Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

Has anyone had any recent experience of parcels from overseas being delayed at Melbourne Airport?

Since Wednesday lunchtime, my JPC Germany delivery has been "International arrival - awaiting clearance, MELBOURNE VIC".

When I ordered this (the Fripp - Exposures box) this wasn't available from Amazon Oz. But a few days after ordering it was, and for a lower cost. And to rub salt into my wounds, one person who ordered it via Amazon AU has already got their box.

It's a pity that Amazon AU are so bad at doing pre-orders for Amazon UK content. Seems the secret is to wait until after it's released for Amazon AU to finally put it up on their website.

Jimmy Agates, westcj and ispace like this.
  2. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

I generally allow 3-4 days for stuff to go from Europe to Australia.

… and then two weeks for stuff to get from the eastern states to Adelaide. Australia post is hopeless. And that’s being generous.

3. AFCAD

AFCAD Forum Resident

Notjust 2 weeks to Adelaide - I've watched stuff travel around Melbourne for 2 weeks after landing from o/s before arriving at my local PO, sometimes with a Melbourne to Sydney return trip thrown in for a bonus. Can be a shambles at times...wish my parcels were accumulating frequent flyer kms for total distance traveled.

4. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

In fairness to Aus Post, I suspect that in the case of my order "awaiting clearance" means my parcel is spending days in Customs, and thus Aus Post don't have it yet.

Though there is the possibility that it has been cleared, and the parcel is with Aus Post awaiting its first scan by them.

iloveguitars and westcj like this.
  5. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

I’m not giving Aus Post any leeway on delivery issues.
    It wasn’t that long ago when same state was next day and interstate was 2 days.

They are absolutely taking the piss these days.
    Massive pay packets, horrible performance, big bonuses - and we’re all just having to accept it.

6. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Lots of their infrastructure doesn't work. Most Express Post is manually sorted because the machines recognise the postcode but not that it's an express post. It took the bigwigs about 5 years to realise this.

croquetlawns and westcj like this.
  7. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Mylene and westcj like this.
  8. Big Swifty

croquetlawns likes this.
  9. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

10. westcj

11. westcj

Sigma6 likes this.
  12. westcj

Mylene likes this.
  13. westcj

Mylene likes this.
  14. van1

van1 Forum Resident

Bulsara, Bonddm and Mylene like this.
  15. westcj

Gone - someone got a bargain, not me, but I did think about it!

Mylene likes this.
  16. westcj

Re the Bob Mould box set - I haven't come across any distortion as yet , but the set certainly has one of the loudest mixes I have ever come across. Play one of the set's CDs after any other CD, and your would swear the volume had doubled!

Haven't got far into the set as yet - can't get passed the Sugar CDs! Hadn't played any of my Sugar CDs for 15 - 20 years - forgot how great they were

17. Big Swifty

18. Big Swifty

19. Big Swifty

westcj, Sigma6 and Aussie pressing like this.
  20. Big Swifty

PdB73, Candyflip Records and Sigma6 like this.
  21. Big Swifty

22. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

How do we sort that list in the Warehouse?
    Amazon don't really expect us to scroll through 9000 items do they, page by page?

23. Big Swifty

At the Amazon search bar, I change 'All' to 'Amazon Warehouse' and then enter CD or vinyl in the search bar and scroll.

But there has to be a better way.

24. Big Swifty

25. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

I was gonna press Buy (nostalgia), but it's a SACD - do I really need another stacked in the garage in boxes, gathering dust? :hide: