visconti. Taking its name from the album’s opening track, which was named after a painting by Bowie’s friend George Underwood, the new two-CD set The Width Of A Circle acts as a complementary piece to that album. Its 21 tracks feature non-album singles, a BBC In Concert l session, music for a TV play and further Visconti remixes wrapping up David’s recordings from 1970 and revealing the first sonic steps toward Hunky Dory."

21. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

22. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Bought. This kind of stuff is one of my geek interests. Oddities in quantum physics, multiverses, etc. ... Even in "this" universe, there are at least trillions of galaxies. It boggles the mind what must be out there.

23. DeafDumbAndBlindKid

DeafDumbAndBlindKid Forum Resident

Bobbie Gentry, Girl from Chickasaw County, $67.34

The Girl From Chickasaw County - The Complete Capitol Masters https://a.co/d/3OZLYka

24. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

25. popscene

popscene Senior Member

And worth every single penny. A fantastic box.